The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Police Tasered truant girl, 12  (Read 8561 times)

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
Police Tasered truant girl, 12
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2004, 07:28:16 pm »

when did their safety and convenience start mattering more than ours?   :angry:
That's a rhetorical question, right?
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Desertrat

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2004, 07:58:57 pm »

Hi, there, boys and girls!

:D

Naw, this one, I think the cop lost his (?) mind (?).  No excuse.

Got to thinking:  She's running; he's running.  Taser?  He's gotta be staying pretty close, right?  I realize that squad-car waffle-butt his age might be totin' 40 or 50 extra pounds, but something's rotten in the State of Denmark or somewhere.

If she's "out-running" him, how is that he's close enough to use the Taser?

I've known a lot of cops.  The smart ones, generally, aren't on the "Obey me!  Right NOW!" trip.

'Rat

Dull'Hawk

• DullHawk.com
    • dullhawk.com
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2004, 08:00:45 pm »

Smart? Cops?!

Kent
Kent For Liberty

Firefly militia: millions strong, one at a time.

Declaration of Liberation: I hereby withdraw any and all consent (if, indeed, consent was ever given) to be subject to the whims of the murderous, criminal collective known as "government".

Desertrat

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2004, 09:27:32 pm »

Ever read Jim Wilson's column in "Shooting Times"?  Not only did he spend many years in law enforcement, he's a helluva picker and a fair song-writer.  I "coffee-up" with him from time to time; he's quite enjoyable.  http://www.sheriffjimwilson.com

I rode "Buddy Patrol" with the Austin PD, back in 1973.  I learned a lot, just riding along during the 3PM-11PM shift on Friday nights.  That's part of why I regard LEOs as most good, many indifferent, very few bad.

I've know the deputy sheriffs in my area for over 20 years.  One was probably Mensa-qualified.  The others have been danged nice guys.  A recent sheriff was a staunch Second Amendment supporter and an NRA member.

Over at The High Road, it seems like darned near half our moderators are LEOs.  Not quite, actually, but it seems so.  You oughta go to The Firing Line and search for "The Law Dog Files".  They're a hoot!  I've personally met several of THR's LEO mods; they're welcome at my house anytime.

No group is perfect.  Write that down and remember it.  That includes any Board on the Internet, too...

:), 'Rat

Jack21221

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2004, 10:17:03 pm »

Most cops choose a career that involves taking away the rights of people that harm nobody but themselves, enforcing seat belt laws, prostitution laws, and drug laws. I don't care if a cop has a good attitude while he is ordering me to pay 30 bucks to the state for not wearing a seat belt, he is still enforcing a sick law.  

byron

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2004, 11:11:57 pm »

We have had a rash of home invasion robberies the last 2 weeks. Not a day has gone by that these 2 and sometimes 3 guys dressed in black and ski masks with guns break into homes, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day.  These are really some bad dudes. Nobody has been shot, but some homeowners have been beaten. The news reports show one or two cops going to the house to take the report, after the fact.  The cop interviewed always says "these guys are armed and dangerous, don't resist, give up your belongings, it is not worth your life."

At the same time, cops are going around and lecturing people who leave their garage doors open while carrying in groceries or mowing the lawn.

Meanwhile, tonight, cops showed themselves using their  ploys and toys to make criminals out of teens. They have 7 cars positioned around town with keys in the ignition, The cars have cameras to show the thieves faces, in the cars, freaking out when the red lights come on. Cops are staking out the cars, and when the guys take off in the stolen car, the chase begins. If the guys really make a run for it, out come the spike sticks, and multiple cop cars making wild maneuvers to stop the thieves.  Two of the videos showed young teens making a run, being a danger to other unsupecting drivers, and skidding sideways when spike sticks flatten the tires. The cops get on camera with chests puffed, smile, and warn the viewers "do this and we will get you."

