The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New truck  (Read 2188 times)

DiabloLoco

New truck
« on: March 14, 2015, 07:15:27 pm »

I finally found an affordable, decent used truck after a month of searching. I got it CHEAP!

This is not the actual truck, but it looks like this-

It's a 2004 F150 FX. It has power EVERYTHING! It even has leather seats and a sunroof! 4x4. Step-side. Bed liner. Tow package. Big brush guard. No rust. Only 82,000 miles. I paid 5k for it. My patience has been rewarded. :mellow:

Now I just have to get the ladder rack for it. :thumbsup:

I gotta sell my old work truck. Anybody want to buy a 2000 F150? :laugh:

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
Re: New truck
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2015, 08:04:46 pm »

Awesomeness!
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 01:57:45 pm »

WOW.  Neat truck and great price. Congratulations!
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

mi6a2lm

• http://emtaz.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 04:01:44 pm »

Bed liner.

Bed liners rock - I like to demonstrate by pounding on mine with a hammer.

$5K for a truck like that w/low miles?  Found in a month?  Maybe you should get into the 'flipping cars' business.  I'd throw it up on craigslist for $9K and settle for $8K.  Do that once a month and you'll have profit play money.

Bed liner p*rn - NSFW!

“This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end - which you can never afford to lose - with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” - ADM James Stockdale

DiabloLoco

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2015, 07:33:29 pm »

$5K for a truck like that w/low miles?  Found in a month?  Maybe you should get into the 'flipping cars' business.  I'd throw it up on craigslist for $9K and settle for $8K.  Do that once a month and you'll have profit play money.

Meh.....I would resell it, but I need it....bad! I flipped two vehicles last year. Older vehicles with low miles for the year. Both were 1998 and both had less than 100k on them. One was a Lincoln Continental and the other was a Chevy pick-up. I made $500 on the car and $550 on the truck. In this area, vehicles like that (decent/dependable/cheap) are a hot commodity. If I wasn't so damned busy all the time, I would do that more often. I make much more money working in construction. :mellow:

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 06:38:50 am »

Awesome DL!  I bum around Craigslist from time to time searching for a truck but haven't been very diligent.  My lack of patience is not helping.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 06:33:30 pm »

Awesome DL!  I bum around Craigslist from time to time searching for a truck but haven't been very diligent.  My lack of patience is not helping.
I know what you mean. I almost "pulled the trigger" on a different truck. The price was ok, but it wasn't EXACTLY what I was looking for. I promised myself that THIS TIME I would be more patient and wait for all the stars to align. I'm glad that I did!

I (the SHW actually) paid the NYS extortion fees and got the truck on the road today. I would have done it myself, but it was a BEAUTIFUL day today! I took advantage and worked 11 hours. After I eat dinner, I'm taking it for a spin. :thrbiggrin:

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2015, 06:22:53 am »

After I eat dinner, I'm taking it for a spin. :thrbiggrin:

Well?!?!
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 04:53:54 pm »

After I eat dinner, I'm taking it for a spin. :thrbiggrin:

Well?!?!
Everything is good! I talked to my mechanic on the way home from work today. I'm going to bring it in on Thursday. Gotta get it inspected. It has a good sticker on the window right now, but if one of those "camera cop cars" went by me and read my plate, it would pop up that the truck wasn't inspected. I DO NOT want to get pulled over. Most likely, it would not go well. :laugh: I'm also getting ALL of the fluids changed. Even the transfer case. It'll cost me a bit, but you can't put a price on peace of mind. Lastly, I'm getting the brake pads changed. They're OK now, but not for long. I'd say that they are about 75% worn down.
Pages: [1]   Go Up