The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: McConnell: Casey Anthony Verdict Shows Terrorist Suspects Should Not Receive Rea  (Read 3132 times)

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required

This is quite absurd, even from this sorry excuse for a human. So many easily lead sheeple are very upset at this verdict. IMO, they got all worked up about this trial when the MSM used it for their latest diversion.

http://jonathanturley.org/2011/07/11/mcconnell-casey-anthony-verdict-should-bar-terrorist-suspects-from-receiving-federal-trials/#more-36987

McConnell: Casey Anthony Verdict Shows Terrorist Suspects Should Not Receive Real Trials

Many have objected that the Casey Anthony trial and verdict has displaced attention to every thing from three wars to a growing economic crisis. Now, however, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has suggested that the impact of the Anthony verdict may extend to national security trials and serve as an excuse to deny terrorism defendants a federal trial. McConnell stated that the verdict shows that we cannot trust our court system in trying terrorism suspects. The clear import is that we should use the widely ridiculed military tribunal system because we cannot risk defendants actually prevailing in court./SNIP
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY

iloilo

[sarcasm]
If a government prosecutor, paid with stolen tax money, tells the jury that someone is guilty, the jurors must trust the tax-paid prosecutor, who is, after all, a person of Authoritah.  We could truly simplify this entire process, and just let the tax-paid prosecutor tell his case to the tax-paid judge, who could declare a tax-paid verdict, and send the defendant off to a tax-supported prison. 

How simple that would make the entire process!   Guilty if anyone points a finger at you.  We don't need no stinkin' jury!  Who wants justice, anyway?  We want good entertainment, don't we?
[/sarcasm]

There is no fact, no truth, so sacred that robbers and their tax-eating cohorts will not try to find ways to turn that fact to their advantage by covering it in the slime and excrement of their lies. 
Yuk.
ff

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required

There is no fact, no truth, so sacred that robbers and their tax-eating cohorts will not try to find ways to turn that fact to their advantage by covering it in the slime and excrement of their lies.

Well said!
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY

Bear

• Curious Bear

If he is successful in preventing  trials because the outcome may not be
to the government's liking, then we have already suffered more damage
than any terrorist could hope to accomplish: The Republic is dead.

Bear
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

freewoman

Living in Florida at present, I've absorbed some of this junk by osmosis; the news on it is everywhere, though I rarely watch the news and generally just skim through the paper.  I must say that, as an advocate of fully-informed juries, I was proud of what the jurors in the Anthony case accomplished (though this was not strictly a fully-informed jury case, since the legality of the primary statutes involved--murder in various degrees--was not in question).  They listened to the evidence presented to them.  They set aside their personal disgust of the young lady being tried, as well as their discomfort over the fact that a little girl was dead.  They decided that the prosecution had not proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt.  And they convicted the defendant only on those charges of which the prosecution proved, to their satisfaction, the defendant was guilty.  The jurors are now facing death threats and other lesser discomforts, simply for standing up for EVERYONE'S Constitutional right to a fair trial.  This case points out the fact that American jurisprudence isn't supposed to be based on emotion; it's supposed to be based on fact.  And if Ms. Anthony did not receive a fair trial, based on fact and not emotion, regardless of her lies, then the entire system is a sham.  The real shame in this is that many folks who don't have the fancy lawyers and the hyped-up media coverage don't get the same unbiased treatment by the jury--and most people really don't care.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org

This is actually a VERY important decision in that the jury itself has been nullified.

This just wiped out the entire concept of a jury trial.

Folks here babble constantly about "the warning signs"...............well, this has GOT to be the biggest and loudest warning sign out there, because without the jury, all hell's going to break loose as government is now free to "loot and shoot"anyone and everyone that it so decides is a good target.....
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Bennie

I was surprised to see the weasel-head slimeball Bill O'Reilly actually state his disgust with what Mitch McConnel said.

I was also surprised when I saw Geraldo Rivera being frequently interviewed during and especially after the trial. He took a lot of crap for standing up for the jury system. He had the guts to repeatedly tell the talking heads how the system is supposed to be and why this case was so important to understand "why" we have this system. He had no problem telling the emotional turds, who rallied against the jurors, that they should re-examine their understanding of what freedom and liberty is about.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom

Folks here babble constantly about "the warning signs"...............well, this has GOT to be the biggest and loudest warning sign out there, because without the jury, all hell's going to break loose as government is now free to "loot and shoot"anyone and everyone that it so decides is a good target.....

More importantly, the jury box is one of only three boxes preventing we the people from resorting to the cartridge box. Once enough people lose faith in the soap box, the ballot box, and the jury box, there's nothing left but war. No war is pretty. This one will be really bad.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

jamie

I don't remember anyone standing up for the jury and jury trials during the O.J. Simpson murder trial.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org

Jamie,

I don't stand up for "modern" jury trials now............and my reasoning came from old Lysander himself in that both sides are given the chance to "pack" a jury..........
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

mouse

I really never thought I'd see the day when someone would advocate, in all seriousness, getting rid of the justice system.  This is unreal!

Bring in lynch mobs, I say!  They will be the norm from now on.

jamie

This is quite absurd, even from this sorry excuse for a human. So many easily lead sheeple are very upset at this verdict. IMO, they got all worked up about this trial when the MSM used it for their latest diversion.

http://jonathanturley.org/2011/07/11/mcconnell-casey-anthony-verdict-should-bar-terrorist-suspects-from-receiving-federal-trials/#more-36987

McConnell: Casey Anthony Verdict Shows Terrorist Suspects Should Not Receive Real Trials

Many have objected that the Casey Anthony trial and verdict has displaced attention to every thing from three wars to a growing economic crisis. Now, however, Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has suggested that the impact of the Anthony verdict may extend to national security trials and serve as an excuse to deny terrorism defendants a federal trial. McConnell stated that the verdict shows that we cannot trust our court system in trying terrorism suspects. The clear import is that we should use the widely ridiculed military tribunal system because we cannot risk defendants actually prevailing in court./SNIP

Statist parasites like the old pol mcconnell should be reminded or perhaps taught that the "fed justice system" already has iirc a 95 or 96 percent conviction rate. But i guess he wants the last 4 percent as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up