Arts & Liberties > Books & literature

Women First Men Last

(1/1)

S. Jester:
Those who been following my post lately know that I've been reading and watching about Men's issues. All for good reasons.

Today I'm writing about a book that can be gotten only in electronic format only, mainly Kindle from Amazon. Why? The author actually tried to go the traditional route of getting his book published and into the bookstore. Why was he not successful? It seems that most, if not all, editors and publishing executives are now women. A book about men's issues not being wanted by the publishing houses, gee, I wonder why.

Here's the book: "Women First, Men Last" by Steven Adams

https://www.amazon.com/Women-First-Men-Last-Devastating-ebook/dp/B0040ZNRYC/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1475949762&sr=1-1&keywords=Women+first+men+last

Those who followed my previous posts know that I've written about Warren Farrell's book "The Myth of Male Power" and Helen Smith's book "Men on Strike". After reading "Women First, Men Last" I realize that the other books often don't go far enough. Adams shows more the effects and historical events and issues that men went through.

One thing you will realize when you read this book, I found the book to be a bit angry, if that, but I also think it's a good anger. Any women that read this book, may think this book is too angry. I don't think that's the main reason why this book was rejected by the regular publishing houses. The author is not anti-women, he just anti-feminism.

After all my "research", I have come to the conclusion that there are two feminism. The one before the 1960s, when there were legitimate gripes to fight about, and then there's the 1960s and on, that went far beyond what they needed for equality. Apparently when they found that in some areas, equality would cost women, so they pursued what it now known as favorism. This is what I, and many men, have come to find as the damaging one.

Again, I feel that I have to warn that I am not against women. I think they should have the same freedom to do what they want, alongside the men. I just wished they weren't taking men down in the pursuit of raising themselves up. If you think I'm kidding, then take a look at the Blatant Feminist thread I started in General Discussion.

https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?topic=35955.0

This book has a lot the other two book I mentioned don't have. This book, along with the other two, will give a good coverage about what's going on about the relationship between the men and women.

I also strongly recommend this book. Especially in conjunction with the other two.

S.

Taylor Kalashnikov:
 I read men on strike recently and found it to be a good read, although I was pretty familiar with all its premises

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version