The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Choking Son TASERed 16 Times  (Read 5385 times)

NuclearDruid

Choking Son TASERed 16 Times
« on: March 07, 2005, 09:21:14 am »

Police Shoot Choking IN Teen With Taser 16 Times

Portage police responded to a call at Wring's friend's home that someone was choking. Reports say Wring was acting strangely and became aggressive, so after a warning, police shocked him.

I wonder what the LEO's in question defined as "aggressive"?

Wring was hospitalized for three days. Toxicology reports say he hadn't taken drugs and doctors determined his strange behavior was caused by choking.

Well Deputy Fife, I guess the young man really was choking. :blink: (Must'a been the salad, I here that's going around.)

Wring is charged with resisting arrest and possession of paraphernalia.

Choking is resisting arrest now? As for the paraphenalia charge he got off easy. I'm sure if they'd looked under the kitchen counter or out in the garage they could have gotten him on possesion of bomb making materials. <_<

Sherry Davis plans to file a lawsuit seeking unspecified damages.

You go Mom!

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Delos

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 01:10:52 pm »

When the format changes are instituted on these forums, I guess a dedicated TASER board is a reasonable consideration!

Sad, huh?

Shun a cop today!

NuclearDruid

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 10:17:32 am »

When the format changes are instituted on these forums, I guess a dedicated TASER board is a reasonable consideration!

Sad, huh?

Shun a cop today!
I think a "Police State" board would be broad enough to cover these and other outrages.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

ultralongrunner

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2005, 01:18:48 pm »

Police Shoot Choking IN Teen With Taser 16 Times

Portage police responded to a call at Wring's friend's home that someone was choking. Reports say Wring was acting strangely and became aggressive, so after a warning, police shocked him.

I wonder what the LEO's in question defined as "aggressive"?

I had a 90 year old lady beat the crap out of me the other night before I got her intubated.  She was so deprived of oxygen that she didn't know what the heck was happening.  Hypoxic people don't act the same and can't be treated like your usual street mutt.

Luckily, I got there first other wise she would have been tasered....

ultralongrunner

Bobaloo

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2005, 02:49:09 pm »

I had a 90 year old lady beat the crap out of me the other night before I got her intubated.  She was so deprived of oxygen that she didn't know what the heck was happening.  Hypoxic people don't act the same and can't be treated like your usual street mutt.

Luckily, I got there first other wise she would have been tasered....

ultralongrunner
It seems that a common thread amongst a lot of these police abuses is that the cop isn't tasering someone to prevent a crime, or to protect someone, but to assert control.  I'm sure similar scenarios play out with deaf people, or people who don't understand English well.  What's particularly bad about this story is that the cop was there because of a report that someone was choking.  Why was a cop there anyway?  He obviously wasn't there to give first aid.  Does calling for medical help, or reporting a fire, automatically mean you might get tasered or worse when the cops show up first?  Sounds like an excellent reason to never dial 911.

pinetreefarm

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 04:07:47 pm »

I would never call 911 in a real emergency anyway.  My daughter called me and 911 when my mother fainted. I was about a block away from the hospital . It took me 5 minutes to get there including stopping for a red light when the EM's took 15 minutes. My mother died.

Pine Tree Farm

Loxosceles_Reclusa

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 05:06:05 pm »

I would never call 911 in a real emergency anyway.  My daughter called me and 911 when my mother fainted. I was about a block away from the hospital . It took me 5 minutes to get there including stopping for a red light when the EM's took 15 minutes. My mother died.

Pine Tree Farm
 I'm sorry. :(

Lox

motherbatherick

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2005, 06:07:32 pm »

Tried to read the story, got this instead:
Our apologies.
 Email to a Friend  Printer Friendly Version   

You have reached a page that is currently unavailable. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please use your browser's BACK button to return to the previous page.

If'n I didn't know no better, I'd say this story got a little more attention than the jabuts were comfy with.  <Waylon Jennings voiceover>'Yessir.  Right about now, Bo and Luke figured they was in a whole mess o' trouble.'

Tin-Man

• Expat.
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2005, 06:35:02 pm »

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 12:41:05 pm by Tin-Man »
...when it comes to mass murder the worst individual monster in the world is a gnat compared with even a relatively benign state.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Astra

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2005, 10:13:56 pm »

Thanks to Google News, here are some other links for the story: One, Two.

ultralongrunner

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2005, 10:42:28 am »

I'm sure similar scenarios play out with deaf people, or people who don't understand English well.  What's particularly bad about this story is that the cop was there because of a report that someone was choking.  Why was a cop there anyway?  He obviously wasn't there to give first aid.  Does calling for medical help, or reporting a fire, automatically mean you might get tasered or worse when the cops show up first?  Sounds like an excellent reason to never dial 911.
Depends on the town. Where I work, you never can get a cop when you need one.  The next town over, they send a cop to every EMS call--and its generally a good thing, they don't carry tasers and are willing to help.  

When I had to call a rig for my wife having a stroke, I dialed the work number directly and had them page out the fire department for lifting help.  I don't dial 911 even though I'm a fire fighter and a paramedic...

ultralongrunner

ultralongrunner

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2005, 10:43:52 am »

Pine Tree Farm
I'm sorry this happened.

ultralongrunner

ultralongrunner

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 10:46:08 am »

The only time 911 has been called from my home (and I did NOT do the calling) it took the cops 45 minutes to get there.    At the time we lived about two miles from the police station.
I've thought about it and will probably just call the police business number to tell them to come collect the body of the burgler I just shot before he stains the carpet too badly.

ultralongrunner  

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2005, 11:34:11 pm »

I've thought about it and will probably just call the police business number to tell them to come collect the body of the burgler I just shot before he stains the carpet too badly.

ultralongrunner
Why would you want to draw undue attention and a possible criminal charge upon your self?  
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Loxosceles_Reclusa

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2005, 11:49:04 pm »

I would never call 911 in a real emergency anyway.  My daughter called me and 911 when my mother fainted. I was about a block away from the hospital . It took me 5 minutes to get there including stopping for a red light when the EM's took 15 minutes. My mother died.

Pine Tree Farm
I'm sorry this happened.

ultralongrunner

I'm sorry about your wife, Ultralongrunner. I hope she's doing okay now. The wife of a good friend of mine, on another, unrelated message board suffered a really severe stroke as a complication of open heart surgery in the summer of 2001, and she's been seriously (totally, really) disabled ever since. It has sucked in a big way. :(

Lox
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up