The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New arms race threatens to bring Russia & US back to nuclear brink  (Read 1357 times)

mouse

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joe-cirincione/arms-race-us-russia-nuclear_b_8557526.html

Former US Defense Secretary Bill Perry: "far from continuing nuclear disarmament ... we are starting a new nuclear arms race."
The horror and reactions to the Paris massacre have overshadowed a troubling new twist in the U.S.-Russian rivalry that could prove even more terrifying. Russian state media recently "accidentally" revealed plans for a bizarre new nuclear torpedo.
More of an underwater drone, it is designed to swim 6,000 miles -- enough to span the oceans underwater just as long-range missiles do in the air.

It would detonate a huge warhead, a hydrogen bomb equal to a million tons of TNT or more but "salted" with special metals to vastly increase the amount of radiation it would pour into a U.S. port city.

snip

The U.S. is rearming as well.
First up, the U.S. will deploy almost 200 new nuclear bombs in Europe.
The U.S. Navy is developing 12 new submarines to prowl the world's oceans, carrying over 1,000 warheads on missiles that can hit any spot on earth.
The U.S. Air Force is developing a new strategic bomber and wants 1,000 new cruise missiles to go with them, plus a new fleet of almost 650 intercontinental ballistic missiles.

TheWart

• Walk, eventually you'll find me
Re: New arms race threatens to bring Russia & US back to nuclear brink
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 11:42:12 pm »

Ohhh great.
"We must learn to treat the...dictator in our midst...with the weapon of ridicule." --> Proudly doing this
"A good :spam1: detector should be instilled upon every young child at an early age." - Me

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 08:06:21 pm »

Well fuck.  :panic:
“If I survive, I will  spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that no one is denied bread  and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not  bring flour.” ~Jose Marti

“Write in such a way as  that you can be readily understood by both the young and the old, by men  as well as women, even by children.” ~Ho Chi Minh

Splash22

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 08:26:17 pm »

"arms race?".......... who wins?
~S
Pages: [1]   Go Up