At the same time, cops in unmarked cars are sitting outside convenience stores ticketing those who run into the store and leave the keys in their cars or leave their car running.

We've all seen how cops set-up johns with female cop "prostitutes" , or entice people into buying a ten dollar bag of dope, on TV programs. Now some are car thieves. Some of these people  did not have a record before the cops set them up. I wonder how many of these people will be unable to get a decent job in the future, because of their records, and will become the next batch of home invasion robbers that cops can't seem to catch?  

ultralongrunner

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2004, 09:32:35 am »

Miami-Dade police said an officer should not have used a stun gun to stop a 12-year-old girl who was skipping school.
BY SUSANNAH A. NESMITH
snesmith@herald.com

I just wanna know when they kill a kid with a taser, what's going to happen?

Around here, the cops carry their tasers below their sidearms and are known to be quite quick to draw and zap.  The good news is that the ambulance service I work for isn't trained to remove the barbs, but the fire department is.  So the fire department gets called, not us... (unless they also got pepper maced).

ultralongrunner  

debeez

• The Deadly Nightshade
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2004, 09:54:34 am »

Probably about the same thing that will happen to the cop who shot that college kid in the eye with a pepper bullet...
Christine
Auto-Didact, Writer, and General Malcontent
http://thedeadlynightshade.com/
http://homeschooladvocate.org

ultralongrunner

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2004, 12:38:55 pm »

Probably about the same thing that will happen to the cop who shot that college kid in the eye with a pepper bullet...
You are right, probably nothing.  Heck, we've been killing people with tear gas/pepper spray for years without a cry of alarm.

If you are exposed to it enough, pepper spray doesn't work very well as the cops are finding out.  Sure it hurts, but it can be dealt with.  

I wonder what it would take to defeat tasers?  I did see someone so whacked out on cocaine that the taser made him smile as he kept fighting and wonder if given enough exposure or proper training/mindset, you could fight through the effects.

ultralongrunner

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2004, 01:43:14 pm »

greetings Mouse,

I figured you'd be a valued addition to this forum, primarilly because you seem to be able to put things into perspective, and question EVERYTHING.....and more importantly seem to be an honest person regardless of whether or whether it's not in your best interests to do so.......
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Desertrat

« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2004, 06:28:08 pm »

Gee, I guess I live in the wrong place.

Vignette:

Cowboy Doug arrives at the postoffice in his ancient pickup, simultaneously with the constable.  "Doug," sez the constable, "Your license plate's expired."  (For sure, it was.  About three years before.)

"Yeah, and I don't have any insurance or an inspection sticker, but don't tell the law."

"Doug, I AM the law."

"Well, forget I said anything."

"Okay."  And they walked on into the postoffice...

Nice to have folks interested in keeping the peace.  We're a little short on folks only interested in enforcing the law...

:), 'Rat

Jack Boone

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2004, 02:35:02 am »

I sure wish I lived where Desertrat lives, things are a lot different some other places.  

I have one question regarding tasering kids.    On the threads we have had here, the six year old was tasered in a school, the 12 year old was tasered for truancy.  

My question. Were either one of these tasered by regular officers, or by people who were specifically detailed to these particular jobs?  In other words, do cops detailed for school security even carry tasers? Or do cops detailed to truancy?  

In the long run, that's where we care about the next offense.  If we don't resist the idea of people detailed to these jobs carrying tasers, we won't be able to do much about the fact that some of their victims will die.  Sooner or later.  And using the pre-rehearsed excuse that it was done "for their safety".

A similar reason that Concealed Carry is now legal in Alaska without permit.  When it was done by permit, that fact was shown to the state trooper when he "ran the license" from his patrol car. So when he shot the driver in the back on a dark road, he would already have his reason prepared, that the whole incident was "for his safety" after the driver had "put the car into reverse" to "run over the trooper".

I repeat, sure wish I lived where desertrat does.  It would change my ideas a lot.

Jack Boone
"No government should declare war on its own people."
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up