The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New knife  (Read 1162 times)

lazarus_long

New knife
« on: May 04, 2016, 12:40:45 pm »

Whata friend. He knew I was looking for a fixed single-edge blade somewhere from a Kbar to a bowie. I ain't too picky. He found this at a shop that was going out of business and bought it for all the cash he had in his pockets. A whole 69 cents. Yes! 69 pennies! (He was a regular customer). It's a Cattaraugus 225Q. A little rough but that's fine. It's solid and feels good.

I've been researching it and the handles were made from ringed leather so I'm trying to figure this one out - it looks like maybe it was an aftermarket product since it fits and looks too perfect. Any help appreciated on identifying.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Re: New knife
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 09:09:31 pm »

I don't know much but IRRC Cattaraugus is a company out of New York State.

DL (Diablo Loco) might know more about the company and the knife. That's his AO.
You might want to get an admin to move this to Guns and Gear where more of the gear geeks hang.

Nice find for literally pocket change. :thumbsup:
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2016, 05:08:38 am »

I'll move it if lazarus_long wants it moved.  Thought about it when I first saw it, but I'll leave it up to LL. :)
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2016, 05:35:36 am »

I don't know much but IRRC Cattaraugus is a company out of New York State.

DL (Diablo Loco) might know more about the company and the knife. That's his AO.
You might want to get an admin to move this to Guns and Gear where more of the gear geeks hang.

Nice find for literally pocket change. :thumbsup:
Never heard of it. I do know that most guns/knives were made in upstate NY years ago. Most have closed shop or moved out of state.

As I often say- NY is no longer the Empire State. It is now the VAMPIRE State. Sucking the life-blood out of it's constituents.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2016, 05:37:17 am by DiabloLoco »

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 08:56:20 pm »

If IRC my Dad had one of these knives.
I found these entries on Ixquick even on my slow as molasses dial up connection.
Note the one marked in bold.

Cattaraugus Cutlery Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cattaraugus_Cutlery_Company

The Cattaraugus Cutlery Company began as the New York distribution company J.B.F. ... Admiral Byrd selected Cattaraugus knives to take on his expedition to the South Pole. Over time, the Case family separated from Cattaraugus to form ...

xxxxx
Cattaraugus Knife Reference Guide - All About Pocket Knives    www.allaboutpocketknives.com/content/knife-manufacturer-specific-research/cattaraugus-knife-reference-guide/

Cattaraugus' knives listed by pattern number, This link lists most of The company's knife patterns by their factory pattern number, shows a picture, and gives each ...

xxxxxx
Cattaraugus knives
    https://www.allaboutpocketknives.com/aapk_stores/index.php?category=56

Cattaraugus knives for sale.

xxxxxx
cattaraugus knives - jays knives
www.jaysknives.com/cattaraugus.htm
    Minnesota based American Edge offering high quality cattaraugus knives.

xxxxxx
Original WW II US Edged Weapons     www.ebay.com/sch/Original-WW-II-US-Edged-Weapons/4719/bn_3134459/i.html

Shop from the world's largest selection and best deals for Original WW II US Edged Weapons. Shop with confidence on eBay!

xxxxxx This link has several with photos and at various prices
Cattaraugus 225Q - Used.forsale
  www.used.forsale/cattaraugus-225q

Cattaraugus 225q for sale: WW2 ORIGINAL CATTARAUGUS 225Q KNIFE AND SHEATH : 26 $ | Vintage Cattaraugus Mod. 225Q combat style knife with ...

xxxxxx
Cattaraugus Cutlery Co. - Knife World Publications
www.knifeworld.com/catcutco.html

After a sag in values resulting from many old "Catt" parts knives hitting the market in the mid-1970s, Cattaraugus knives have been on a long climb back up, and ...

xxxxxx
Previously Sold Knives | Cutting Edge - cuttingedge.com | Cutting ...
www.cuttingedge.com/knives/previously_sold

18 records ... Previously Sold Knives. It's all about finding that perfect knife. Knife Type, Fixed Blade, Folder, Misc, FOLDER, MISC. Maker, A.G. Russell, A.G. ...

xxxxxx
Vintage Cutlery & Knives Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/c/vintage/home-and-living/kitchen-and-dining/cookware/cutlery-and-knives
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: [1]   Go Up