The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Who Owns You?  (Read 51941 times)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Who Owns You?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 12:04:42 pm »

http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/?p=1223
By what authority?

I've started simply asking this question.

The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 07:06:15 pm »

In answer to the question, I submit my response:

So far as any mortal man or woman or collection/community of people are concerned, I own me.  No one who walks this Earth has ANY prior claim upon my body or the work of my hands, UNLESS it is because of something to which I have agreed (ie, if my employer pays for training from an outside source, such as a college, and they expect me to work for them for a certain amount of time afterward, this is something reasonable, value for value).

There are only two people to whom I have pledged my life:  My wife has a claim on me, something that I agreed to, very happily, 17 years ago, and I have a claim on her; no one else touches her or me in a sexual fashion.  Ever.  Those here who are married will know what other obligations and promises come with that territory, and I will not go into them at this time.

The only other person who has a prior claim to my life is my God, Yah'Veh Elohim.  I lived in relative ignorance of this fact for several years, and then came to understand what my relationship to Him needed to be.  He provided the way through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus Christ, Yah'shua Ha-Meshiah, and I accepted that sacrifice.  As a result, I am His.

I know that there are people around who will not accept His sacrifice, and I know that, apart from impassioned reasoning, I can do nothing to make them do it.  After all, they own their own lives, and they will do as they see fit.

I know that there are people who believe that their lives are their own, but also believe that MY life is their own.  They may seek to take what is mine, whether by force or threat of force.  I deal with those situations on a case by case basis.  So far in my life, I have done little violence to anyone that was intended to dissuade them from taking what is mine.  If I had my way, I would never have to resort to such violence.  I know, though, that if I have had to have done it in the past, I will probably have to do so in the future.

'nuff said.
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Currawong

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 12:52:19 am »

In reply to the original question, it's obvious that the State owns you.
Do you think anyone can escape from the clutches, the obfuscations, the tyranny and unbridled,unlawful
control that the State exerts over you?
I'll share a personal epiphany or  'lightbulb moment' with all; "I've realised that I've spent my life chasing my own humanity
-and found it an empty shell!!"EHD 20.5.13 @15.31p.m.
Hope this doesn't confuse,mes amis.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 06:59:29 pm »

The State has no control over you that you don't allow it to have.
The State may Think it owns you and even act like it does But You own you and you make all of the decisions. To follow its rules or not You choose.
For example:
IF I choose to use a "licensed vehicle" in order to be able to use the modern highways that is MY choice. I could choose to do without it.
And Yes I have done without for extended periods of time.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 07:03:00 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 05:29:39 am »

That's only true if you are willing to be caged or murdered to make that choice. Control, at the point of a gun, is different than ownership. If you got along without the "license," what caused you to get it at another time? I can pretty well guarantee you that choosing to walk down a street in Chicago, openly armed with a rifle, will get you killed by the state.

The state may have more or less "control," but does not actually own you - unless you abdicate that ownership to them as well.   

As long as most people don't recognize their natural self ownership, they remain slaves and are mostly eager to make sure everyone else remains a slave. Do they comply because they really, really want to? Or do they comply because they are not ready to die just yet? As more people see the bad choices for what they are and begin to resist, perhaps they can understand self ownership.

Currawong

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 09:36:15 pm »

"Government by the people for the people"and lo and behold the State was born! You turn on your computer
and you buy into the State.You post your letter you enter a contract of trust with the State.
The State is an idea thought up by humans initially for right honourable motives and hopes; to help,to aid
'the people'. But the idea has become corrupted like the proverbial apple in the barrel.Now it has lost control of it's arms, legs and limbs that it lumbers through our lives with.

The original idea as an ideal still exists but underneath this mask of civility and common concern lies
a monster which wants to control,to run,to own.

One possible answer is to grab control of every second of our existence and make it meaningful,and full
and loving.But that's a very difficult ask especially if you work for the State as I have done.Because you are part of the monster
that you're trying to escape from.So think again: the State owns us.We choose voluntarily in our everyday lives to be owned by the State.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 06:46:10 am »

the State owns us.We choose voluntarily in our everyday lives to be owned by the State.

