The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MAD COW Disease  (Read 1777 times)

crepemyrtle357

MAD COW Disease
« on: June 03, 2008, 08:22:45 am »

Supposedly in the US most beef for US consumtion is slaughtered at 18 months or less because the animals can't have bse or it does not show up at such a young age.  But according to some searches I've done this is not quite true. It depends on the strain.

It is very understandable why the S. Korean people might be upset.

http://www.51voa.com/VOA_Standard_English/VOA_Standard_English_21723.html
Bowing to Protests, S. Korea Imposes New Conditions on US Beef Imports
By Kurt Achin
Seoul
03 June 2008

Achin report - Download (MP3) audio clip
Achin report - Listen (MP3) audio clip

South Korea is seeking to ease some domestic irritation, with a move that could complicate American-Korean trade relations. Seoul is amending its promise to resume U.S. beef imports by imposing new trade conditions aimed at placating political critics of the South Korean president. VOA Seoul Correspondent Kurt Achin reports.

In what he described as a "humble acceptance of the people's will," South Korean Agriculture Minister Chung Woon-chun announced a new set of limitations on plans to import U.S. beef.

[Edited to add link and remove excess quote]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:21:49 am by MamaLiberty »
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind." Einstein

mutti

• Mutti
Re: MAD COW Disease
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 07:13:59 pm »

Here we go again: Infected cow found in California  http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_MAD_COW_CALIFORNIA?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-04-24-18-05-45
A senior manager with a California rendering company said Tuesday a cow at its Hanford, Calif., transfer station tested positive for mad cow disease.

Dennis Luckey, executive vice president of Baker Commodities in Los Angeles, told The Associated Press the disease was discovered after workers selected the cow for random sampling.

The sample was taken from the dead cow's carcass on April 18 at a hide-removal site, he said.

"This animal happened to be one that we randomly selected," Luckey said.
On April 19, a lab at the University of California, Davis reported that its test on the sample was inconclusive, he said.

The sample was then sent on to the Agriculture Department, which confirmed on Tuesday that the cow is the fourth discovered in the United States to test positive for the disease.

...and except for CFOs which already trace their critters because it is tax deductible the rest of "us" looked like we might get a pass on NAIT.

...and the USDA specifically forbids small farmers from testing.

http://www.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?topic=10259.msg129267#msg129267
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »

Perhaps just time to turn up the heat so panic can help the USDA, etc. impose more tracking rules and mass destruction of livestock...

Might this just be another false flag event?
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 02:59:20 pm »

Might this just be another false flag event?

It might. I guess that's what concerns me. What does a not false flag look like anymore?

Well - better find something better to do with my time (panic  :panic:).
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 03:21:40 pm »

What does a not false flag look like anymore?

Generally speaking, I'd say it could be anything reported as "fact" by the MSM and government...   with the clincher being that it is phrased in a way to increase unease, anxiety, fear, avoidance of things, increase surveillance and tracking,  - all that stuff. And it's almost always something none of us can do a single thing to refute or fight.

Well - better find something better to do with my time (panic  :panic:).

Helping young people, especially those with life quality issues, find joy and accomplishment.  In other words, what you usually do. And do so well. :)  :love4:
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.
Pages: [1]   Go Up