The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greed and world events......  (Read 701 times)

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
Greed and world events......
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:52:24 am »

I had have had some "found cash" floating around from all those trash pile items I found.  I decided to take the chance when I heard about all the financing going to Syria rebels.  There are pipelines going thru there and the common border with Iraq........

30% gain on original investment!  cashed it out and am going to put that to work for me.........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

knobster

• Come and take!
Re: Greed and world events......
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 07:21:51 am »

So for those of use who don't speak 'rarickish' could you break it down for us?

Not the part about financing Syrian rebels, the part about... whatever it was you did.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Rarick

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 07:45:24 am »

The unrest in Syria put a couple of pipelines at risk.  OIL pipelines also with the weapons from Libya and the support going into Syria from Barry S. I figured that these rebels were going to branch out.....  If that unrest spread into Iraq, there would be more OIL under threat.  The market would react......  Basically I took some money and made 30% on it in the commodities market in the short term.  I am part of that downturn of the oil market dropping from 110-155$ per barrel trending down thru 100$ a barrel.

I did not use any needed cash in the transaction because I was rolling some dice and it paid off.  I might be able to afford another apocalypse toy now......  It is a way to get some prepping cash and speed up "That day" when you can start to relax some......
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 07:47:49 am by Rarick »
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:41:51 am »

Ah, makes sense now.  Well sweet, enjoy whatever toys you pick up.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Rarick

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 08:32:57 am »

Probably that tractor........
Pages: [1]   Go Up