The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: School Mistakes Huge Burrito for a Weapon  (Read 2636 times)

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
School Mistakes Huge Burrito for a Weapon
« on: April 29, 2005, 10:44:05 pm »

Found at this link...

CLOVIS, N.M. (AP) - A call about a possible weapon at a middle school prompted police to put armed officers on rooftops, close nearby streets and lock down the school. All over a giant burrito. Someone called authorities Thursday after seeing a boy carrying something long and wrapped into Marshall Junior High.

The drama ended two hours later when the suspicious item was identified as a 30-inch burrito filled with steak, guacamole, lettuce, salsa and jalapenos and wrapped inside tin foil and a white T-shirt.

"I didn't know whether to laugh or cry," school Principal Diana Russell said.

Right...

And we're supposed to trust these people with our children?
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2005, 02:17:04 am »

Quite frankly there Roy, these people are afraid of their own fucking shadows and shouldn't be trusted with anything......
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Roy J. Tellason

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2005, 12:34:53 pm »

Quite frankly there Roy, these people are afraid of their own fucking shadows and shouldn't be trusted with anything......
You'll get absolutely no argument from me on that!

And what else is nice is that the subject of us homeschooling all of those grandkids has been brought up,  and not by me. :-)

I think that sometime over the summer we're going to end up having some serious discussion about it...
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Nedda of the Hill

• Stand
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2005, 12:14:10 am »

ROFLMAO!  

a burrito!?!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:angry: DON'T MOVE!  I'VE GOT A BURRITO AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT! :angry:  

good grief...

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2005, 01:50:48 pm »

You know, the fact of the matter is, had they asked this kid what he had, he would have probably quite proudly showed them this "assault burrito" and maybe even offered them a bite, but as usual, the sniveling cowards are so terrified of shadows and the boogeyman that their FIRST response is to call in the hired killers, because they're not equiped to ask a simple question.
But then again, we must remember that these cowards have been brainwashed by yet more cowards into thinking that the hired killers are the answer to any and all issues whether real or imagined........
Funny thing, sooner or later if these people keep crying "wolf" the time will come when nobody will listen.....
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Roy J. Tellason

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2005, 05:30:23 pm »

You know, the fact of the matter is, had they asked this kid what he had, he would have probably quite proudly showed them this "assault burrito" and maybe even offered them a bite, but as usual, the sniveling cowards are so terrified of shadows and the boogeyman that their FIRST response is to call in the hired killers, because they're not equiped to ask a simple question.
But then again, we must remember that these cowards have been brainwashed by yet more cowards into thinking that the hired killers are the answer to any and all issues whether real or imagined........
Funny thing, sooner or later if these people keep crying "wolf" the time will come when nobody will listen.....
Yeah,  but that would require a bit of *common sense*,  a commodity that in that context seems to be in seriously short supply...
--

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2005, 08:39:29 am »

...but as usual, the sniveling cowards are so terrified of shadows and the boogeyman that their FIRST response is to call in the hired killers, because they're not equiped to ask a simple question...
And if one of the hired killers had panicked and shot and killed the boy prior to finding out it was a burrito, the following investigation would have determined the shooter did nothing wrong.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

merlin419

• 57th Overlanders Brigade
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2005, 03:05:47 pm »

Common sense goes right out the window when most of these types of idiots gain a measure of infintile power. If it is longer then their penis it must be a dangerous assault weapon.  
"Shepard Booke use to tell me," If you can't do something smart then do something right" "Jayne Cobb.

RFC member.

"I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the woods with too many guns."  Bob Lee Swagger

Speaker

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2005, 06:28:18 pm »

Post deleted.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 04:13:35 am by Speaker »

debeez

• The Deadly Nightshade
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2005, 04:46:54 pm »

The Darling Boyfriend apparently mentioned this article to several of his coworkers...and at least one felt that the kid "should have known better in this day and age not to bring something that looked like a weapon to school".  

Of course we are smack dab in the middle of the "red" states, so I am finding myself less surprised at idiocy with each day that passes.  

Back in November, after the election, I read some blog by a European that asked, "Are all Americans complete idiots?"  To which, I am afraid, with very few exceptions (like this forum), the answer would have to be "yes".
Christine
Auto-Didact, Writer, and General Malcontent
http://thedeadlynightshade.com/
http://homeschooladvocate.org

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2005, 01:35:39 am »

"should have known better in this day and age not to bring something that looked like a weapon to school".

So what doesn't look like a weapon in this day and age?

This goes back to the old refusal to take responsibility for ones actions, and thus instead of teachers doing their jobs they rely on hired killers to do that which they are unable or unwilling to do themselves.......
like I said.....a simple question could have avoided the sending of the hired killers to local rooftops thus endangering anything and everything within their quite narrow line of sight/thought.
Ultimately though the responsibility for this falls on the principle who supports teachers pissing their pants in public out of fear of doing their job.
If the principle fired those idiots responsible for calling in the hired killers who endangered the lives of each and every student in the school. maybe next time the teacher "might" use their brain for something more than a plug to keep the top of their head from collapsing, and ask the kid what he has........

Of course we are smack dab in the middle of the "red" states, so I am finding myself less surprised at idiocy with each day that passes.

Red, blue........what's the difference?
They're all cowards looking for a free tit to suck on and a bully that they can sic on whoever they feel like today.....
If Red wins the guns get turned against the blue, if blue wins against the red.....but no matter who wins the guns get turned against all of us who refuse to suck uncle sams schwantz in exchange for imaginary safety and security.......

Pages: [1]   Go Up