The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fwd: In case you need a bit of humor  (Read 2524 times)

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
Fwd: In case you need a bit of humor
« on: February 22, 2011, 01:37:21 am »

The article mentions TMM...  :mellow:

Fwd: In case you need a bit of humor:

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_b84a8e2a-3e47-11e0-b982-001cc4c03286.html

Gary Marbut, president
Montana Shooting Sports Association
http://www.mtssa.org
author, Gun Laws of Montana
http://www.mtpublish.com

----------------------------

Marbut's 'tinkerbell' label angers Montana Human Rights Network organizer

By GWEN FLORIO of the Missoulian | Posted: Monday, February 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Jamee Greer is used to controversy.
As an organizer for the Montana Human Rights Network, he helped spearhead last spring's hard-fought and ultimately successful campaign for the Missoula ordinance that banned discrimination against gay, lesbian, transgendered and transsexual people.

So when he saw the reference to him in a lengthy e-mail sent far and wide by Montana Shooting Sports Association president Gary Marbut concerning in part a bill providing for a Home Guard, Greer's first reaction was to laugh.

It read: "There was no opposition to HB 278 (well, the tinkerbell from the Montana Human Rights Network was there for comic relief but he was unable to articulate anything that got any traction)." ...<snip>...

[HB 278 is the Home Guard bill]

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
Re: Fwd: In case you need a bit of humor
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 05:48:15 am »

He is an "Oughta be a law" type and can't see past that.  That is exactly why he is inconsequential- he will not take responsibility for his own saftey............  A Tinkerbell in peter pan is giving this guy too much credit..........

What ever your lifestyle preference no one is likely to pick on you casually if they have reason to think -or proof- that you are armed.  So how is anyones right being taken away?  The guy is obviously suffering from that dementia displayed in Robin Williams "Bird Cage" movie of the basket case partner.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.¬  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.¬  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

freewoman

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 06:01:52 pm »

This was the line I thought was rich:

We're certainly the target of a lot of misinformation.

"Misinformation" is exactly Mr. Greer's forte, and the primary product of the MHRN, from what I've been able to see.

BTW, I took the context of Gary's "Tinkerbell" reference as a depiction of someone who makes noise, but doesn't really say much.  But then, I've been subjected to Peter Pan too often (one of my daughter's favorite movies), so perhaps that has influenced my view.

I really don't care what Mr. Greer's preference is.  As far as I'm concerned, sexual matters among consenting adults should not be legislated at all.  I do object to the idea that sexual preference should be protected by law (whether that is heterosexual or homosexual).   

jamie

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2011, 08:32:56 pm »

The real Tinkerbell was a cool fairy and stayed out of politics.  This guy strikes me as  a mean collectivist fairy. So I think Gary ought to rethink that.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 02:54:16 pm »

The real Tinkerbell was a cool fairy and stayed out of politics.  This guy strikes me as  a mean collectivist fairy. So I think Gary ought to rethink that.

Seconded.
And add: ' , greedy, selfish'  - between mean and collectivist.

"This guy strikes me as  a mean, greedy, selfish collectivist fairy."

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 05:02:33 pm »

Are there fairies from the Dark Side?  MHRN would be a good place to look for those.

iloilo

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 06:22:53 pm »

There are no dark side fairies, and fairies never, ever waste time on anything having to do with politics.
Too busy tossing fairy dust in the direction of good, and fairy darts in the direction of bad.
No dark fairies, and no political fairies.

Fairy leadership goes to those who don't mind the responsibilities, especially since no authority goes with the leadership.  And leaders never, ever initiate force against anyone, or delegate its initiation.

Fairies are free, fearless, and intend to stay that way.
*<twinkle>*
feralfae

Junker

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 09:29:55 pm »

ffff?

free, fearless feralfae

:laugh:
Pages: [1]   Go Up