The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Down

Author Topic: Hijack this thread!  (Read 70332 times)

purple kitty

Re: Hijack this thread!
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 07:44:25 pm »

Aw, it's good that you guys are gonna meet up again.. but I'm sad that I can't go. :(

You know what I was thinking would be funny?  A TCF-Meetup Passport.  Everytime we go to a meetup, we could get our Officially Unofficial Passports stamped with a RebelFire stamp.
Kirsten = Officially Unoffical TCF dork.

No, seriously, I dunno how it would work.. I mean, it would basically be a little booklet with a bunch of rebelfire stamps in it, right? OH! LET'S GET THESE PASSPORTS CHIPPED!!!! YES!!!!! THAT'S IT!!!

I'm kidding... I dunno, some other folks may think it's silly.. I guess you could have an "info" page with screen name... and that's it I guess... Maybe have folks write their "name" on the page and then rebelfire stamp it?

I like that idea a lot. But the only downside I could see is if one of us gets busted, hosts of meetups that the bustee has attended, might get a phone call from the police.
Well, duh, you wouldn't put your real name. And it would say "[insert city] meetup" not "Meetup at 5654 BlahBlah Road"

Kirsten

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2006, 07:45:01 pm »

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:20:42 am by Kirsten »

Jac

• CPC? I'd tell you, but I'd have to kill you...
    • http://www.russmo.com
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2006, 07:46:20 pm »

Still and all, I think elk is right on this one.  Perhaps the Tucson Meetup could be codenamed "The Third One".
Heh...

Just as long as you immortalize his quotes, I'm okay with that. :mellow:
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

purple kitty

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 07:48:22 pm »

Still and all, I think elk is right on this one.  Perhaps the Tucson Meetup could be codenamed "The Third One".
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Of course, the codename would be decided by the meet-up attendees at the meet-up and nobody else would know unless they asked and were told.

I guess we would do some retroactive passport-stamping. And does going to candyland to see Jac and CB count as a meet-up? Do you get a new page for each visit? Or just another stamp on the same page? And what about in those cases when nobody *has* a stamp?

Jac

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 07:50:37 pm »

And does going to candyland to see Jac and CB count as a meet-up?
Well, of course it does. I mean... it's Me. Duh.

And what about in those cases when nobody *has* a stamp?
Now, what kind of geek wouldn't have a stamp?!?
I have never regretted that I chose to "take the red pill." But there are days, just rarely, when the truth is so ugly, so brutal, so unmerciful, so relentless, that even if I wouldn't rip the truth from the wall socket and hurl it out the window to crash on the sidewalk below, I wouldn't mind if it featured a snooze button so we could savor just a few more moments in slumbered pretension and warm, fuzzy lies pulled snugly up over our heads.
--PSM

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2006, 08:32:29 pm »

I think I figured it out... See, S6 has finally admitted to himself that the Twinkie thread is on the decline, and since he started that thread (he constantly brags about it), he feels a need to start another thread that has the potential to explode into a Twinkie-like thread to compensate and maintain his status as master nonsense-poster and thread-jacker.

I've got you all figured out. I say we shun him and deny him the glory of another Twinkie-thread-like-phenomenon.

Oh, yes, that must be it....Because one can't just keep the twinkie thread alive by bumping it or anything simple like tha-  Dammit, Jac!  You keep taking my sarcasm brackets!  You're either trying to make me look bad in front of your sister (which won't work) or you're trying to protect PK cause you have a crush on her (which is kinda sweet, I guess...). Meh, either way...

I've got you all figured out. I say we shun him
Okay.

Oh no!  I'm being shunned!  Oh, wait....it's just Jac....and he's not even doing a good job of it, what with posting in my thread and all.  :)

and deny him the glory of another Twinkie-thread-like-phenomenon.
Uh. Why would we not want more threads like the Twinkie thread? The Twinkie thread saved my life, got me out of debt, and now, the girls just won't leave me alone! :mellow:

How many times do I have to tell you, them hitting you with a tire iron to get you to go away does not constitute "won't leave [you] alone", Jac?  :)
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

Jac

« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2006, 10:00:21 pm »

As punishment I hereby banish you forthwith from the cattle or sheep pastures for a period not less than one month.
Just make sure you take it easy, there, bucctoo. The poor animals are used to elk, who treats them gently, and may not respond well to your idea of "fun".
--PSM

Jac

« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2006, 11:12:19 pm »

Oh, yes, that must be it....Because one can't just keep the twinkie thread alive by bumping it or anything simple like tha-  Dammit, Jac!  You keep taking my sarcasm brackets!
:evil: Try and stop me!

