The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: After Walter Scott's shooting, bureaucrats scramble to "appease" to avoid riots  (Read 4507 times)

mouse

"Body cameras".  I really don't know if this is a good idea or not, but my first thought is "so body cameras can be turned off, and it is remarkable how many times the camera is 'mysteriously not working' or 'it must have been turned off', or something like that".  And this does not address the basic problem of arrogant and psychopathic police killing people, if they want to kill people - which it seems that they do want to, all the time - then "body cameras" (or just one more expense that is to be paid for out of "taxes") is not going to make any difference.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/americas/67675012/after-walter-scotts-shooting-urgent-promises-aim-to-avoid-another-ferguson

City officials in a US city rocked by a graphic video showing a white officer fatally shooting an unarmed black man in the back are promising to outfit the entire police department with body cameras in a bid to defuse racial tension.

Their attempts to reassure the public came as footage of the incident in North Charleston, South Carolina, was replaying endlessly online and on US cable news, and they showed how urgently authorities are trying to avoid frenzied protests like those seen in Ferguson, Missouri, last summer.

"The community is very angry about it, so it is important to calm the community before things get out of hand," said James Johnson, president of the local chapter of the civil rights group National Action Network. "We don't want another Ferguson here."

snip

mouse

I'm just wondering if "body cameras" will make any difference to cases like the following (found in about 30 seconds, they're that numerous):

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/update-pregnant-woman-beat-police-officer-investigation/

Quinlan, TX– New details are emerging about the horrifying video we reported on Monday showing a 38-week pregnant woman being viciously assaulted by a Hunt County Sheriff deputy.

Since the video of the March 4th incident has gone viral, the woman has been identified as Deanna Robinson, a 38-year-old decorated Air Force Veteran who once received the Airman’s Medal- the highest honor in the Air Force, after she helped drag soldiers from a burning plane in Iraq.

snip

Or:  http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cops-shoot-14-year-old-boy-front-multiple-cameras-rule-death-suicide/

Chicago, IL — 14-year-old Pedro Rios was walking down the street on the night of July 4th, 2014 when he crossed paths with a Chicago police cruiser.

According to reports, police spotted an object protruding from the boy’s waistband. When officers tried to question Rios, he reached for what turned out to be a .44 Magnum revolver, they said.

Police opened fire. Rios was pronounced dead at 10:07 p.m. on the scene, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s Office.

However, an autopsy would later reveal that the two wounds were in the boys back, with an upward trajectory; suggesting that the boy was lying face down on the ground when he was killed.

snip

or http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=50342

snip
 Doug’s Harley rolled over him, causing significant injuries from which he has largely recovered. Chellus, however, was thrown head-first to the pavement, resulting in traumatic brain injury that may leave her permanently disabled.

According to Boise County Sheriff Ben Roeber, David Lee – whose actions caused the accident -- is still a reserve deputy. He has been cited for unsafe operation of an emergency vehicle, a violation that carries a $40 fine.

Doug Towell has been charged with Aggravated Driving under the Influence, a felony that carries a potential prison sentence of 15 years in prison.

The work of official fiction composed by the Boise County Prosecuting Attorney claims that Doug, while operating his Harley in an impaired state, caused “great bodily harm [and] permanent disability” to his wife Chellus.

The proximate cause of that nearly fatal crash was the culpable negligence of an opportunistic reserve deputy employed by a county government that is ravenous for revenue. Nothing in Doug Towell’s bloodstream contributed to Deputy Lee’s misconduct, and Deputy Lee’s comrades have no legal right to use the results of the blood analysis performed in the emergency room.

snip

Stories like these are just everywhere at the moment.  This desperately needs to be addressed, not empty words from bureaucrats.

sovereignbastard

The body cameras are not for our protection, rather the officer's protection. He who holds the footage, gets to show or not show. Gets to edit to their benefit. The body cameras, which we are all being extorted to pay for, are being used to incriminate us further with things that are not even crimes. People will continue to clamor for more video cameras, less privacy, more saviors in uniform. All the while, it's part of the NWO's plan to strip every last drop of decency away from us mere slaves.

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.

The body cameras are not for our protection, rather the officer's protection. He who holds the footage, gets to show or not show. Gets to edit to their benefit. The body cameras, which we are all being extorted to pay for, are being used to incriminate us further with things that are not even crimes. People will continue to clamor for more video cameras, less privacy, more saviors in uniform. All the while, it's part of the NWO's plan to strip every last drop of decency away from us mere slaves.

I've seen this before.  I don't buy it.  Last time I was a kid, and it only took the SOUND of a gunshot (which turned out to be something else) to set off massive riots which resulted in half of eastern europe going up in flames.  Some of it was staged, but the outrage and bloodshed was nothing if not real.  These cocksuckers are playing with fire, and I can't wait to see them get burned.  I might even cheer.  Deferred consequences have earned a lot of interest.  That lump sum due is gonna be hell to pay.

