The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: If one ever needed a reason to homeschool - you might find it here.  (Read 51476 times)

mutti

• Mutti
Re: If one ever needed a reason to homeschool - you might find it here.
« Reply #120 on: January 23, 2013, 03:46:43 pm »

Philadelphia fifth grader searched by school officials after bringing paper gun to class

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/grader-hassled-bringing-paper-gun-class-article-1.1245647#ixzz2Ipz4jd2n

offending article:

The piece of paper in question was crafted by Melody's grandfather the day before the incident, but was not very elaborate. It was just a piece of folded paper, Dianna Kelly said.

Melody didn't realize the piece of paper was still on her person when she took it out of her pocket. A classmate saw the "gun" and reported it to the school official.

See something? Say something..............................................
“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

DiabloLoco

« Reply #121 on: January 23, 2013, 06:55:31 pm »

Philadelphia fifth grader searched by school officials after bringing paper gun to class

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/grader-hassled-bringing-paper-gun-class-article-1.1245647#ixzz2Ipz4jd2n

offending article:

The piece of paper in question was crafted by Melody's grandfather the day before the incident, but was not very elaborate. It was just a piece of folded paper, Dianna Kelly said.

Melody didn't realize the piece of paper was still on her person when she took it out of her pocket. A classmate saw the "gun" and reported it to the school official.

See something? Say something..............................................
Well, they might as well tell states like Oklahoma and Florida to take the maps off the walls then! I mean, they kinda resemble GUNS don't cha know?!?

RockofStrength

« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46:04 pm »

Meanwhile, Nebraskans are going  :huh:

DiabloLoco

« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »

Meanwhile, Nebraskans are going  :huh:

Nope...That one is no good either. It looks like the outline of a small cannon.  :mellow:

gaurdduck

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2013, 09:00:00 pm »

Witch hunt...

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2013, 06:17:00 am »

Just sent this article to my SHW.  With a small note thanking her for homeschooling our kids.
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #126 on: January 28, 2013, 12:18:22 pm »

doesn't sound like a good place for any child...

Toilet paper restrictions concern Mahanoy Area parent
http://republicanherald.com/news/toilet-paper-restrictions-concern-mahanoy-area-parent-1.1435891
High school Principal Thomas Smith said it was a solution to a major problem.

"We've had serious destruction to our bathrooms for the past two years," Smith said. "We have a case pending with the police where a bathroom down by our gymnasium was absolutely destroyed. I'm sure Mr. (Robert) Pastucha (district facilities director) could tell you the times that our toilets have been jammed with toilet paper and other papers. And after we took the toilet tissue out of there, people were throwing books. It was our way to try to curb the destruction in the bathrooms."

Smith explained the procedure in getting the toilet tissue.

"Our policy is that if you need toilet paper, you would come to the office. We're not refusing anyone toilet paper," Smith said. "You would sign out and then sign back in. I randomly go in to check if anything is going on. Since we've done that, we've cut down on the destruction."
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #127 on: January 28, 2013, 06:16:00 pm »

That paper 'gun' is sort of an ink-blot test. If you hold it so the corner is pointing up, it's a tent.
If you hold it so it looks like an 'L', it becomes a boot. The fact that anything which might be
taken as a gun shape by some people must be treated as a real gun, shows just how psychologically
screwed up the system is.

Bear
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #128 on: January 28, 2013, 06:22:17 pm »

doesn't sound like a good place for any child...

Toilet paper restrictions concern Mahanoy Area parent
http://republicanherald.com/news/toilet-paper-restrictions-concern-mahanoy-area-parent-1.1435891
High school Principal Thomas Smith said it was a solution to a major problem.

"We've had serious destruction to our bathrooms for the past two years," Smith said. "We have a case pending with the police where a bathroom down by our gymnasium was absolutely destroyed. I'm sure Mr. (Robert) Pastucha (district facilities director) could tell you the times that our toilets have been jammed with toilet paper and other papers. And after we took the toilet tissue out of there, people were throwing books. It was our way to try to curb the destruction in the bathrooms."

Smith explained the procedure in getting the toilet tissue.

"Our policy is that if you need toilet paper, you would come to the office. We're not refusing anyone toilet paper," Smith said. "You would sign out and then sign back in. I randomly go in to check if anything is going on. Since we've done that, we've cut down on the destruction."

