The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Jury Indicts Winston Ward Johnson  (Read 109682 times)

weaselope

• Provisional
Re: Grand Jury Indicts Winston Ward Johnson
« Reply #135 on: September 30, 2008, 04:05:15 am »

Forgive me for not reading the 9 pages in their entirety...why on earth would you have done that to the attorney?  Is that someone who represented you before?  Fee dispute?  Represented an opponent?  Are you against people having the right to counsel or his selection of clients? 

Assuming you were wronged, why take that approach?  Signboards 3 days a week?  Sorry, I may be new here but this just seems a little nutty.

If you don't read the 9 pages in their entirety then you know not of what you speak.

SJF is defending himself from unscrupulous elected officials in his home county.

Do your homework .... THEN ask questions IF you still have them. TANSTAAFL

Ok, then...done the reading.  So, he thinks that a law cannot be passed banning concealed weapons in courthouses?  Why not?  If there ever were a place to ban concealed weapons that would be it.  The public safety and system integrity issues are obvious.  Why do people here believe that is somehow not a valid law?  And, don't lob a softball back.  I practice law for a living.  So, give me some real analysis, not just "uh, well there is a right to carry arms in teh second amendment." 

Look, I am sure he is a great guy, but this still sounds nutty.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for liberty, think concealed carry should generally be legal everywhere, but certain limitations on that are appropriate and places like courtrooms and courthouses top the list....but I would probably be ordering a psych exam if i were a judge and some dude walked around wearing a signboard 3 days a week over this issue. 

« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:07:56 am by weaselope »

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2008, 08:41:03 am »

Well, I can certainly see that you'd want to ban open or concealed carry in jails, by both prisoners AND guards (the guards' guns can very quickly become the prisoners' guns). But courthouses? No way. It should be encouraged there. Just to make sure that there is plenty of honest fire power whether the prosecution OR the defense gets out of line. Universal bearing of arms keeps courtrooms polite, just as it does for the street. If only the prosecution gets to bear arms, you end up as we have now, with kangaroo courts. The judge should be worried at all times that if he strays from his proper position as umpire of the game, he'll end up with a hole in his chest or swinging from a rope.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2008, 04:48:34 pm »

The judge should be worried at all times that if he strays from his proper position as umpire of the game, he'll end up with a hole in his chest or swinging from a rope.
bah dump bump
As should any politician be concerned if he steps outside the prescribed boundaries of his delegated authority.
That is the reason the anti-federalists included the 2nd amendment. Had nothing to do with hunting or sport shooting.

And, don't lob a softball back.  I practice law for a living.  So, give me some real analysis, not just "uh, well there is a right to carry arms in teh second amendment."

Just curious. Practicing law as you do, what is your perspective on the bill of rights? I ask that because of the way you phrased that softball statement.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

iloilo

« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2008, 04:49:37 pm »

So, weasel, you not only want to deprive an individual of the right to self-defese, but also subject a harmless, peaceful individual to a forced psychiatric examination - captivity and invasive actions - just because you can, under color of law?

How did you end up here???
Wrong turn from the martini bar???
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ff
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 11:08:33 pm by feralfae »

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2008, 06:27:11 pm »

So, he thinks that a law cannot be passed banning concealed weapons in courthouses?  Why not?  If there ever were a place to ban concealed weapons that would be it.  The public safety and system integrity issues are obvious.

Weaselope, consider for a moment that the issues may not be as obvious for all of us as they are for you.  I, for example, have recently spent more time in and out of a county courthouse than I really like.  Each time I have to divest myself, not only of my carry gun, but also of my pocket knife and multitool.  I do this, every time, under the eyes of guards armed with handguns and tasers.

Frankly, I find it insulting.  As L. Neil Smith said, (approximate) "there's no greater insult than to suggest that a person can't be trusted until he's rendered harmless."

It always kind of perplexed me.  Please, enlighten me.  What are the obvious issues I'm missing?
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #140 on: September 30, 2008, 09:17:21 pm »

Forgive me for not reading the 9 pages in their entirety...why on earth would you have done that to the attorney?  Is that someone who represented you before?  Fee dispute?  Represented an opponent?  Are you against people having the right to counsel or his selection of clients? 

Assuming you were wronged, why take that approach?  Signboards 3 days a week?  Sorry, I may be new here but this just seems a little nutty.

If you don't read the 9 pages in their entirety then you know not of what you speak.

SJF is defending himself from unscrupulous elected officials in his home county.

Do your homework .... THEN ask questions IF you still have them. TANSTAAFL

Ok, then...done the reading.  So, he thinks that a law cannot be passed banning concealed weapons in courthouses?  Why not?  If there ever were a place to ban concealed weapons that would be it.  The public safety and system integrity issues are obvious.  Why do people here believe that is somehow not a valid law?  And, don't lob a softball back.  I practice law for a living.  So, give me some real analysis, not just "uh, well there is a right to carry arms in teh second amendment." 

Look, I am sure he is a great guy, but this still sounds nutty.  Don't get me wrong, I am all for liberty, think concealed carry should generally be legal everywhere, but certain limitations on that are appropriate and places like courtrooms and courthouses top the list....but I would probably be ordering a psych exam if i were a judge and some dude walked around wearing a signboard 3 days a week over this issue. 

"A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."
What part of that wording did you not understand ?
Where is the exception for courthouses ?

So the personal exercise of the First Amendment protected Right to free speech and to peaceably assemble and Petition for Redress of Grievances is considered abnormal behavior and warrants an intrusive psych exam.  Hmmm

[ "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."]

