The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shameless plug II, repeater-in-a-bucket  (Read 1288 times)

Kurt

Shameless plug II, repeater-in-a-bucket
« on: November 26, 2014, 07:03:07 am »

Working prototype for a bucket repeater.  Was (re)thinking the crossband repeater setup I have in the truck (http://www.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?topic=34553.0) and the local topography around my AO, and how I might want to put a repeater on the top of a nearby hill - but not leave my truck parked there to do it.  Since the hill is almost a mile away, needed a solution that didn't require daily battery charging.  Think the part I was most happy about was that it didn't require any trips to the store or waiting for Amazon orders to arrive to build it, just digging around the basement/garage and a little channeling of my inner MacGyver.  If anyone has any suggested improvements for any part of the plan for building or deploying it, would appreciate hearing them. 

Cherokee

Re: Shameless plug II, repeater-in-a-bucket
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 09:26:51 pm »

This may require a few trips to the store, Craigslist, Amazon, and EBay.

A small enclosed trailer, with a fold up, telescoping antenna. Don't forget the out triggers and anchor points. You'll need solar panels and gear to charge the batteries.

If you own the land, consider a small utility shed and a more permanent antenna.
Pages: [1]   Go Up