The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 65 lb., 13 yo girl tasered  (Read 2992 times)

Alchemist

65 lb., 13 yo girl tasered
« on: March 06, 2005, 11:29:39 am »

q
« Last Edit: November 05, 2015, 10:28:03 pm by Alchemist »

Jack Boone

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2005, 11:50:21 am »

Would we be better off if we quit calling them tasers?  Cattle prods might make a point.

Jack Boone

dervish

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2005, 11:53:22 am »

What is it with Florida?  They're doing this all the time.  

I wonder if they'd believe someone, a private citizen, who tased an old woman in a walker when they said, "She was hobbling right at me!  She was going to hit me with her walker, I know it!  So I just tased her before it got that far!"

Would the cops buy it?  I don't know which would be worse.... their not buying it (which means they know very well it's not needed) or they do (they really feel threatened by paraplegics, children, and the elderly).

Had to love how the article ended, too.  "Better alternative to guns."  Are they saying that without tasers, the girl would've been SHOT?   :o

Alpha: "We could end this quickly, if you'd only listen to my advice."

Obi-Wan: "We are not assassinating every surviving political leader on this planet."

— Alpha and Obi-Wan Kenobi discuss options on Jabiim

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2005, 04:25:13 pm »

The 65-pound girl was handcuffed in the back of a patrol car Feb. 7 when she was shocked twice with a 50,000-volt Taser, according to a Sheriff's Office report. . . ."

Contrary to what you see on the tv,  not everybody is going to turn all meek and placid once you get a hold of them and slap them cuffs on,  just like not everybody is just gonna fall down when you shoot them,  or do everything you say just because you point a gun at them.

About time those that pull this sort of crap on people came to this realization,  I guess.  Maybe they've been watching too much tv or something.

Here's the good part:

"An officer attempted to subdue the girl with a neck lock, but was unable to get control of her."

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.  Any police officer who cannot calm down or control a 65 lb. girl without hurting himself or the girl should find another line of work better suited to his abilities.  Any adult male who cannot should avoid any dealings with children, machinery, firearms, or sharp objects.

Yeah.
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 04:29:35 pm »

What is it with Florida?  They're doing this all the time. 

Not just there,  though there sure does seem to be a lot of this stuff happening there.  I remember some incidents being reported in Ohio,  too.  And maybe other places,  we just haven't heard that much about 'em.

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe we need something of our own version of a "red-blue" map,  where we delineate areas where all this sort of crap goes on (as well as other things) and what areas might be relatively safe to travel through.  I know I don't care too much for the idea of traveling through Ohio,  for one thing.

Hey,  maybe that's the start of another thread...
Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin
Pages: [1]   Go Up