The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Woman dials suicide hotline, get TASERed by police  (Read 5970 times)

Astra

Woman dials suicide hotline, get TASERed by police
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2005, 08:58:37 am »

Bryon,

From your last few posts, it sounds like you support initiating the use of force against people, so long as you believe they are not mentally healthy, and you believe the force is "for their own good". Am I understanding you correctly?

byron

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2005, 09:34:34 am »

No I am not supporting the initiating of force against people whether they are mentally incompetent or sane. And you, David,  or anybody reading such into what I state show your ignorance of the laws as they actually are. So don't shoot the messenger.

If one wants to kill themselves, go right ahead...more power to you. But understand that if one expresses the desire, to others in the system's authority,  to kill themselves, then the laws are set up to stop them from doing so. That's the way the system works. Personally, I don't give a damn what people do as long as it does not cause me damage. (Although, I wish people who want to kill themselves would accept help, or just go disappear to do it and not cause pain to those they leave behind)

If one does not understand how the system works, how  will one deal with it when and if the system comes knocking on their door? The woman most likely knew very well how the system works. It most likely supports her career dumb ass.

The woman initiated the phone call asking for intervention. Those who came to her door, were met with violence initiated by the woman.

She did not want to kill herself. She wanted an audience or she wanted somebody else to kill her. Typical of the sheep victim mentality in this country...."love me...kill me...beat me...fuk me...make me write hot checks...just validate me"

Believe it or not....I am in the choir.

Tin-Man

• Expat.
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2005, 06:01:03 pm »

I'm still not seeing where "help" was necessarily asked for.  The woman just called a hotline.  People normally do that to talk to a person that they perceive as understanding them.  I've known people who had suicidal tendencies, and they did just that.  They would get really low and think about snuffing it.  They would (sometimes and hopefully) call a friend or, if no friend was readily available, call a hotline.  Then they'd talk for a little while, calm down, and feel better.  Maybe byron is right and this woman was playing games or attempting suicide-by-cop.  I don't know.  But neither does anybody else here, and until I do know, I will not say something like

I have no problem with the cop tasering her.

But that's just me.
...when it comes to mass murder the worst individual monster in the world is a gnat compared with even a relatively benign state.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

NuclearDruid

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2005, 09:27:41 am »

Yet another TASER case from the Suicide Hotline
Suicidal woman disarmed

Spring Valley police subdued a 53-year-old woman with a Taser yesterday to prevent her from killing herself, Lt. Paul Modica said.

The woman called the Robert L. Yeager Health Complex in Ramapo yesterday morning and said she was going to harm herself because she was being evicted from her North Main Street apartment, county Sheriff's Detective Lt. Louis Falco said.

Spring Valley police and the county sheriff's civil deputies responded around 9:45 a.m. They found the woman sitting on her living-room couch with a shotgun to her head, Falco said.

A Spring Valley police officer began talking with the woman to try to encourage her to put down the gun while police surrounded the building and evacuated residents from the 11 remaining apartments.

Police then used a Taser device on her and put her in handcuffs, Falco said. As they hit her with the Taser, the shotgun she was holding fired once, but no one was hurt.

I'm assuming that they TASERed her as she was putting the gun down. I'd call it risky if she still had it pointed at her head. Hell, it was still risky if she had her finger on the trigger no matter what direction it ws pointed in.

The Rockland County District Attorney's Office is determining whether the woman will be criminally charged, he said.

That goes without saying. She'll be charged with attempted assault on an LEO.

ND

"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up