The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Plane spotters expose top secret UK spyplane off Russia, post online  (Read 762 times)

mouse

This is just .... well .... funny, words like "top secret" and "spyplane" belong in "secret squirrel" cartoons anyway.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4459044/Plane-spotters-2-99-app-expose-secret-UK-spy-plane.html

A top-secret British spy plane was tracked using a £2.99 mobile phone app as it flew on a daring mission to eavesdrop on Vladimir Putinís air defences.
The £650 million RAF aircraft, called Rivet Joint, could be seen at 27,000ft as it tried to gather intelligence about a heavily defended Russian base on the Baltic Sea.
A minute-by-minute record of the highly classified mission to study the Kaliningrad naval air base was watched by hundreds of thousands of people on the internet, and details were shared on Twitter.

snip

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM

Pretty cool that a phone ap can do this. Just imagine how much more the Russian Intelligence community could see/hear.
It all puts me in mind of something a dude once taught me before I moved out of Georgia into Montana. He said, "Hyperlinks subvert Hierarchy".

Reckon phone aps will someday outrun the NSA or NRO? ;)

Salute!
Elias

"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up