The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DEA forgets engineering student. Locked in cell for 5 days...  (Read 2014 times)

Wild Bill

• If I die, then I die free.

Short version:

DEA raided a house in University City, CA.  Said it was an "extacy raid". 

An engineering student, named Chong, was at the raided house.  He was arrested by the DEA and tossed into a cell no larger than your average bathroom. 

Then, they left him there.

No water.

No food.

No contact.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/01/11486325-student-in-dea-custody-forgotten-without-food-or-water-for-days?lite

For 5 days.

The kid ended up being discovered by a DEA "employee" (gov-speak for "janitor"?) in the tiny cell, where he was unresponsive.  Kid spent 3 days in the ICU with his kidneys failing because of dehydration..

Good Lord....

This kid is gonna be rich beyond his wildest dreams... and I hope several DEAthugs get the big middle finger.
On this lonely road, trying to make it home. Doing it by my lonesome. Pissed off- who wants some?
I'm fighting for my soul, God get at your boy.
You try to Bogart- fall back, I go hard.
On this lonely road, trying to make it home. Doing it by my lonesome. Pissed off- who wants some?
I see them long hard times to come.

-Theme from Justified

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: DEA forgets engineering student. Locked in cell for 5 days...
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 01:03:22 pm »

This kid is gonna be rich beyond his wildest dreams... and I hope several DEAthugs get the big middle finger.

Or... he could just get much more conveniently dead... hospitals are very dangerous places, you know. :(

Who is his advocate now? Without a good one, he's probably toast.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Wild Bill

• If I die, then I die free.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2012, 05:57:32 pm »

Or... he could just get much more conveniently dead... hospitals are very dangerous places, you know. :(

Who is his advocate now? Without a good one, he's probably toast.

Saw him and his Mouthpiece this morning on Fawkes Nooze... the Lawyer seems competant.  Of course, the DEAthugs issued an "apology" to the kid..

Fuck their "apology".. he almost died.  I wish him luck and I hope he OWNS the damn DEA when this is all over... and I hope several thugs get their walking papers, if not served with criminal charges..

I'm fighting for my soul, God get at your boy.
You try to Bogart- fall back, I go hard.
I see them long hard times to come.

-Theme from Justified

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 01:26:52 am »

Unfortunately, heads won't roll. It'll be more like "Dang, he should've died already, would've been cheaper." And it'll end up being business as usual.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 04:02:06 pm »

that is too weird. I'm at work. between calls kinda jumping back and forth between here and LRC. I had just read through this thread, jumped back over there to the article I had already clicked on, but not started to read
http://lewrockwell.com/grigg/grigg-w257.html
The Everyday Evil of America’s Torture State

by William Norman Grigg

After Daniel Chong was arrested in a federal drug raid, he wasn’t taken to Gitmo. Instead, the Feds thoughtfully arranged to bring Gitmo to him, nearly torturing him to death in the process.

Chong, a senior at the University of California-San Diego, was one of nine people swept up in an April 21 narcotics raid by the Drug Enforcement Administration. After his arrest he spent four hours handcuffed in a cell before being questioned. One of the agents who questioned Chong described him as someone who was "in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Following the interrogation, the student was told that he would be released and provided with paperwork to sign. He was then handcuffed and put into a five-by-ten-foot detention cell, where he was held for five days in conditions that qualify as torture under any rational reading of either domestic or international law.

The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

mouse

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 04:39:06 am »

Well, I guess Wild Bill might be right.  Has to be "awarded" the money first though.  Even if this happens, hmmn, let me think!  What is wrong with this picture?  The DEA leaving someone shackled, in a cell for five days without food or water, causing dehydration, kidney failure, cramps and a perforated esophagus, nobody is held accountable and "compensation" is paid out of someone else's money?  Sounds like a win/win for the DEA.

http://rt.com/usa/news/student-chong-cell-dea-548/

Forgotten student files $20-million lawsuit

­A 23-year-old college student is asking the US Drug Enforcement Agency to compensate him with $20 million after federal agents abandoned him in an empty jail cell for nearly five days without food or water — and without filing charges.

snip
The DEA has offered an apology to Chong .... (Wow!  An apology, that makes everything bad go away then, doesn't it)

snip

mouse

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2015, 06:26:38 am »

Well I guess we all knew this would happen.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2015/05/05/dea-agents-wrongly-jailed-student-for-5-days-without-food-or-water-until-he-had-to-drink-own-urine-nobody-fired/
snip

The Department of Justice letter said that DEA officials forwarded a report on the incident to a disciplinary board, the Board of Professional Conduct, without conducting its own investigation. The board issued four reprimands to DEA agents and a suspension without pay for five days to another. The supervisor in charge at the time was given a seven-day suspension.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. If you have a criminal mind and lack ethics, yet aren’t sharp enough to be a TBTF banker, the best place to look for employment is within a Federal agency. You can pretty much engage in unlimited criminality without any repercussions. The DEA and TSA may provide particularly good opportunities for unbridled shadiness.

snip

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2015, 01:47:14 pm »

First the long wait while the public forgets.
Then the pro forma slap on the wrist.
Finally the agent will be quietly promoted.

"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

RVM45

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2015, 04:44:58 pm »

Time for Profanity.

Dickheads and Assholes!

HMMMmmnnn…..?

Dickheads & Egregious Assholes = DEA

…..RVM45

BIG PS:

HMMMmmnnn……?

Assholes & Tallywacker Fondlers= ATF
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:52:58 pm by RVM45 »
There are only Two Types of People in the World:

A.} Folks who are after my Guns;

And;

B.} Folks who Are Not after my Guns.

Nothing Else Matters.

Silver

• thrivalist
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2015, 09:06:16 am »

Scott Greenfield had a nice take on this atrocity.  It's a short blog post, well worth reading.

The $4.1M Accident That Can Never Happen

But then, it’s not about money, nor whether the next guy gets $5.1 or $1.1 million. It’s about a system that confers the authority to do this to a person such that a death might result because somebody simply forgot. The authority to do this to a person cannot, ever, be contingent on the weakest of human frailties, and that something happened that can never happen makes clear that they are unworthy of the power they have been given.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2015, 05:37:45 pm »

I'm tempted to revive my "No More Cages" site, devoted to ending the concept of prison, completely. But I'm sick of blowing into the gale and expecting it to make a difference. No more taxes. No more criminalizing vice. No more state. So obvious once you get there. So impossible for most people brainwashed from childhood to grok.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair
Pages: [1]   Go Up