The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: low cost car registration needed  (Read 12137 times)

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
Re: low cost car registration needed
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2006, 05:28:47 pm »

They keep renewing it every 6 months and my tags and license have been out for quite a while now.  They (Allstate) have never said anything about it.

That's a handy thing to know, especially since I use Allstate my own self.  I'm considering not renewing my DL next time around.  It expires in May of 09, if I recall correctly.  To know that my insurance company is unlikely to say anything about it is a nice bit of (forgive the pun) insurance.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

pilgrim

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2006, 09:54:49 pm »

I have a feeling auto insurance is good only for licensed drivers. Anyone know for sure?

NotMe

« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 09:40:01 am »

I have a feeling auto insurance is good only for licensed drivers. Anyone know for sure?

I did not have a license for seven years, and my husbands policy claimed they *had* to cover me also.  When it came time to renew the policy he told them we were seperated (little white lie) and they didn't add me.

I drove all seven years without getting pulled over.  I just didn't worry about it.  But I decided when we put all our vehicles in my name, it was just easier to get a new DL then try and work with an insurance company.

I do know *somebody* <wink> who was pulled over for expired tags and no proof of insurance, and was able to make a good enough copy of an insurance certificate that he took it to court with him as proof.  But he was not brave enough to fake a new registration :rolleyes:

gardenguy

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 10:12:17 am »

I think Indiana is now using a flat plate, as well...

Take a look around, next time you are out driving.  See how many vehicles you can count that have no tags, expired tags, non-working lights, etc...  I now see them everyday, and believe that enforcement of such things is a back burner item for most police departments.  Unless you are actually being dangerous they will ignore you, for the most part.

DISCLAIMER: Your results may vary. 
What ever you do stay away from Elkins AR if your driving a vehicle like that.

gardenguy

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 10:13:58 am »

My neighbor told me that he once started a new night shift and was driving thru that town on  the way to work and they stopped him for no reason other than they did not recognize his truck! The whole town is a speed trap they stop you for driving to close to the white line anything.

yorick

• http://www.friendshuh.com
« Last Edit: November 29, 2006, 09:34:20 am by yorick »

Moleman

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2006, 11:36:33 am »

Pennsylvania here. $50 one time fee to register antique cars-more than 20 yrs old. Onlly allowed to drive it once a week but who's counting. I keep several old clunkers around just for this purpose. Cops are people too, and they enjoy seeing old classics on the road just like everybody else. Never been bothered.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2006, 11:55:51 am »

I once got behind a fellow scrap hauler who was driving a truck who's "tag" was a rectangle of cardboard with the words "BACK OFF" crudely lettered in magic marker. I stayed behind him and ran interference so no JBT could get behind him and see it. I applaud the sentiment, but don't think it would have held up to serious scrutiny by the fuzz. lol Didn't want to see him get in trouble while trying to make a living...
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

freykatt

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 09:23:08 pm »

Hi all, new here, just a guick conformation of Pilgrims post == I personally have Embassy of Heaven plates goin on for 4 years now. Anyone professin to be a Christian should check out the website mentioned by Pilgrim.

vonuvan

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 06:07:59 pm »

"I am on my last DL, which I will let expire without renewal."

There's a lot to be said for standing up for one's right to travel, if you have a high tolerance for extra-judicial persecution by police officer.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up