The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What kinds of things are to be posted here?  (Read 14860 times)

ultralongrunner

What kinds of things are to be posted here?
« on: December 20, 2005, 11:53:34 am »

I've been lurking in this section for a little while and hope to be able to help other writers with their works. 

However, I do wonder if there are any guidelines to what is to be posted. I have a non-fiction work that I'm fiddling with and a mystery. Are these valid articles to be posted for comment?

Thanks,

ultralongrunner

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
Re: What kinds of things are to be posted here?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 12:46:04 pm »

You're about the third person to ask for writers' guidelines in a fairly short time. Maybe I should write up a sticky.

Since its inception, the Writer's Block has existed without rules and without mishap.  Some wonderful material has been posted here that got a lot of attention, and some horrible material has been posted here that wandered unremarked and unlamented into the back pages.  (mostly my poetry.)  So far we're getting along pretty well sans règlement.

Basically, if I can post poetry here without the admins turning my picture to the wall, there's not much you can't do.  It would, of course, be best if your fiction or non-fiction was relevant to the purpose of the board.  But there's no rule that it must be.

Hey!  I can make this a sticky!  Problem solved.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Dan D. Doty

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 10:21:22 am »

Well, since is my first post, this nice to know. :threesome:

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 07:09:46 pm »

:laugh: I should have figure you for a Vogon plant! Freakin' hilarious! Ford, You're turning into a penguin, STOP IT! Ok, I'm done now, just couldn't let an HHGTTG reference go by unsaluted :laugh:
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up