The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Top Secret Crypto Gold and Backwoods Home Magazine  (Read 9313 times)

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
Top Secret Crypto Gold and Backwoods Home Magazine
« on: December 02, 2003, 08:50:47 pm »

Claire, thanks for the great plug in Santa's Subversive Stocking Stuffers in Backwoods Home Magazine about my program Top Secret Crypto Gold v3.10. Much appreciated.

This post is to make it easier for everyone to get their free registration (until Dec. 31 2003) for the program. All you have to do is send me an e-mail with the words Claire sent me in the body or subject of the e-mail to mkp@topsecretcrypto.com. Please include your name and return e-mail address. Tell all of your friends about it. This offer is open to anyone that reads, or is a member of, this message board. :P

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. :D

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable."~H.L. Mencken

First Freedom Outlaw Brigade Merchandise Store

Delos

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2003, 09:39:13 pm »

Mac,

So if one were to mail you for info, what would you send them?

BTW, I've used a DGC for years.  

NortonRyder

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2003, 03:43:19 pm »

Enhancement suggestion. I didn't see it in the description, but it might be there.
     A secure trashbin. Something that would physically remove, reallocate, or rearrange the data bits for any files you wish totally purged from the disk. On some of the older systems I've worked on, there were utilities to write values of 0 to every free bit on the disk (Granted, that was back when 50 MB was a big (and expensive) drive.
     Every dweebe worth his pocket protector knows that all the delete does is to mark the space available for use, and doesn't physically remove the data. Even with relatively unsophisticated undelete programs, deleted data can be recovered. Just imagine what the Fedgov has available.

Just a thought.

I think I will give this a try. I've been thinking about getting encryption for some time now, but never got around to it. Now I have no excuse.

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2003, 08:41:32 pm »

Mac,

So if one were to mail you for info, what would you send them?

BTW, I've used a DGC for years.
In this case you get the Registration Codes for the program. You have to download the program at the web site and have the program read the registration codes. All the information you need to use the program is either in the Help Files or on the web site.

If you have any other questions about the program just send me an e-mail at any time or use the contact information on the web site if you have to call. I do live in the Philippines and sorry, we do not accept collect calls.

If you have a question about the program that you feel would be of interest to others on this message board you can post it here and I will answer it. :P

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable."~H.L. Mencken

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2003, 09:04:39 pm »

Enhancement suggestion. I didn't see it in the description, but it might be there.
     A secure trashbin. Something that would physically remove, reallocate, or rearrange the data bits for any files you wish totally purged from the disk. On some of the older systems I've worked on, there were utilities to write values of 0 to every free bit on the disk (Granted, that was back when 50 MB was a big (and expensive) drive.
     Every dweebe worth his pocket protector knows that all the delete does is to mark the space available for use, and doesn't physically remove the data. Even with relatively unsophisticated undelete programs, deleted data can be recovered. Just imagine what the Fedgov has available.

Just a thought.

I think I will give this a try. I've been thinking about getting encryption for some time now, but never got around to it. Now I have no excuse.
Excellent observation, but already taken care of within the program or using a third party program. In the program under the File Menu you can either select Wipe Files or Wipe All Files in a Folder. You can also set the number of times the wipe procedure is executed in the programs Options Menu and the final wipe character.

In the Help File please read the topic Can I Keep Files on My Computer Secure with Top Secret Crypto Gold?. In it I recommend you use Eraser, which is free [I think they accept donations], to wipe all the free and unused space on your hard disks. It also provides a DOS program you can setup to wipe your Windows Swap File, and a handy emergency utility called Duke's Boot and Nuke that you can put on one floppy disk which, when inserted into drive A: and you reboot your computer, will wipe all the hard drives on your computer. :D Since this is a self-contained boot floppy disk it should work on all operating systems. :P

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2003, 06:48:30 pm »

And updated version of Top Secret Crypto Gold v3.20 has been posted to the web site for downloading at http://www.topsecretcrypto.com. Remember, all you have to do is send me an e-mail mkp@topsecretcrypto.com with the words Claire sent me in the Subject Line or body of the message to receive a free registration. Offer open until 31 Dec 2003.

The new version contains 120 more smileys, for a total of 180, you can use in your encrypted e-mail messages, journal entries, or chat messages. It also corrects two minor bugs, one in the procedure that detects an always-on Internet connection for chatting, and one that corrects an error when saving a journal page and you click the mouse button in the treeview control.

Two new functions have been added to the program. One tells you the number of times the random bits bin has completely changed its content since you started the program along with the average number of times it changed per second.

The second lets you convert a file to a True One Time Pad File for use by the program, which is a feature requested by one of the readers of this message board.

