The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 351   Go Down

Author Topic: Silly Stuff  (Read 555229 times)

SFriesth

Silly Stuff
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2004, 02:31:45 pm »

The personality test  - White Knight

The Flagon with Dragon has the brew that is true.

Scott

kbarrett

Silly Stuff
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2004, 04:02:11 pm »

Scientists at the Rand have created this model to illustrate how a "home computer" could look like in the year 2004.

I'm just wondering what the heck the big steering wheel is for.... :blink:
It was for the Naval vessel control room that the background was photoshopped out of.

"It must be true! I saw it on Internet!"
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 04:03:07 pm by kbarrett »
The psychology of “Projection”:  If you want to run people’s lives for them, then you will probably assume that any armed person wants to do the same to you. Scratch a victim-disarmament supporter, and you will always discover a fear-ridden control-freak.

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
Silly Stuff
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2004, 08:49:26 pm »

Funniest putdown I've heard all day:
He's so dumb he couldn't count his balls and come up with the same number twice!
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

Mac the Knife

• TAN$TAAFL
Silly Stuff
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2004, 08:58:32 pm »

Prime Minister. I will have to think on this. :unsure:

Your distinct personality, The Prime Minister might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You are a strategist who pursues the most efficient and logical path toward the realization of the goal that you perceive or visualize. You will often only associate with those people who can assist you in the implementation of your plan. Inept assistants may be immediately discarded as excess baggage. To do otherwise could be seen as inefficient and illogical. On the positive side, you can be rationally idealistic and analytically ideological. You can be a bold decision maker and risk taker who can move society ahead by years instead of minutes. On the negative side, you may be unmerciful, impatient, impetuous and impulsive. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms.

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable."~H.L. Mencken

First Freedom Outlaw Brigade Merchandise Store

ladylearning

Silly Stuff
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2004, 09:43:20 pm »

Somewhat Amusing personality test - I'm a "Discoverer" myself.
Dreamer-Minstral   :rolleyes:

LL

mantispid

• http://www.mantispid.com
Silly Stuff
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2004, 11:49:00 pm »

I too, am a Discoverer.

"The root of all corruption is the willingness to violate the peaceful free will of others." -mantispid

Mantispid's weblog, "The Free Mind".

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
Silly Stuff
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2004, 11:55:47 pm »

For a bunch of non-conformists, we seem to always test out about the same way too often. Gonna hafta work on that... <grin>  
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

Mr. Bill

Silly Stuff
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2004, 11:55:53 pm »

(This one is a few months old but I'll post it anyway:)

"As you may have heard, the U.S. is putting together a constitution for Iraq. Why don't we just give them ours? Think about it -- it was written by very smart people, it's served us well for over two hundred years, and besides, we're not using it anymore."
--Jay Leno

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
Silly Stuff
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2004, 11:57:24 pm »

Hmmmn... I am tempted to say that is too true to be funny. Depressing I don't need tonight...  :blink:  
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
Silly Stuff
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2004, 01:23:48 am »

Dan Rather ('Blather' Rather) was seated next to little Tommy on the plane when Rather turned to the boy and said, "Let's talk, I've heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passengers."

Little Tommy, who had just opened his book, closed it slowly, and said to Rather, "What would you like to discuss?"

"Oh, I don't know" said Rather, "How about politics? Should we keep Bush as president or elect Kerry?"

"OK" said Tommy, "That could be an interesting topic but let me ask you a question first. A horse, a cow and a deer all eat grass. The same  stuff. Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out flat patties, and a horse excretes clumps of dried grass. Why do you think that is?"

"Jeez" said Rather, "I have no idea."

"Well then" said  Tommy, "how is it you feel qualified to discuss who should run this country when you don't know shit?"

Nail it!

Amy, a blonde city girl, marries a farmer.  One morning, before he goes out to the fields, the farmer says to her, "The artificial insemination man is coming to impregnate one of our cows today.  I drove a nail into the two-by-four above the cow's stall.  You show him where it is, okay?"

So the farmer leaves for the fields, and a while later, the artificial insemination man arrives.  Amy takes him down the long row of cows until she sees the nail, and tells him, "This is the one.  This one right here!"

Terribly impressed, the man asks, "How did you know this is the cow to be bred?"

"By the nail over its stall," Amy explains.

Then the man asks, "What's the nail for?"

"I guess it's to hang your pants on," she tells him as she walks away.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
Silly Stuff
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2004, 01:58:22 am »

Somewhat Amusing personality test - I'm a "Discoverer" myself.
Dreamer-Minstral   :rolleyes:

LL
LL, I can see that you answered the questions properly, and the board gave you an accurate profile. You are a lovely dreamer and a Minstrel both in one. But Jeez, I went over there and took that silly test, and it got me all wrong. Here is what it said after I had answered its intrusive poking nosey irrelevant questions:

"Your distinct personality, The Benevolent Ruler might be found in most of the thriving kingdoms of the time. You are the idealistic social dreamer. Your overriding goal is to solve the people problems of your world. You are a social reformer who wants everyone to be happy in a world that you can visualize. You are exceptionally perceptive about the woes and needs of humankind. You often have the understanding and skill to readily conceive and implement the solutions to your perceptions. On the positive side, you are creatively persuasive, charismatic and ideologically concerned. On the negative side, you may be unrealistically sentimental, scattered and impulsive, as well as deviously manipulative. Interestingly, your preference is just as applicable in today's corporate kingdoms."

Can you believe that? Sheesh and Cold Chili! It didn't say a danged thing about my long-windedness and verbosity, my metaphysical delusions, my erotic fantasies which indict my view of reality, or how outright handsome I am. I wonder who sits around making up such silly tests, eh? Worse, I wonder about those who take the damn things....

:)

Elias

PS: Basil Fishbone, that "Nail It" joke was awful! One more crack like that and I'm likely to do two things.... 1) put your ass on KP duty for a danged week; and, 2) tell one of my infamous jokes right here for all to read, and blame the impulse to do so on you. :)
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

SFriesth

Silly Stuff
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2004, 02:19:00 am »

Well. Back to my roots again. The Court Jester. Went out and bought the DVD. Glynis Johns. Where is my time machine?

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
Silly Stuff
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2004, 02:51:43 am »

Well. Back to my roots again. The Court Jester. Went out and bought the DVD. Glynis Johns. Where is my time machine?
Hmmm, wanna trade your Court Jester for my Benevelent Ruler?

:)
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

mantispid

• http://www.mantispid.com
Silly Stuff
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2004, 09:23:37 am »

Well, the folks who scored Benevolent Ruler are the benevolent rulers of the Claire Files message board, no? ;)

"The root of all corruption is the willingness to violate the peaceful free will of others." -mantispid

Mantispid's weblog, "The Free Mind".

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Silly Stuff
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2004, 09:33:04 am »

Well, the folks who scored Benevolent Ruler are the benevolent rulers of the Claire Files message board, no? ;)
Well, I can't speak for Elias or anybody else, but I refuse to take the job.

Although (this is weird) last night I dreamed I won an election to be U.S. senator. Which was ever weirder because I wan't running. And kind of sad because the senator I replaced was Vin Suprynowicz.  :blink:  Don't worry, though. I immediately signed a pledge never to violate the Bill of Rights. And then I woke up my own self. So no harm -- and no ruling -- done.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 351   Go Up