The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Toyota Tundra  (Read 3461 times)

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
My Toyota Tundra
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:44:11 pm »

So, I'm sure y'all have heard me yammer on in a few places about my new truck.  Well, it's not quite so new 10 months after I purchased it, but nevermind that.  I figured I'd finally post some pictures of it.  You'll have to forgive the quality of the pictures.  I'm not a photographer, the sun was in my eyes, and I was using the camera built into my phone.  Without further ado:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8456/7960141776_6946c4f927.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8454/7960142184_b214c98a4a.jpg
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8445/7960142528_841a8e5194.jpg
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

casca-503

Re: My Toyota Tundra
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 08:39:24 pm »

very  nice...

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2012, 06:16:24 am »

Sweet truck!  The dog in the picture looked like an excellent deterrent as well.

In the coming months I'll be trading in my Toyota Corolla for a truck.  Still researching makes and models but the Tundra is on my short list.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 09:01:50 am »

shiny! Is it what you'd hoped?
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

DiabloLoco

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2012, 03:05:30 pm »

Nice truck, but I'm not too keen on the color. Red stands out. I take it that the truck is newer than 2004?

Check this out-

http://tacoma-upgrade.com/2009/06/info-on-the-19955-through-2004-toyota-tacoma-frame-recall-for-rust.html

Now that's a costly recall!!!!

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2012, 03:36:27 pm »

shiny! Is it what you'd hoped?

For the most part, yes.  It's the second smoothest riding truck I've ever been in (the smoothest was the other Tundra I drove that day, but it was $1000 more and didn't have the tow package that I wanted).  I also wanted 4 wheel drive, but that was another $5000 that I didn't and still don't have to spend, and I don't need 4 wheel drive.

Nice truck, but I'm not too keen on the color. Red stands out. I take it that the truck is newer than 2004?

Yeah, I didn't really want a red one, but in my price range and equipped like I needed, it's what they had.  And it has grown on me.  Had I gotten a different color, I couldn't call it "The Big Red Beast".  And yes, it's newer than 2004.  It's a 2011 model.

Check this out-

http://tacoma-upgrade.com/2009/06/info-on-the-19955-through-2004-toyota-tacoma-frame-recall-for-rust.html

Now that's a costly recall!!!!

That is a very costly recall.  I was considering picking up a dedicated 4x4 pickup to bash around on the trails and in the mud holes with in a couple of years and the Tacoma was on the short list.  I may have to re-think that...

Sweet truck!  The dog in the picture looked like an excellent deterrent as well.

Which dog?  The black one is sharp as tacks and faster than a speeding bullet (and he hates possums, new people and kids).  The brown one is about as sharp as a bag of wet hair and doesn't know "come here" from "sic 'em!" (she is a sweetheart, though).

In the coming months I'll be trading in my Toyota Corolla for a truck.  Still researching makes and models but the Tundra is on my short list.

The Tundra is a great truck.  Toyota has declared on multiple occasions that they intentionally overengineered it, and I believe them.  It does sit higher than most half-ton trucks, so if you get or test drive one, be prepared for that.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

sharp_shepherd

• Guardian Of The Constitution
  • Join us on the road to a new "old" America.
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 08:07:45 am »

That truck is to nice...get some dirt on it.
Guardian Of The Constitution
Three Percenter
LDS Member
I love my wife, kids and family.
Pages: [1]   Go Up