The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Un-Shredded Docs  (Read 1668 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Un-Shredded Docs
« on: December 06, 2011, 03:01:25 am »

Now there is a way to un-shred documents.

http://www.gizmag.com/darpa-shredder-challenge-solved/20732/

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." ĖMayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

Cathryn

• Outlaw Anarcho-Capitalist
  • I govern myself-and never consent to be governed
Re: Un-Shredded Docs
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 10:32:58 am »

Well, they're still not going to get anywhere with mine.  Shred, burn, flush.  Reconstruct THAT, DARPA!

Darpa, darpa, darrrrrrr.......

Sorry, Darpa brings out the worst in me lately.

Cathryn
III
Damn the typos, full speed ahead!

defenestrate

• TEOTWAWKI
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 11:45:36 am »

I highly recommend fire for sensitive documents.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 09:24:22 pm »

Shred, then make into fuel pellets, probably enough damage there to prevent reassembly, especially if it get a good stir in the process.  Papercrete would be the concept without the cement and other additives, just paper water, stir and compression.   Adding in some shredded newspaper would also probably work wonders.........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.¬  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.¬  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Polearm

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 10:16:47 am »

So, a computer program to do the unshred and reconstruct.  Interesting.

Beats the Iranian method.  After the US Embassy in Tehran was taken over by the Irainians, all the bags of shreddies were seized.  These were reconstructed by all of the carpet makers in the country (or reconstructed enough to determine if it needed to be completely done). 

This is probably one of the reasons the cross cut shredder was created.  All my "sensitive" stuff goes into one.
R.J.
audax et celer

Adventurer, Explorer, Inquiring Mind.

• Given up.
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2011, 02:43:16 pm »

Actually if you have a chance, mix it in with your mulch pile after shredding and burning.  The juices from rotting substances will react very quickly with the paper ashes and if someone can put that together, I haven't met them.  The chemical damage done by decomposition microorganisms will pretty much cancel out any magic they can perform, short of this world being a simulation and the bastards being aided by the "Computer is a cheating bastard" trope.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up