The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Topical Home Remedies the Easy Way  (Read 645 times)

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
Topical Home Remedies the Easy Way
« on: August 09, 2012, 01:51:57 pm »

<snip>What will you do when tubes of triple antibiotic cream is no longer as close as the pharmacy department of the nearest Wal-Mart?

With a little study and preparation, you’ll make your own, of course. I have a child with numerous allergies and sensitivities, so even now, with the commercial salves readily available, I prefer the peace of mind that comes from making my own topical remedies so that I know every single ingredient contained within.

Salves and balms are very simple and can be made in a few easy steps.  They have two basic components – the base and the healing herbs.

Step 1: Create a Base for Your Salve Base

More: http://readynutrition.com/resources/topical-home-remedies-the-easy-way_03082012/

</snip>
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Topical Home Remedies the Easy Way
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 02:15:00 pm »

I don't use ANY "anti-biotic" creams...  Never have.

Topical home remedies in my house:

(Remember that all essential oils need to be diluted well with a carrier oil. Never use them alone! Never use them in the eyes or ingest them.)

Oregano - used for many things and is especially good for cuts, burns and scrapes.
Lemon Eucalyptus - soothing for respiratory conditions, irritations. DO NOT ingest. Put a drop or two into two cups boiling water and inhale vapors.  Also, a drop on a cotton ball - then placed inside the pillow case - will help ease respirations.
Camphor - add a drop of camphor to the eucalyptus and boiling water if you have heavy mucous and cough.
Combine eucalyptus, camphor, sweet birch and a few crushed mustard seeds with a tablespoon of petroleum jelly. Apply to chest and back for a cold with cough and congestion. Cover with a warm shirt and go to bed. A drop of nutmeg oil in it is also very warming.

Lavender - one drop to a tablespoon of grape seed or other light oil. Apply sparingly to treat minor burns or scrapes in children. Very soothing and won't sting. Also good to rub into face, neck and scalp for a headache.

Peppermint - mix one or two drops essential oil into tepid water in a spray bottle. Apply to hair and body for a quick cool down when you are hot and sweaty but can't take a shower. In humid weather, dry off after a shower, then spray the peppermint on and air dry.

There are more, but these are the ones I use most.

The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up