I don't accept that for a moment. Not true at all, unless you want it to be. And then, you can only choose for yourself.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 10:25:39 am »

I own me, sometimes I have to compromise with the state to get what I want or need, but that is more like doing business than accepting they own me.........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

gunslinger598

« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 10:36:45 am »

Because "the state" does anything doesn't imply ownership at all. Other beings & entities do exist that neither implies ownership. Any other such thought is more than absurd.

If you tease a snake & it bites you may die. The snake don't own you. However you can exist free in the snakes environment, just don't step on it. Common sense ..

Lonewolf72

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2013, 03:56:43 pm »

Currawong, by your reasoning, then, if I hold you at gunpoint and make you drive me somewhere, or do something for me, I then own you. (At least that is how I am understanding it.)

Not gonna happen, here.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2013, 10:51:28 am »

"You turn on your computer
and you buy into the State.You post your letter you enter a contract of trust with the State."
 :bs:
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

BranchMaster

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2013, 11:24:26 pm »

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 02:15:20 pm by BranchMaster »

Tipitaka

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2013, 04:36:23 am »

Nobody but me holds legitimate claim to my life, liberty, property, or possessions. Not government leaders, not Gods, not my parents, not the clubs I subscribe to, not any political party or religious organization; nobody but me, myself, and I.

However, there are illegitimate claims resulting in de-facto slavery.

"That we were slaves I had known all my life — and nothing could be done about it. True, we weren't bought and sold — but as long as Authority held monopoly over what we had to have and what we could sell to buy it, we were slaves." ~Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - Chapter 2 page 31

"To be governed is to be watched over, inspected, spied on, directed, legislated at, regulated, docketed, indoctrinated, preached at, controlled, assessed, weighed, censored, ordered about, by men who have neither the right, nor the knowledge, nor the virtue. ... To be governed is to be at every operation, at every transaction, noted, registered, enrolled, taxed, stamped, measured, numbered, assessed, licensed, authorized, admonished, forbidden, reformed, corrected, punished. It is, under the pretext of public utility, and in the name of the general interest, to be placed under contribution, trained, ransomed, exploited, monopolized, extorted, squeezed, mystified, robbed; then, at the slightest resistance, the first word of complaint, to be repressed, fined, despised, harassed, tracked, abused, clubbed, disarmed, choked, imprisoned, judged, condemned, shot, deported, sacrificed, sold, betrayed; and, to crown all, mocked, ridiculed, outraged, dishonoured. That is government; that is its justice; that is its morality." ~Pierre-Joseph Proudhon - Idée Générale de la Révolution au XIXe Siècle [The General Idea of the Revolution] (1851); quoted in The Anarchists (1964) by James Joll, Ch. 3, p. 78

That doesn't mean that I have to accept things as they are.

"I will accept any rules that you feel necessary to your freedom. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." ~Robert A. Heinlein, The Moon is a Harsh Mistress - chapter and verse unknown

"I stand ready to negotiate, but I want no part of laws: I acknowledge none; I protest against every order with which some authority may feel pleased on the basis of some alleged necessity to over-rule my free will. Laws: We know what they are, and what they are worth! They are spider webs for the rich and mighty, steel chains for the poor and weak, fishing nets in the hands of government." ~Pierre-Joseph Proudhon, "The Authority Principle" in No Gods, No Masters : An Anthology of Anarchism (1980) Daniel Guérin, as translated by Paul Sharkey (1998), p. 90

"Government by the people for the people"and lo and behold the State was born!

"When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called "the People's Stick."" ~Mikhail Alexandrovich Bakunin

Sales taxes are unavoidable, but all other supports of the state, I have withdrawn. And all while playing the game as it were. I have broken no laws in so doing.

heyoka

• flunked out of Freedom University
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2013, 10:14:30 am »

^^^^^^
Well said Tipitaka
I've live most of my adult life as an "outlaw", over some damned thing or another. In my dotage I try to avoid it, when possible.
When it's not possible, it's weightless on my mind.
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. - Groucho Marx

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2013, 11:46:02 am »

Nobody but me holds legitimate claim to my life, liberty, property, or possessions. Not government leaders, not Gods, not my parents, not the clubs I subscribe to, not any political party or religious organization; nobody but me, myself, and I.

However, there are illegitimate claims resulting in de-facto slavery.

Sorry, but as far as I'm concerned, there are no legitimate claims on my self ownership. Period. Choosing not to die at the hands of the robber is not the same thing as consenting to be robbed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up