The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adobe Flash v11.2 and Above Will Only Be Available For Chrome Browser on Linux  (Read 4396 times)

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.

I have Java disabled right now and everything I want to work is doing so fine.... A firefox developer tool allows me to toggle Javascript, Java, Flash, Silverlight, Cookies, Images, Animated Images (GIF for example), and either plain or fancy website viewing to reduce required bandwidth...

Greasemonkey?
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org

Yep, check out the magic, HTML5 brings back what we used to be able to do with a simple media file  and a source tag!

What's even more amazing is that we now buy computers and turn them into dumb terminals and call it "cloud computing"*L*
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.

Yep, check out the magic, HTML5 brings back what we used to be able to do with a simple media file  and a source tag!

What's even more amazing is that we now buy computers and turn them into dumb terminals and call it "cloud computing"*L*

Shhhhh!!!  That's a trade secret, don'tcha know?

(Couldn't agree with you more, though, drives me bonkers, I'm sure there's government money there to centralize stupid people's data for easier cracking (in encryption cases) and surveillance (in plaintext cases)... that'd be my guess.)
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator

Well back about a decade ago, right on this forum I believe.........I said that the day would come when a computer would be completely useless without an internet connection..........and that ALL application software as well as data storage would be available only by subscription.

What's this "cloud computing" all about other than just that?

But then again, look at the bright side..........all the apps you know and love along with Gigs of free storage for only $39.95 a month.......all brought to you via the latest greatest Flash enabled web browser........and all you gotta' do is leave that little checkbox marked "I wish to participate me in your demographic data collection studies" checked.*L*
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

gaurdduck

My flash plugins for firefox keep crashing and I can't figure out why. Everything is updated.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator

Try dumping your browser cache and deleting your history.......then "hard" reboot your computer and try again......leave it powered off for at least three minutes.....

gaurdduck

Try dumping your browser cache and deleting your history.......then "hard" reboot your computer and try again......leave it powered off for at least three minutes.....

dumped the cache, will do the hard reeboot in a bit and let you know how it works out. gonna leave it off for a few hours just to be safe

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator

Well apparently that either fixed it, or it wasn't too important to begin with.*grins*

gaurdduck

It was fixed. I can now watch anime and listen to internet radio again.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag

Is there a reliable replacement for Adobe Reader?

I have been using Adobe 8 but now FireFox has decided that "older versions" are not safe and are being disabled by Mozilla/FireFox itself.

I am looking for a Small footprint version of the basic reader and flash player.

Suggestions?

edit to add:  I am running FireFox on an older Win XP OS.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:16:28 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom

Sounds like tech service at my ISP:

Your DSL modem is on fire? Disconnect your wifi router, reboot your computer, turn off the modem for at least ten seconds, and turn it back on.

Or Apple, pre OS x:

There's smoke coming out of your computer? Reset the parameter RAM.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead

Is there a reliable replacement for Adobe Reader?

I have been using Adobe 8 but now FireFox has decided that "older versions" are not safe and are being disabled by Mozilla/FireFox itself.

I am looking for a Small footprint version of the basic reader and flash player.

Suggestions?

edit to add:  I am running FireFox on an older Win XP OS.

Foxit reader works well, has highlight functions etc

Can go into setting to remove the ad when you use the highlighter tool
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

http://tthelastcause.blogspot.com/

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......

I have been using foxit for years. no problems at all.  There was a file going around my group of friends, everyone using adobe caught the virus from, foxit was apparently immune......

Yeah my immediate thought was making room for HTML 5, and then further thought about the "Net Top" computer craze like the "No child left unlinked" computers led me to the conspiracy road starts here signs.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

padre29

• Cavaliere d' Onore
  • Civily Dead

I have been using foxit for years. no problems at all.  There was a file going around my group of friends, everyone using adobe caught the virus from, foxit was apparently immune......

Yeah my immediate thought was making room for HTML 5, and then further thought about the "Net Top" computer craze like the "No child left unlinked" computers led me to the conspiracy road starts here signs.

Adobe is obnoxious, what a bloated piece of crap that .pdf reader is, foxit can be 3 mb's and read .pdf's fine, adobe is 100 mb's or more with "Active Content" which really blows.
Video in Venitur

Gotblog?

http://tthelastcause.blogspot.com/

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag

I have downloaded [but not yet installed] Sumatra 2.2.1 [pdf reader writer] and a ytplayer.
I will got back and get the latest Foxit version and download it as well.
Then I can have a backup should I decide to do that.

The ytplayer mentioned above is [hopefully] to replace the Adobe Flash player.

Any experienced opinions on that subject?

BTW ... Thanks for the feedback.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up