This offer is open to all members of this message board and everyone that comes here to read it. So, tell your friends about it if they would like a free copy of the program. Only about 12 days left to take advantage of it, so do it now.  :P

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 10:38:33 pm »

There is still time to get your FREE copy of Top Secret Crypto Gold v3.20. Just follow the directions in the previous posts for this topic. Remember, this offer expires at midnight on 31 Dec 2003, so act now before it is too late.  :D

For those that have already availed themselves of this offer, if you have any questions about the program at all, feel free to contact me at any time. My door is always open. :rolleyes:  

ladylearning

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2003, 10:02:04 am »

Mac, I'd like to take advantage of your generous offer but I'm using a borrowed Mac OS while my computer is down and packed.  Even if I discovered a way to download to disc there would be compatibility issues with my PC when I get it back up and running after the move.  I did see where it could be downloaded to either iirc, but then there's the problem of converting it once I get set up. Can that be done?

LL

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2003, 11:38:02 am »

Mac, I'd like to take advantage of your generous offer but I'm using a borrowed Mac OS while my computer is down and packed.  Even if I discovered a way to download to disc there would be compatibility issues with my PC when I get it back up and running after the move.  I did see where it could be downloaded to either iirc, but then there's the problem of converting it once I get set up. Can that be done?

LL
LL, when you do get your Windows PC back up and running after the move I think you mentioned in another post, just drop me an e-mail and I will send you the registration codes. No problem at all.  :P

And by the way, whatever you decide to do with FTRecord, I stand by you 100%. :rolleyes:

P.S. What does iirc mean? While I know a great deal about computers, I have never seen this term before. :unsure:

beech_trees

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 05:53:38 pm »

I'd like to publicly note I've taken advantage of this incredible offer, and in toying with the program I'm in awe of its capabilities. I'm still an ignorant newbie when it comes to encrypted communication, but the help files are certainly um.... helping.  :blink:

How should one publicise their public key?

Dave

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2003, 08:26:55 pm »

I'd like to publicly note I've taken advantage of this incredible offer, and in toying with the program I'm in awe of its capabilities. I'm still an ignorant newbie when it comes to encrypted communication, but the help files are certainly um.... helping.  :blink:

How should one publicise their public key?

Dave
Thanks for the kind words about the program. Much appreciated. :rolleyes:

The best way to publicize your public key is to extract it using the Clipboard->Export Public Key function and post it on your web site if you have one, or on message boards like this. This allows others to copy it to their clipboard and using Clipboard->Import Public Key to add it to their key ring. But you then have to be very careful and verify that the key you added to your key ring in fact belongs to the person you think it does. They help files give you a few pointers on how to verify a public key.

The following example is my public key:

[size=8]-----BEGIN TSC PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: Top Secret Crypto Gold v3.20 - www.topsecretcrypto.com
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=uIqw

-----END TSC PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----[/size]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 08:29:57 pm by Mac the Knife »

beech_trees

« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2003, 08:11:59 pm »

Mac,

What an amazing program. A few questions, if I may:

Can I correspond via encrpted email with PGP users?

Is the idea of the single use pad to create a single pad cipher, physically mail on a floppy that key to my email recipient, and then send the email? what are some good ways of getting the key to the email recipient?

If I amy, can I ask if you received many requests here for your program?

Lastly, a comment: the splash screen font is a little, um, juvenile. It may look better with a more dignified font. Just my $0.02,

Thanks again,

Dave

[size=8] -----BEGIN TSC PUBLIC KEY BLOCK-----
Version: Top Secret Crypto Gold v3.20 - www.topsecretcrypto.com

