The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Senator compares cops to terrorists  (Read 950 times)

mouse

Senator compares cops to terrorists
« on: March 27, 2015, 06:33:45 am »

The world knows this.  Finally somebody says it.

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=50189

A Nebraska state senator has stated that the epidemic of police brutality in America is a bigger threat than terrorism.

Senator Ernie Chambers, a longtime outspoken official in the state, was speaking at a hearing on gun ownership. Chambers stated that the only reason he would want to own a gun would be to protect himself from the police.

snip

In comments that have angered critics, Chambers said "My ISIS is the police," reasoning that "the police are licensed to kill us -- children, old people."

Chambers, Nebraska’s longest-serving state senator, pointed out that you do not have to look beyond the US to find a bigger daily threat to the lives of Americans.

"I wouldn't go to Syria, I wouldn't go to Iraq, I wouldn't go to Afghanistan, I wouldn't go to Yemen, I wouldn't go to Tunisia, I wouldn't go to Lebanon, I wouldn't go to Jordan, I would do it right here," Chambers said, urging "Nobody from ISIS ever terrorized us as a people as the police do daily."

Indeed, in the past three months almost 300 Americans have been killed at the hands of police, according to estimates. That figure amounts to three people killed by cops every day.

Recent reports drawn from U.S. Department of State figures indicate that Americans are 58 times more likely to be killed by a police officer than a terrorist.

snip

There are moves to make this senator "apologise" for his comments, some have taken offence, I have no idea why.  People cannot just go on pretending that these things are not true.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Senator compares cops to terrorists
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 07:28:00 am »

Nothing can "make him" apologize. They might be able to force him to resign somehow, but he'd only apologize if his postion was actually more important than the truth. Who knows.....
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

clarence

• sui juris, in propia persona
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 11:26:11 am »

Ernie is the longest serving state senator for a reason.  He has a strong base of support.  Should he die before the next election, he would be reelected.  Chicago isn't the only place where the dead vote more often than the living.

And he has been speaking of the abuses of the ptb for decades.  He even occasionally speaks truth.

Clarence
je suis contre

tu ne cede malis

"Don't feel bad, most species of large mammal die off...it's just our turn." Herb Ruhs, MD

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 12:08:05 pm »

If this latest tirade is recent, then I wouldn't be surprised if he were Fostered. Then they'll be able to say "See? See? Even he needs the Cops."

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up