And as much fun it'll be to watch the "unwashed hordes" wipe out our overlords' thugs... those of you who are thinkers, stay your heads calm and keep a cool watch about.  I wager more than a bottle of maple whiskey that something else is going to go down during the bloodshed which these bastards are clearly trying to trigger.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom

The only appeasement necessary here is an indictment from a grand jury, a conviction from a jury, and throwing the perp into gen pop for some real justice. Too bad crucifixion is off the table, though.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

sovereignbastard

I disagree with the whole throw em to the dogs argument of justice. All that is being allowed to happen is for other people to continue to commit crimes. Real crimes. Beatings, assualt, rape, these are "real" crimes. I'd rather see the murderer hung, beheaded, etc... I see justice as doling out the "proper" punishment to fit a "real" crime. Of course this is my morality and my beliefs, and I'm not gonna hold my breath for the world to start revolving around my "correct" assumptions on life.

Who...me?

• Moderator Group

I agree. I am all for the public access channel showing live hangings.  Starting with the elected officials in Washington and working down through the corruption to the city level.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

sovereignbastard

I agree. I am all for the public access channel showing live hangings.  Starting with the elected officials in Washington and working down through the corruption to the city level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDO6HV6xTmI

mouse

Actually I see nothing to be gained at all by "throwing the perp into jail" (be the "perp." a policeman, or whoever).  The only thing that this serves is THE DESIRE FOR REVENGE, which is a very empty, meaningless thing.  If cops who kill or beat up people, hiding behind their badges as "justification" were routinely jailed, this MAY serve to be a "disincentive" for other cops to do the same thing and make them more aware of consequences for their actions, or it MAY have the opposite effect and just make cops more angry and so kill more people or just plain make sure that there is no evidence of what they have done.  However, the consequence is still the same for the victim, pain or death, and jailing the perpetrator of that (i.e. the cop) will make no difference to either the victim or his family.

There has to be a way of making sure that these things do not happen in the first place, and the only way to do that is to have mandatory psychiatric evaluations of all applicants for the police, repeated every year for their entire "career" (OK I realise that that would mean that no one "got through", as the desire to wear a costume and push people around should automatically "raise red flags" psychiatrically, but maybe that a way of getting rid of this horrible system).

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom

Until we get people unused to the idea of imposed authority, the abuses will continue. There shouldn't be any concept of police.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

mouse

Until we get people unused to the idea of imposed authority, the abuses will continue. There shouldn't be any concept of police.

+1  :thumbsup:

mouse

More on this:

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2015/04/south-carolina-cops-confiscated-camera-from-walter-scotts-brother-after-shooting/

South Carolina Cops Confiscated Camera From Walter Scott’s Brother for Photographing Body After Shooting

In the moments after a South Carolina cop killed Walter Scott by shooting him in the back, police surrounded his brother and confiscated his phone because he began taking photograph’s of the body.

But by then, it was too late because another man had already video recorded the actual shooting, which contradicted Slager’s account of the events, leading to Slager being arrested for murder.

However, the behavior of the North Charleston police officers in seizing a phone from Scott’s brother simply because he was photographing the crime scene indicates they were trying their best to coverup for their fellow officer.

snip

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom

I didn't propose throwing the perp in gen pop because I think he should go to prison. I think it would be an appropriate form of execution.

mouse

I didn't propose throwing the perp in gen pop because I think he should go to prison. I think it would be an appropriate form of execution.

Oh, Ok, I see that now.  It makes quite a difference to what I thought you were saying, sorry for misinterpreting it.

Though "execution", yeah, I'm kind of in "two minds" about this.  I am ABSOLUTELY against "public execution" (meaning not necessarily "in public", but "public funded" and carried out by government lackies) because it is giving power over life or death to governments, and I believe that someone's "victim" is the only one entitled to carry out an execution (or I guess their family if they are dead or incapacitated).  Buildings full of "criminals" "kept as predator wild animals for the purpose of 'punishing' themselves and others" - euphemistically called prisons, run by governments, should not exist in the first place.

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.

Oh, Ok, I see that now.  It makes quite a difference to what I thought you were saying, sorry for misinterpreting it.

Though "execution", yeah, I'm kind of in "two minds" about this.  I am ABSOLUTELY against "public execution" (meaning not necessarily "in public", but "public funded" and carried out by government lackies) because it is giving power over life or death to governments, and I believe that someone's "victim" is the only one entitled to carry out an execution (or I guess their family if they are dead or incapacitated).  Buildings full of "criminals" "kept as predator wild animals for the purpose of 'punishing' themselves and others" - euphemistically called prisons, run by governments, should not exist in the first place.

Correct.  If a man or woman is too evil to be on the streets "earning" or "re-earning" the respect and trust of their peers... then they should not be walking.  If someone is too evil to be alive... they should be dead.  Period.  Locking them up at someone else's expense is bullshit.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up