The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Top Secret Crypto Gold and Backwoods Home Magazine  (Read 9312 times)

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Top Secret Crypto Gold and Backwoods Home Magazine
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2004, 08:44:31 pm »

While I do not like to give away numbers, the number of requests has been much less than I anticipated. All I will say is it is less than 100. :(

Sorry ..... I'd of asked for a copy, but I'm a linux geek.

I only use windows at work......
I'm sorry, but not surprised, that the numbers were small. The Backwoods Home audience isn't particularly tech-oriented. And since I use only Linux, also, I couldn't download it and give a user's POV. I still think it was a fine offer for you to make, Mac the Knife.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2004, 09:37:15 pm »

I'm sorry, but not surprised, that the numbers were small. The Backwoods Home audience isn't particularly tech-oriented. And since I use only Linux, also, I couldn't download it and give a user's POV. I still think it was a fine offer for you to make, Mac the Knife.
Thanks. Encryption done right also has a higher learning curve than most other software, and a lot of people just do not want to spend the time required to learn the basics. Perhaps next year I will make the offer again.  :P

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable."~H.L. Mencken

First Freedom Outlaw Brigade Merchandise Store

ladylearning

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2004, 10:12:15 pm »

LL, when you do get your Windows PC back up and running after the move I think you mentioned in another post, just drop me an e-mail and I will send you the registration codes. No problem at all.

Thanks Mac,... I will gladly, and gratefully, do so.

And by the way, whatever you decide to do with FTRecord, I stand by you 100%.

Thanks again. :) I don't like that kind of disruption to the board.  We DON'T have to deal with that. Besides, maybe Elias cured it.

P.S. What does iirc mean?
I have a bad habit of not capitilizing as I should.  Most type it as IIRC, which I've always taken as "if I recall".  Sorry for the flub, and also sorry it took so long to reply.
I was gone for a few days and my sessions on the computer aren't long.  I've been trying to get aquainted with this Mac enough to post to TMM about Hunter's plight too and that's kept me preoccupied during my time today.  <_<

LL

Docliberty

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 10:37:14 pm »

Encryption done right also has a higher learning curve than most other software

Just starting to climb that curve myself and your program is making it easier.  Thanks.
Doc

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.  I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."  Marion Morrison

"I do not fear my government.  I fear what my government will cause me to become."   Docliberty

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." H. L. Mencken

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2004, 02:31:25 am »

I have a bad habit of not capitilizing as I should.  Most type it as IIRC, which I've always taken as "if I recall".  Sorry for the flub, and also sorry it took so long to reply.
I was gone for a few days and my sessions on the computer aren't long.  I've been trying to get aquainted with this Mac enough to post to TMM about Hunter's plight too and that's kept me preoccupied during my time today.  <_<

LL
Nothing to be sorry about. I am one of those old geezers who does not understand all of these Internet abbreviations you young people do, seeing as I have only been online for less than 4 years. :rolleyes:

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable."~H.L. Mencken

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2004, 02:36:05 am »

Just starting to climb that curve myself and your program is making it easier.  Thanks.
Glad to hear it. If you have any questions at all just ask here or drop me an e-mail using the Top Secret Crypto Gold E-mail Support menu item under the Help menu. Be glad to answer any and all questions. :P

ladylearning

« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2004, 05:46:34 pm »

I am one of those old geezers who does not understand all of these Internet abbreviations you young people do

Well,... I'm not sure what age group "geezers" and "young people" come in :unsure: ...

but seeing as how I'm 50, you get a smooch from me.    ;)

LL

H.M. WoggleBug, T.E.

• DuckBites®
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2004, 12:43:14 am »

So Mac, I am a Macintosh Software Engineer. Are you interested in a Mac OSX version? Is one in the works?

'Bug
Take care of the means, and the end will take care of itself.

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2004, 03:55:23 am »

I am one of those old geezers who does not understand all of these Internet abbreviations you young people do

Well,... I'm not sure what age group "geezers" and "young people" come in :unsure: ...

but seeing as how I'm 50, you get a smooch from me.    ;)

LL
Wish I could collect that in person  :P, but 12,000 miles is a long way to go. Most geezers I know start around my age which is 59.

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2004, 04:01:45 am »

So Mac, I am a Macintosh Software Engineer. Are you interested in a Mac OSX version? Is one in the works?

'Bug
Intel and Windows rules the roost here in the Philippines which makes it difficult to get a Mac computer. Plus the fact that I am retired with limited funds means no Mac version. Sorry. If sales were ever to pick up enough to justify a Mac version, I just might do it, but I would have to learn a new operating system, plus the fact that the Mac is a big endian and not a little endian computer means a lot of code conversion would have to be done. :blink:

debra

« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2004, 08:59:39 am »

Mac,

FWIW, I'm one of the ones that downloaded, but didn't ask for the full version. The reason is that I've been using PGP extensively, so everyone I correspond with would need to get TSCG and my new key as well. At least, that's how I understand it. Am I wrong?

Thanks,

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2004, 09:43:29 am »

Mac,

FWIW, I'm one of the ones that downloaded, but didn't ask for the full version. The reason is that I've been using PGP extensively, so everyone I correspond with would need to get TSCG and my new key as well. At least, that's how I understand it. Am I wrong?

Thanks,
That is correct Debra. Both parties need a copy of my program since it uses different encryption algorithms for the conventional cipher than PGP. If the keys you use for PGP are RSA keys they can be imported into my program and used, but not all signatures. But the newer versions of PGP default to DH keys which most people do not realize. You have to specifically tell PGP to create RSA keys.

If you still want a set of registration codes just let me know. At least you will be able to play around with it longer than 45 days. :D

H.M. WoggleBug, T.E.

• DuckBites®
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2004, 02:30:38 pm »

Mac, I've done a dozen ports from Windoze to Mac. My query was an open-ended possible offer of services. I don't know enough about the program to evaluate the workload, but I was curious.

'Bug
Take care of the means, and the end will take care of itself.

beech_trees

« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2004, 06:27:03 pm »

Mac,

Thanks,
That is correct Debra. Both parties need a copy of my program since it uses different encryption algorithms for the conventional cipher than PGP. If the keys you use for PGP are RSA keys they can be imported into my program and used, but not all signatures. But the newer versions of PGP default to DH keys which most people do not realize. You have to specifically tell PGP to create RSA keys.

If you still want a set of registration codes just let me know. At least you will be able to play around with it longer than 45 days. :D
I'm thinking about generating a 128 Bit Key strictly for communicating with PGP users, knowing beforehand that it might not be 'secure' in the truest sense of the word. I'll call that my 'pgpkey' or something.   :D

Dave

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2004, 11:43:52 pm »

Mac, I've done a dozen ports from Windoze to Mac. My query was an open-ended possible offer of services. I don't know enough about the program to evaluate the workload, but I was curious.

'Bug
The program is written for Win32 and is not a generic C program. Plus, about 50% or more is written in assembly language for the 80486 and Pentium chips. It is the assembly language that would be the hardest to port over since I do not think there is a one to one match up between assembly language instructions for the two CPUs.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up