The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Deputy tries to shoot dog, shoots child instead  (Read 1505 times)

mouse

Deputy tries to shoot dog, shoots child instead
« on: July 14, 2014, 09:03:54 pm »

Wow!  Just wow!  The gun fired all by itself!  Now that has got to be a first!  Gee, that must be a new sneaky tactic by police, getting these guns that fire all by themselves, then that totally absolves the cop of all blame.  See; from the article:

"The deputy's gun fired one shot, missing the dog and hitting the child"

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=47891

DOUGLAS, GA (WALB) - A 10-year-old boy will not need surgery after he was shot by a Coffee County deputy in a manhunt for a robbery and shooting suspect.

Coffee County Sheriff Doyle Wooten confirmed that the boy, identified as Dakota Corbitt, was shot.

snip

mouse

Re: Deputy tries to shoot dog, shoots child instead
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 02:15:29 am »

Well its a good thing that someone agrees with my take on this:

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=47892

Proponents of civilian disarmament will often describe a gun as an entity possessing an independent will and a capacity for malice as in the phrase, Guns kill children, as opposed to Guns can be used to kill or to save children. People of that persuasion do not seek the abolition of firearms, but rather the creation of a state monopoly on firearms ownership, which means that they must consider firearms in the hands of armed state agents as mystically immune to their otherwise irrepressibly murderous impulses.

snip

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 04:08:55 am »

There is just soooooo much wrong with that.  That guy needs a slug in the face.....    No downrange awareness.........   Kid and dog proximity raises a question of this guy disturbing innocent play, or thought a dog attack was in progress.  In either case the sheriff is saving the deputies life by not revealing his name if it is a rural county........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »

There is just soooooo much wrong with that.  That guy needs a slug in the face.....    No downrange awareness.........   Kid and dog proximity raises a question of this guy disturbing innocent play, or thought a dog attack was in progress.  In either case the sheriff is saving the deputies life by not revealing his name if it is a rural county........

And becoming accessory to murder or negligent manslaughter AND gross incompetence and dereliction of duty in either case of either of the first two charges sticking.  Seriously... that's some screwed up shit.  Were I sheriff, I'd have strung his ass out for "enhanced interrogation" UNTIL he confessed, and then strung his ass up from the tallest thick limb I could find... until long after his feet stopped twitching.  That sort of incompetence has no place in any gun carrying professional job.  Think this guy would've made it back to barracks in most self respecting proficient and honorable (there were some) militaries or mercenary units of old?  These guys don't respect themselves, and their lack of self respect shows in their work.

It isn't lack of self "esteem" that is the issue.  It is lack of self and other respect.  They care little for themselves and have inferiority complexes.  These spill into their work.

To quote a line from Luc Besson's The Transporter: "I always say, Mssr. Frank, the way a man treats his car, is the way he treats himself."  Amen to that.  It scares some guys I've trained with how close by them I'm willing to shoot.  However, I'm always 100% aware of WHERE my gun is pointing, before, during and after my shot(s).  I'm not the very best of shots, but I used to rank pretty high up there on the mid to short range (will do 1000 yard+ when I have a worthy rig.)  A man who takes pride in his work, whatever it is, will do his best to do well in all things, not just one thing.  I do know the limitations of my hardware, but I take pristine care of all my stuff.  And working on losing some bad habits I picked up during some extreme stress experiences in recent history.  Final Modify: If I can do it, nobody else has excuses either.  Priorities maybe, but not excuses.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:14:43 pm by Destin Faruda »
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Rarick

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 06:25:52 am »

I am forced to await clarification before I go for the rope.........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 03:59:46 am »

I am forced to await clarification before I go for the rope.........

Would you (or your gun, if it has a will of its own like most governmentalists' guns) be incompetent enough to even take that shot with a non hostile (as in, you do not intend to shoot him) kid as the backstop?  Me and mine neither.

Clarification complete.

* Destin Faruda points to the jar of lard.  Grease up, bro!  ;)
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Rarick

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 07:31:54 am »

Yeah I did point that out didn't I?  Rope time you win.
Pages: [1]   Go Up