The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Laws Of Futility (Part One: State Of The Union  (Read 6359 times)

billy-jay

The Laws Of Futility (Part One: State Of The Union
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 04:04:59 pm »

I guess this is kiss George Potter's ass day. No wonder so many have left. The guy is a aggronant fuck. If he were ever speak to me face to face the way he has over in the AR/AS thread I'd rip his arm off and beat him over the head with it!
So, you didn't like the story?

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 03:28:36 am »

Virgil, sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up.

Thanks,
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Tribeless

• http://
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2005, 06:18:14 pm »

You've got my interest George ... are you going to give me a character to like?

For myself, unless I can emphasise with a character, I can't get 'involved' in a plot so well and the reading can seem empty after a while. What about others?

Looking forward to the next installment.

George Potter

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2005, 12:28:27 am »

I'm going to chalk this one up to shooting my mouth off before I'd counted my money.

I'm ending this one now. No, not because of anything anyone said, but because it's a book I can't write. To write this honestly I'd have to set up and bleed to death so many ideas I hold dear. The only one I'd save from it would be cold comfort. To be honest, even writing the outline was depressing.

Not only am I not ready for that, I don't think I have the skill yet to do such a thing and make it work. I'd just sound like a whiner. (see below)*

* Hey, JDW don't think I didn't catch that thread where you were hatin' on Friday.  :angry:  :P

Friday is a book like I was talking about above. Heinlein utterly stomps on the idea of a democratic republic. I didn't find it to be fluff at all. In fact, I've re-read is many times and always find interesting ideas I didn't catch before.

But hell, some people like ATLAS SHRUGGED.  :lol:  

Tribeless

• http://
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2005, 06:48:29 pm »

Pity, but understand that George. That start didn't have the strength of  some of your other  work I've read, vis a vis your short stories. A bit 'too obvious' here: you know, that show verse tell blather ... :)

I think the story telling does suffer the minute a writer concentrates overly on the politics ...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2005, 06:49:38 pm by Tribeless »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up