The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hijack this thread!  (Read 95610 times)

casca-503

Re: Hijack this thread!
« Reply #645 on: April 22, 2019, 10:18:04 pm »

Elias,   sadly   have   to   disagree....think   most   dems / dums /   do   know   they   are   lying....they   work   on  premmise   that  if   you   tell   a  lie   enough   times   &   loud   enough   it   will   be   believed   by   many   sheapple....they   don't   need   everyone   to   believe   /   only   most   of   the   gullible....my    $.05   worth   /   anyone   can   disagree   if   they   like....

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #646 on: April 23, 2019, 01:40:50 am »

Elias,   sadly   have   to   disagree....think   most   dems / dums /   do   know   they   are   lying....they   work   on  premmise   that  if   you   tell   a  lie   enough   times   &   loud   enough   it   will   be   believed   by   many   sheapple....they   don't   need   everyone   to   believe   /   only   most   of   the   gullible....my    $.05   worth   /   anyone   can   disagree   if   they   like....

Well, here is an example of speaking in generalities, or "painting with a broad brush".  We simply cannot make definite statements about an undefined and indefinite collective.

You have the Leaders, and you have the followers. The leaders themselves know they are promoting a lie, and do so just as you said -- repeating it endlessly until enough sheeple believe it. 

But the Followers are programmed, conditioned, trained, Feducated, pressured, induced, convinced, persuaded, tricked into believing the lies of their Leaders. They have their own normalcy bias, their own views of the blessings of big government, all of which are full of errors, but they do not know how erroneous their views are, because they've been mind-controlled / hypnotized since early childhood or soon thereafter.

Salute!
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

mouse

« Reply #647 on: April 23, 2019, 09:00:28 am »

Sorry, Elias, I've also got to disagree.  I think you are being too kind and "excusing" liberals by saying that they may be lying, but it is not their fault, they don't realise that they are repeating lies due to brainwashing and indoctrination.

I think that most (I guess not all, as that really would be generalising) liberals/democrats fully realise that they are lying all the time.  They feel justified in their minds in doing so because they have the sanction of politicians urging them on.  I realised this a few weeks ago when the Jussie Smollet case was big news. And some "celebrity" or other, or CNN journalist (can't remember now) was commenting on it (in the early stages just after it was revealed to be a hoax).  He/she (can't even remember now whether it was a "he" or a "she") said that he/she had desperately wanted, needed, it all to be true and for Jussie Smollet to have been accosted by two white MAGA hat wearing thugs who were waiting on a freezing sub zero Chicago street in the early hours of the morning, armed with a hangman's noose and a bottle of bleach, for a gay black man to walk by so they could jump out at him shouting about "MAGA country" and "modern day lynch" him and couldn't believe their luck when the first gay black man to come strolling by was an actor in an uber-liberal soap opera that being MAGA supporters, they were terribly familiar with.  Oh and he fought back gallantly but the hate crime was still perpetrated.  (Sorry, just couldn't resist  saying that).

Anyway, I think the average liberal/dem. has convinced himself that he is on a moral crusade, that there is no more higher calling than to lie for "the good of the people".  The thinking is - and this includes leaders and followers - that lying is "NECESSARY".  They think that they have to win people over to "their side at all costs" and if that "cost" is lying, then lying is really a very good thing and they a morally right to lie all the time.

Alexandria Ocasio Cortez summed it up when she famously said "people are too hung up on being factually correct but it is more important to be morally right" (or words to that effect).  They actually think, in cases where they are professors at universities or teachers at schools, that they are doing their students a favour by lying to them as it will shape them to believe in what is "morally right" and the "common good".
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44]   Go Up