The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: tired of being an armed tax collector  (Read 76 times)

jamie

tired of being an armed tax collector
« on: May 06, 2019, 01:01:50 am »

I am posting this because I've never seen anything specifically like this nor did I know about the NMA.  It is known that ticket quotas exist and that it's all about the money. The entire system is a business.  Having someone involved in the scam say so is interesting.  No reference or comment intended to the helping people part. That is, as they say, outside the scope of this post.

https://teejaw.com/officer-frank-tired-of-being-an-armed-tax-collector/#comments

Editor’s Note: Over the years, the NMA has received occasional contact from law enforcement officers who have complained about department policies, sometimes crafted to avoid direct violation of state anti-ticket-quota laws, which force officers to write a predetermined number of citations during each work shift. The following commentary recently submitted to us by “Officer Frank” is perhaps the most heartfelt and eloquent that we have seen on the topic. These are his words, altered only to protect his identity and location.

My city has a small police department consisting of less than 50 commissioned officers. The population is under 50,000 surrounded by several hundred thousand more within commuting distance. A large portion of low-income minorities lives within the land-locked city limits

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
Re: tired of being an armed tax collector
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 07:47:03 pm »

That's interesting jamie. I wish all LEO's would come to their senses and become "Peace Officers" again.
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
Re: tired of being an armed tax collector
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2019, 02:32:42 pm »

I did not know the NMA existed, but if I ever get any money I'd be happy to join and support them.
It is refreshing to see a cop speak out about this particularly objectionable practice by the "authorities".  My hope is that other officers will also find ways to spread the consciousness.

Governments, on any level, always behave in predictable ways. And they always try to justify their tyranny, their authoritarianism, by claiming it's for the good of the many.
Unsightly things in our "free" world are coming to the surface at a rapid rate.

Thanks for posting this!
Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up