The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: On Patriotism  (Read 3405 times)

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required
On Patriotism
« on: June 13, 2011, 04:02:37 pm »

This is obvious when the USSA deems it necessary to bad-mouth whoever's next in line.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Patriotism.shtml

On Patriotism
Examining the Firmware of War

Date

May 23, 2011

Patriotism is everywhere thought to be a virtue rather than a mental disorder. I don’t get it.

If I told the Rotarians or an American Legion hall that “John is a patriot,” all would approve greatly of John. If I told them that patriotism was nothing more than the loyalty to each other of dogs in a pack, they would lynch me. Patriotism, they believe, is a Good Thing.

Of course the Japanese pilots who attacked Pearl Harbor were patriots, as were the German soldiers who murdered millions in the Second World War. The men who brought down the towers in New York were patriots, though of a religious sort. Do we admire their patriotism?

Of course not. When we say “John is a patriot,” we mean “John is a reliable member of our dog pack,” nothing more. The pack instinct seems more ancient, and certainly stronger, than morality or any form of human decency. Thus, once the pack—citizenry, I meant to say—have been properly roused to a pitch of patriotism, they will, under cover of the most diaphanous pretexts, rape Nanking, bomb Hiroshima, kill the Jews or, if they are Jews, Palestinians. We are animals of the pack. We don’t admire patriotism. We admire loyalty to ourselves.
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY

Junker

Re: On Patriotism
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 06:29:50 pm »

Man's peak--
                    gangs and gang warfare

Straight from the Nazgul--

those top U.S. Gangsters ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dred_Scott_v._Sandford ):

Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393 (1857), was a ruling
    by the U.S. Supreme Court that people of African descent
    brought into the United States and held as slaves (or their
    descendants, whether or not they were slaves) were not
    protected by the Constitution and could never be U.S.
    citizens. The court also held that the U.S. Congress had
    no authority to prohibit slavery in federal territories and
    that, because slaves were not citizens, they could not sue
    in court. Furthermore, the Court ruled that slaves, as
    chattels or private property, could not be taken away
    from their owners without due process.

fixed typo

Mountain Prepper

• Observation, logic, communication, and acceptance is the only rational path.
  • Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 12:27:37 pm »

Of course the Japanese pilots who attacked Pearl Harbor were patriots, as were the German soldiers who murdered millions in the Second World War. The men who brought down the towers in New York were patriots, though of a religious sort. Do we admire their patriotism?

The Germans who “murdered millions” is likely a reference to security guards at concentration camps - most of them were there as a punishment (drunkenness, disorderly, bad conduct, etc) the average German infantry units including the SS were no more likely to commit “war crimes” than US soldiers - it is just that the Ailed soldiers rarely faced military courts for their actions. Winners take all after all.... None of us can afford to ignore facts anymore regardless of our desire to be “the good guys” and use propaganda over facts.

I am fairly convinced that the active participants of the 9/11 debacle were simply patsies for intelligence agencies (a mid-east foreign one in particular).

If they were working under religious delusion and “martyrdom” then it could fit in a similar way.

I can’t say that I am convinced that a humans strong belief in a delusion is all that admirable anymore, at one time I was, now I cannot say I hold that view anymore.
The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained apes owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever fixed because normal is both mediocre and cowardly.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 09:17:02 am »

Yeah, you have to maintain some sort of loyalty to yopur "Circle of Friends" or Clan, but at some point a line gets crossed, usually when some charismatic power hungry idiot turns it into Patriotism or Faith and starts violating ZAP and golden rule under the heading of "A group has more brains than the individual, or groups are less corruptible.....".   There is a Rubicon to cross when a gulch turns into a Barony/ County in the noble sense as well.......

Any group of humans can turn deliquent in their morals and ethics when you have a "groupmind" to cover for you since it allegedly has superhuman quality and authority.........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 09:53:16 pm »

Fred sure does hit that "nail head" pretty squarely most times.

IMHO
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

mouse

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 04:03:27 am »

The men who brought down the towers in New York were patriots, though of a religious sort. Do we admire their patriotism?

I just can't let that one go.  I hope we all know by now that "religion" had nothing to do with "bringing down the towers in NY".  We are falling into a trap if we accept that in any way, it seems to have been snuck into the article and should have been picked up.  Or maybe it should have read "the men who brought down the towers in NY and murdered more than 3000 people and thousands more to come in the war they created by doing so and the resultant chemical mess they created by their actions, were also patriots.  But patriots to their own cause, the cause of creating wealth for themselves and their 'pack'.  They had to kill Americans for that cause, but they won, so do we commend them for that?".  They won because stupid people like the writer of this article is making sure that they did.

jamie

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 08:32:37 pm »

The Germans who “murdered millions” is likely a reference to security guards at concentration camps - most of them were there as a punishment (drunkenness, disorderly, bad conduct, etc) the average German infantry units including the SS were no more likely to commit “war crimes” than US soldiers - it is just that the Ailed soldiers rarely faced military courts for their actions. Winners take all after all.... None of us can afford to ignore facts anymore regardless of our desire to be “the good guys” and use propaganda over facts.

I am fairly convinced that the active participants of the 9/11 debacle were simply patsies for intelligence agencies (a mid-east foreign one in particular).

If they were working under religious delusion and “martyrdom” then it could fit in a similar way.

I can’t say that I am convinced that a humans strong belief in a delusion is all that admirable anymore, at one time I was, now I cannot say I hold that view anymore.

I always thought that there were two distinctly different units in the SS.  The Waffen SS who comprised the fighting units and the concentration camp guards IIRC the SD and various other non combatants like the gestapo. Most of the soldiers punished for "crimes" such as you describe were put into penal battalions.  These  were put on the front lines. Germany had a manpower shortage but like everywhere else would hardly lack for concentration camp guards and the like.

I quite agree with your point about war crimes by combatants anyway.  I read a book once published by the Wehrmacht war crimes bureau which detailed some war crimes against the Germans. But then they lost the war so no one cares.

Mountain Prepper

• Observation, logic, communication, and acceptance is the only rational path.
  • Crafty Mountain Coyote
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 01:10:17 am »

I always thought that there were two distinctly different units in the SS.  The Waffen SS who comprised the fighting units and the concentration camp guards IIRC the SD and various other non combatants like the gestapo. Most of the soldiers punished for "crimes" such as you describe were put into penal battalions.  These  were put on the front lines. Germany had a manpower shortage but like everywhere else would hardly lack for concentration camp guards and the like.

I quite agree with your point about war crimes by combatants anyway.  I read a book once published by the Wehrmacht war crimes bureau which detailed some war crimes against the Germans. But then they lost the war so no one cares.

You are correct about several distinctly different “units” (1939-40) the point was that guard duty was not something one actually volunteered for and that it was often a place for “unfit for duty” assignments and the reasons were many.

You could make a lifetime educational investment studying the details of just parts of that war and the surrounding politics.
The majority of the populace remains willfully and blissfully ignorant of the fact that they are simply trained apes owned by the oligarchy. The act of voting is only another delusion to distract, similar to sports, controlled media manipulation, and religion. Nothing is ever fixed because normal is both mediocre and cowardly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up