Sounds like some sort of prison.

Bear
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2013, 10:49:48 am »

Cary Grove Drill To Include Shooting Blanks In Hallways : http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/01/29/cary-grove-drill-to-include-shooting-blanks-in-hallways/
A school shooting drill planned for tomorrow in the far northwestern suburbs has many parents upset.

According to a letter from Cary-Grove High School principal Jay Sargeant, there will be a code red drill at the school on Wednesday.

It will include somebody shooting blanks from a gun in the hallway “in an effort to provide our teachers and students some familiarity with the sound of gunfire.”

“Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.”  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2013, 08:39:43 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/30/nypd-cops-handcuff-and-interrogate-boy-7-over-missing-5-family-claims/?test=latestnews#ixzz2JTBfqwXR

The bizarre overreaction by cops came after the child had been accused of swiping $5 from another student after school.

The money, which was supposed to be used for a school trip that never happened, had fallen on the ground in front of Wilson and two other boys, and one of them scooped it up.

Wilson was falsely accused of taking it, and he scuffled with one of the kids.

Officers showed up at PS X114 on Dec. 4 at about 10:20 a.m., and handcuffed and held Wilson in a room there for four hours. They then hauled him off to the 44th Precinct station house for another six hours of interrogation and verbal abuse, according to a $250 million claim against the city and the NYPD.

7 years old

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2013, 05:18:32 pm »

Kansas City - MO -  High School To Collect Students’ Hair For Mandatory Drug Testing : http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2013/01/30/high-school-to-collect-students-hair-for-mandatory-drug-testing/
Matthew Brocato, the school’s junior class president, told The Kansas City Star that the mandatory drug testing is not to punish students who fail.

“When you hear ‘drug testing,’ you think cops,” Brocato told the Star. “At first you’re taken aback. Is it for the better?”

hm - I see politics in his future -

**I double checked and this is a Private School (apparently they are a Nationwide college prep type system). It was not 100% clear in the article.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:21:43 pm by mutti »

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2013, 08:16:32 am »

Revisionism and incomplete thought process - alive and well :

http://www.religionnews.com/2013/02/06/did-gun-control-prevent-jews-from-stopping-the-holocaust/

"Though none dispute that the Nazis in 1938 issued “The Regulations Against Jews’ Possession of Weapons,” which prohibited Jews from having guns or any other kind of weapon, they find nonsensical the assertion that this law is what doomed European.

Guns could not have made the difference, columnist Michael Moynihan wrote in the Tablet, an online magazine of Jewish culture. The Holocaust was a state-sanctioned outpouring of violence from the German public, so the idea that gun control stood in the way of Jewish survival “vastly overstates the effectiveness of a tiny minority resisting a genocidal machine,” he wrote."

That’s a pattern with anti-Jewish violence, said Polonsky. “Attempts at self-defense provoke more violence.” The same occurred when Jews took up arms during the Russian pogroms of the early 20th century, and when blacks did the same in the American South before the civil rights era, he said.

---
I know it's not "PC" of me, because I'm not Jewish and don't have their "Historical Perspective". However I think this article is stacked full of crap. I recently was talking to a 13 yo about "What he was learning in school." They happen to be covering WWII and his Grandfather was discussing a line in his text book which in general stated the "perceived atrocities during the Holocaust".

----
Evil takes a long time to gestate - one event here, a law to "Protect Us" there, Zones "Free" of stuff, additional Fees so everything operates equally everywhere.

---
Why in this thread? I'd encourage people to actually see what their Children are reading in School and perhaps provide some alternate discussion if possible.

Help your kids learn to learn so that each opportunity of healthy questioning leads to their own thought.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2013, 08:02:08 am »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/03/02/boy-7-suspended-for-shaping-pastry-into-gun-dad-says/?test=latestnews

A 7-year-old Maryland boy was suspended from school for two days for shaping a breakfast pastry into what his teacher thought looked like a gun, according to his father.

A letter was sent home with students explaining that "a student used food to make an inappropriate gesture," the station reported.

I don't know - a Carrot and 2 new potatoes perhaps - but a pop tart? Dude - he was trying to make a mountain and they ended up making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up