The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fib names revealed on internet  (Read 1281 times)

allat1

Fib names revealed on internet
« on: March 12, 2006, 07:27:42 pm »

Did you just hear the news  about the Fib names - the under cover agents - exposed - A gazillion names with addresses had been listed- and some kind of accident happened that the names were publicized.

I say Good - good!

Bibamufu

Re: Fib names revealed on internet
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2006, 10:10:25 pm »

Have you got a link?

Danl

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2006, 10:18:17 pm »

Yup,  a link would be interesting.......... 
"No oppression was ever overthrown by a bunch of readers  and philosophers. Liberty is usually dirty and bloody work, and if we don't have the option of providing our masters with a real  fight, then they will perennially call our wussy  bluff." Quote from Boston T. Party's Boston's Reply to Critics of "Molon Labe"
http://www.freecolorado.com/2004/02/bostonreply.html

accused

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2006, 01:48:39 am »

link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060311/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/cia_internet

I lived across from Camp Peary in the early 70's, before it was outed. Everybody who lived down that dirt road knew what was going on down there. Strange things indeed, especially at night.  And government officials there were always leaving warnings on doors letting us know the protocol should a child cross onto the base.

allat1

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2006, 10:19:38 am »

I wish I did!  I heard it last night on tv - a review to a news story- they said  "More later" - then I seems to have disappeared.  Been on the lookout since them, but nothing. The story has gone. Poof!

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 12:26:52 pm »

Here's a link to another story:

Internet Blows CIA's Cover

Although the Tribune's initial search for "Central Intelligence Agency" employees turned up only work-related addresses and phone numbers, other Internet-based services provide, usually for a fee but sometimes for free, the home addresses and telephone numbers of U.S. residents, as well as satellite photographs of the locations where they live and work.

Asked how so many personal details of CIA employees had found their way into the public domain, the senior U.S. intelligence official replied that "I don't have a great explanation, quite frankly."

The official noted, however, that the CIA's credo has always been that "individuals are the first person responsible for their cover. If they can't keep their cover, then it's hard for anyone else to keep it. If someone filled out a credit report and put that down, that's just stupid."

Apparently only the second half of the article comes up on this link; trying to link back brings up a registration page, and I'm too busy to bugmenot it right now.  But it sounds fun.

Reason's blog has the following smarmy comment on the article:
The Chicago Tribune tips off CIA Director Porter Goss to some sort of worldwide system of interconnected computer networks the kids are calling Internet:
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up