Where was SJF's infraction ? Other than the local judge and prosecutors tender feelings .... ?
Now I realize that SJF was publicly wearing a loaded signboard but I still think that he should be allowed to do that as long as he wears pants with it  Right ?

I had No Idea that the First Amendment only works for Two days of the week not three or seven.
I also Completely Forgot that the local Judge is the Arbiter of its interpretation and implementation. 
Silly Me.  Here I was thinking I had all of these Unalienable ["God-Given" or Goddess Granted whatever ....] Rights too numerous to even enumerate simply by being born human.
[Do they even mention the Ninth Amendment in Law School anymore ?]
Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster Goddess that you have Finally arrived to set us all straight on our state allowed privileges er rights.

I await with bated breath your response. Softball is one of my favorites .... bring your own bat ....

So, weasel, you not only want to deprive an individual of the right to self-denfese, but also subject a harmless, peaceful individual to a forced psychiatric examination - captivity and invasive actions - just because you can, under color of law?

How did you end up here???
Wrong turn from the martini bar???
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ff

FF Really ....  Martini's are soooo 90's  :ph34r:
Although a dirty Martini can be pretty tasty once in a great while.
Not having been a large metro indoctrination center in over 25 years I would be guessing at best ....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 09:32:53 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

kentuckyjohnsonsjf

« Reply #141 on: December 08, 2008, 12:07:17 pm »

:ph34r: May I suggest... for your viewing pleasure... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5TCnMnCwVY "Not sitting for the Judge" video... :BangHead: :threesome: :brave: Thanks for the compliment on "the cartoons"... We  :love4: K.J.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 03:05:14 pm by kentuckyjohnsonsjf »

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #142 on: December 12, 2008, 10:42:40 am »

Don't get me wrong, I am all for liberty, think concealed carry should generally be legal everywhere, but certain limitations on that are appropriate and places like courtrooms and courthouses top the list

yup........that's what the pigs say too........
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

kentuckyjohnsonsjf

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2009, 09:37:07 am »

:dnftt: Hello fellow constitutional crusaders and freedom lovers...Just wanted to FYI ya...I've been work'in on another K.J. cartoon, just in time for the new year...To give ya a little teaser :threesome:...It joins K.J. aka "Winston Ward Johnson" (spelled in accordance and to the rules of English grammer) and his fearless yet faithful canine Zues at thee infamous YURT cave. Hidden deep within thee hills and hollers of T(yranny)-ville...BAKING???! YES, I said baking...Fear not, Our hero hasn't gone soft or anything like that...He is mearly making a batch of warm yet tasty pastries... For "corrupt" local law enforcement...to dismay and confuse...to lead astray those whom use their color of office to plunder and do away with his Natural...Inalienable...and Inherent Rights...While he peaceably "signs" his cause... and tells his most grievous plight... :rolleyes: I think its a cool cartoon...It lays out good on paper.I think it would make a cool K.J. t-shirt... As soon as the ink dries... I'll see if Bill will post at the usual sight (http://billstclair.com/suijuris) ...I wish all a HAPPIER New Year!!!! :brave: WE  :wub: K.J.   
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 01:53:38 pm by kentuckyjohnsonsjf »

kentuckyjohnsonsjf

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2009, 12:07:24 pm »

Hey...Just wanted to update you all on the latest K.J. cartoon. :BangHead:The ink has dried and thee "tasty pastries" are baked!!! :threesome: I'll be scanning tomorrow and sendin an email to Bill there after...Thankyou for your patience...As always I hope you all enjoy! :rolleyes: WE  :wub: K.J.

kentuckyjohnsonsjf

« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2009, 09:24:30 am »

Hey Bill St.Clair HEELLLP!!!!... I have the cartoon ready to send you...But It's been so long, I forgot where and how to send it to you...I also have a couple photo's of "K.J. figureen's" that I had made (He's holdin a donut while protesting), I hope you could also post. I was going to email it to the viewing addy but I'm not sure if I could or if you'd get it or not? please email me your current addy. Thankyou...I will patiently await your reply...

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2009, 10:10:53 am »

kentuckyjohnsonsjf sent the images to the forum administrator address, and I got them. Will put them up soon, and post links.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

kentuckyjohnsonsjf

« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2009, 10:34:27 am »

Hey Bill it's me again... :violent1:  I found your email addy :rolleyes:. All you TMMer's out there Thee NEW Kentucky Johnson cartoon is here (KJC042) :BangHead:!!! I sent to Bill as promised...along with a previous mentioned one I did last year (KJC041) and also a new K.J. figurine (he's holdin one ah D'hem tasty pastries) I made outta clay!!!! As usual...(when Bill gets a chance to post) :notworthy: They all can be seen at http://billstclair.com/suijuris/. I hope you all enjoy :threesome:...Live long and CRY  :brave:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:41:00 am by kentuckyjohnsonsjf »

kentuckyjohnsonsjf

« Reply #148 on: February 21, 2009, 01:33:05 pm »

:hello: P.S.....I just sent Bill another K.J. cartoon (KJC040). I also sent a pic of the c.d. jacket and case of disk I told you all about last year...with all 70+ cartoons and K.J. info etc. I asked him to post along with all thee other things...I'm watchin' the count... :lurk: "Patience"... knowin Bill, I'm sure he's a workin' away on 'em...They'll be up soon.   WE  :love4: K.J.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2009, 01:38:29 pm by kentuckyjohnsonsjf »

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up