mQINAz/yIwkAAAEQAManCcmdnE8pvTxgCKU8JM3CkWu4lfkP6w/UytGauf9550wr
Nad46WhPLFhTDWVyQZXlm9u2L6VRECg06V69w9hT/lX0PsvuQzZ5m50dJIcJORY4
OCtQnSO9i6SnvsSYEOfwP7GTwJGHEVFH+9UF/CQzSwN5FYxWMWZrrzWK+VzGbNIv
ZaL8bILuVSBgNBiNWjQmh0QvS+hBWcG1jCU6VUPedTF1evPtja7QjFHExDN19Lmi
UIEIASb5CCxRx4xtRTIzOc6J6RWN9ihxLY96hrANMoc7iZFDDdcx1yKzO2N4wrIp
vs312n2hdw0H6zdfacMDmbqmMXlDeOeW5JHJHcD/JBMYTHIKJDo4vCxzoHGfo2g7
yLHihNy8WefqFpBp+sDLYt3GRVnawSMLkdWox85T5Qr5CfzAEwP7kxfed6CozOPu
c0RSDVbGWLettfIDq1lyxc6KhmnT/xn5B5uM5KvM3rgZ/n6f5T0P0zp9GI1ERlgW
YMC615Qw96wBL38fxmXRRYeNwk79BhSLL+pXHMKt8sw+M7MCcnMFnr5/TMQmo7Zy
yNryxLWRv9gJVRCZjk0wfbGvMIqpstDEDZWXTWDT0dq3hA4oqo6+dNTPBwUNIcfq
pxe9FuJiPX/U7Ml/VBkC8+aANEP4neMUUHdJV3hbSuLeB0lVJauWo8TYM6zBAAUR
sAEAtCZEYXZpZCBKLiBCb2NrbWFuIDxkamJAYnVuYWJheWFzaGkuY29tPrABAIkC
FQMOFD/yIwmrlqPE2DOswQECsUEP/3dEnQiYBnmFWoseqpihr5QRDWf+wzLVVRqY
h/eVTxU8p6F4vlOW2SI+O7XcQ5EXKDM9hlXsnYWd8t/SwKZ0QL+ZvW5huAJ/0TBB
MLNqkgdpv9jOnO/RjmSNZ6AEiXr/vrzpAhMMYXHZGUeEsTCxJqHMzGPI81g4j5G1
xvFsmLiX+AWEU/K9JmiiC/eOKKrdtBeVCKIAvTYCsA08D6rm1qQaAODv/7JLbCER
YZ2rb2y9/70lm2EiUJ/zkMjl76sdgB2WPowqsqnSl2R/JAPBvgPwI2sLKHjQFKpv
azmeJ422i1NcN00m/uLtUowoZyjqKrKIk+tshgDAfJ+rXccZMbJe5ZNMJNHbAGjl
XLUA874zVPACrehj3TXb5sjLOK9r36BjGZnMe8BaZfe/zvP2WrosFJ0t8uhbr1+/
50ln8m5710m5uiM+e/EzgehKDzS6k813mhMSvz84H2Ihmmy/rgCplpzox4aEHrwi
16rQI7dSxqTtV2Y1dhLXoHRhNeGTsq01npu5N+poGCAM9svarX3NnKHAfogVAFpS
t4DDDJ0+Pt9Um47D8CQunp635Emm5T+sFw4NS6dmNQNn5R4GGDueA1mKGLIVNcpC
ejOIcv4lLoFVNxZN2NIii2+VupAEk2dM1BPvXuNVWhko5KIrRsMRdiVgJPZjOnqW
RIj+dBszsAEA
=oNWt

-----END TSC PUBLIC KEY BLOCK----- [/size]
« Last Edit: December 31, 2003, 08:14:55 pm by beech_trees »

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2003, 08:44:25 pm »

Mac,

What an amazing program. A few questions, if I may:

Can I correspond via encrpted email with PGP users?

Is the idea of the single use pad to create a single pad cipher, physically mail on a floppy that key to my email recipient, and then send the email? what are some good ways of getting the key to the email recipient?

If I amy, can I ask if you received many requests here for your program?

Lastly, a comment: the splash screen font is a little, um, juvenile. It may look better with a more dignified font. Just my $0.02,

Thanks again,

Dave
No, PGP cannot decrypt encrypted files from Top Secret Crypto Gold, and vice versa. Different encryption algorithms. But most RSA keys created by PGP can be imported into Top Secret Crypto Gold. See the help topic Compatibility With PGP for details.

The One Time Pad Key Files or True One Time Pad Files should never be e-mailed to a recipient. They could be intercepted by many people along the way, including FedGov  :ph34r:, and used to decrypt your encrypted e-mail. See the help file, it has a few topics that discuss this. These files should only be exchanged in face to face meetings, or other secure methods you have 100% control over. This is the major disadvantage of these two files as key files. While encrypting with them is 100% secure, the do require a secure method to give a copy of them to your recipient. This is why you also have the option of using a randomly produced session key to encrypt with which does not require the exchange of a key file.

But they are great for use by businesses that have to send people out into the field for what ever reason. They can create the files, give a copy to the person who will be traveling, and keep a copy at the home office. This is also valid for husbands or wives that have to travel, sons and daughters going to college, or military personal deploying away from their spouse.  :P

While I do not like to give away numbers, the number of requests has been much less than I anticipated. All I will say is it is less than 100. :(

I sorta like that font, but I will take your comments under advisement. Thanks for the comments and the quesitons. :D

kbarrett

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2004, 01:05:18 pm »

While I do not like to give away numbers, the number of requests has been much less than I anticipated. All I will say is it is less than 100. :(

Sorry ..... I'd of asked for a copy, but I'm a linux geek.

I only use windows at work......

The psychology of “Projection”:  If you want to run people’s lives for them, then you will probably assume that any armed person wants to do the same to you. Scratch a victim-disarmament supporter, and you will always discover a fear-ridden control-freak.

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2004, 02:08:34 am »

For those of you that did not take advantage of my offer over the holidays to receive a free registration for my program Top Secret Crypto Gold v3.20, do not dispare. You can always avail yourselves of the free for personal use version 2.10. While it does not have all of the features and bells and whistles of the newest version, it does have basic e-mail and file encryption. And sorry, no smiles in this version.  :(

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up