You're either trying to make me look bad in front of your sister (which won't work)
Try? I just have to sit back and let you do the work...

or you're trying to protect PK cause you have a crush on her (which is kinda sweet, I guess...).
Isn't that a little... sixth grade? I've come to expect a little more than that from you, man. Really.

Uh. Why would we not want more threads like the Twinkie thread? The Twinkie thread saved my life, got me out of debt, and now, the girls just won't leave me alone! :mellow:

How many times do I have to tell you, them hitting you with a tire iron to get you to go away does not constitute "won't leave [you] alone", Jac?  :)
Hey... it gets me attention. Whatever works, right?
--PSM

Kirsten

« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2006, 11:48:09 pm »

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:20:24 am by Kirsten »

Kirsten

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2006, 12:04:27 am »

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 11:20:07 am by Kirsten »

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 12:05:46 am »

Oh, yes, that must be it....Because one can't just keep the twinkie thread alive by bumping it or anything simple like tha-  Dammit, Jac!  You keep taking my sarcasm brackets!

Grammatically speaking, "try and" is incorrect.  Rather, one would use "try to" if one were trying to be do things the correct way.

You're either trying to make me look bad in front of your sister (which won't work)

Oh, so now you're OK with me working my mojo on your sister.  Well...that sort of takes the fun out of....no, nevermind.  It really doesn't.  :)

or you're trying to protect PK cause you have a crush on her (which is kinda sweet, I guess...).
Isn't that a little... sixth grade? I've come to expect a little more than that from you, man. Really.

Nuh-uh!  And your'e a big doodie head!  So ha!

Is that really the kind of attention you wa-  Nevermind...

It is a little "sixth grade" Jac, but you have to understand, most Oklahoman's can't even complete the5th grade.

So give S6 a brake.

:sign10:

Hey, yeah!  And I even grajeeyated the 8th grade!  I need two hands to count to my senior year!  So gimme a brake.  Or at least some grease for the ones I've got, cause they're noisy....  (BTW, elk, methinks you meant "break", which is a whole 'nother thing.)
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

Jac

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 12:11:00 am »

It's hard being an illiterate wise-ass.
That's one of the funniest things I've read all week! ^_^
--PSM

Jac

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 12:27:12 am »

Grammatically speaking, "try and" is incorrect.  Rather, one would use "try to" if one were trying to be do things the correct way.
Of course, we cannot all be so erudite as the esteemed gentleman from the Midwestern Plains, and I do thank him for elucidating for me the finer points of English grammar.

However, as the man said, "English usage is sometimes more than mere taste, judgment and education -- sometimes it's sheer luck, like getting across the street."

Oh, so now you're OK with me working my mojo on your sister.  Well...that sort of takes the fun out of....no, nevermind.  It really doesn't.  :)Mojo? Is that what you call that... whatever it is you're trying to do?

Nuh-uh!  And your'e a big doodie head!  So ha!
I may be a doodie head, but at least I don't have cooties from playing doctor with MB and bucctoo! :P

Is that really the kind of attention you wa-  Nevermind...
Well, there's a trick to it. I lure them away from the mob one at a time, then turn on my infamous charm before they get a chance to attack. You'd be amazed at how often it works.

Hey, yeah!  And I even grajeeyated the 8th grade!  I need two hands to count to my senior year!  So gimme a brake.  Or at least some grease for the ones I've got, cause they're noisy....  (BTW, elk, methinks you meant "break", which is a whole 'nother thing.)
8th?!? I'm so proud of you, big guy! Maybe one day, if you clean the McDonalds' bathroom hard enough, that education will be your ticket to moving up in the world. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 12:31:13 am by Jac »
--PSM

Jac

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 12:33:23 am »

It's hard being an illiterate wise-ass.
That's one of the funniest things I've read all week! ^_^

Why? What did I mis-spell? *runs to a spell check site*
You didn't misspell (which isn't hyphenated, by the by) a thing. It's just funny. And smart. I like smart humor.
--PSM

Jac

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 12:49:08 am »

Well, there's a trick to it. I lure them away from the mob one at a time, then turn on my infamous charm before they get a chance to attack. You'd be amazed at how often it works.

Yeah...until they find the pepper spray that is.
And that's the trick.

Hey, I said "often", not "all the time".
--PSM
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 44   Go Up