The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Alittle 2nd Amendment action worthy of a belly laugh for you gentlemen.  (Read 8570 times)

OneOfMillions

You got to llike the mans style.........oh lordy........I got a good laugh out of this one. :mellow:

Apr

08:30
 Craigslist yanks article "To the Guy Who Mugged Me Downtown (Downtown, Savannah) "
Tags: CURRENT EVENTS
Webmaster's Commentary:
So, let me get this straight. Craigslist had no problem with a murderer using their web page to track potential victims from among the sex workers, but when someone posts an article about using a firearm to thwart a mugging, they pull it????????

Text of the yanked article follows.

I was the white guy with the black Burberry jacket that you demanded I hand over shortly after you pulled the knife on me and my girlfriend. You also asked for my girlfriend's purse and earrings. I hope you somehow come across this message. I'd like to apologize. I didn't expect you to crap your pants when I drew my pistol after you took my jacket.

Truth is, I was wearing the jacket for a reason that evening, and it wasn't that cold outside. You see, my girlfriend had just bought me that Kimber 1911 .45 ACP pistol for Christmas, and we had just picked up a shoulder holster for it that evening. Beautiful pistol, eh? It's a very intimidating weapon when pointed at your head, isn't it? I know it probably wasn't a great deal of fun walking back to wherever you'd come from with that brown sludge flopping about in your pants. I'm sure it was even worse since you also ended up leaving your shoes, cell phone, and wallet with me. I couldn't have you calling up any of your buddies to come help you try to mug us again. I took the liberty of calling your mother, or "Momma" as you had her listed in your cell, and explaining to her your situation. I also bought myself some gas on your card. I gave your shoes to one of the homeless guys over by Vinnie Van Go Go's, along with all of the cash in your wallet, then I threw the wallet itself in a dumpster. I called a bunch of phone sex numbers from your cell. They'll be on your bill in case you'd like to know which ones. Alltel recently shut down the line, and I've only had the phone for a little over a day now, so I don't know what's going on with that. I hope they haven't permanently cut off your service. I was about to make some threatening phone calls to the DA's office with it Oh well. So, about your pants. I know that I was a little rough on you when you did this whole attempted mugging thing, so I'd like to make it up to you. I'm sure you've already washed your pants, so I'd like to help you out. I'd like to reimburse you for the detergent you used on the pants. What brand did you use, and was it liquid or powder? I'd also like to apologize for not killing you and instead making you walk back home humiliated. I'm hoping that you'll reconsider your choice of path in life. Next time you might not be so lucky. If you read this message, email me and we'll do lunch and laundry.

http://whatreallyhappened.com/

Lenny

Hilarious.

Technically, though, using the mugger's phone and credit card are not justified, nor giving away his shoes. Confiscating them might be justified as a protective measure, but they're still the mugger's property and need to be returned. In a free society, the victim can potentially demand reasonable compensation for, e.g., providing safe-keeping of the mugger's property, but he can't steal the property, run up the cards, etc.

The posting would have been a libertarian treasure if he'd offered to return the mugger's property unmolested.

1911nut

• Provisional

that article made my day.
i am a true believer in concelled carry,  not only for personal protection but for the protection of the general public who happen to be around me who do not carry.

joseph mallozzi
"PRAY AND HOPE FOR THE BEST, AND ALWAYS BE PREPARED FOR THE WORST"

Bernie

• 3rd Herd

Lenny,

Thanks for the heads up on the politically correct way to handle the above situation.  I have always considered myself a liberal and strive to do the politically correct thing when possible.  I like to think that my more conservative colleagues respect me for these moments of moderation in otherwise stressful situations.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag

Hilarious.

Technically, though, using the mugger's phone and credit card are not justified, nor giving away his shoes. Confiscating them might be justified as a protective measure, but they're still the mugger's property and need to be returned. In a free society, the victim can potentially demand reasonable compensation for, e.g., providing safe-keeping of the mugger's property, but he can't steal the property, run up the cards, etc.

The posting would have been a libertarian treasure if he'd offered to return the mugger's property unmolested.

:thumbsup:

Lenny,

Thanks for the heads up on the politically correct way to handle the above situation.  I have always considered myself a liberal and strive to do the politically correct thing when possible.  I like to think that my more conservative colleagues respect me for these moments of moderation in otherwise stressful situations.

Actually Bernie [the kidder] ....
[I'm gonna Pretend you actually mean what you say just so I can make the point ....]
Actually Bernie it is not politically correct what Lenny points out.  It is Morally correct.
As in the Non Aggression Principle. [Zero Aggression Principle]

Your Right to defend yourself does not give you the Right to "Punish" the doofus for his aggression.
So using his cards, et cetera would be aggression towards him and "out of Bounds" Morally.

See ?

Now having had a reminder from you that you are almost always kidding or it isn't really you I have to ask ...

What did you do with Bernie you impostor ?
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

american4life

• I'm not prejudice. I hate all politicans equally

That was funnie as hell...Although blah blah blah....hahahahahaha. If this really happened.. Althought I would probably turn in all the items to the local police It's GREAT!!! Sorry had to post this sticker again...

dogsledder54

Hilarious.
:thumbsup:
Lenny,
Actually Bernie [the kidder] ....
[I'm gonna Pretend you actually mean what you say just so I can make the point ....]
Actually Bernie it is not politically correct what Lenny points out.  It is Morally correct.
As in the Non Aggression Principle. [Zero Aggression Principle]
Your Right to defend yourself does not give you the Right to "Punish" the doofus for his aggression.
So using his cards, et cetera would be aggression towards him and "out of Bounds" Morally.
See ?
Now having had a reminder from you that you are almost always kidding or it isn't really you I have to ask ...
What did you do with Bernie you impostor ?

The victim of the "mugging" gave a valuable lesson to the "mugger" and did nothing wrong. The mugger wanted to fuck with the couple, and he got fucked. What's the problem ?

Lenny

The victim of the "mugging" gave a valuable lesson to the "mugger" and did nothing wrong. The mugger wanted to fuck with the couple, and he got fucked. What's the problem?

I'll remember that: when your kid TP's my trees, I'll confiscate your car to teach him a lesson. You eff with me; I eff with you.

american4life

The victim of the "mugging" gave a valuable lesson to the "mugger" and did nothing wrong. The mugger wanted to fuck with the couple, and he got fucked. What's the problem?

I'll remember that: when your kid TP's my trees, I'll confiscate your car to teach him a lesson. You eff with me; I eff with you.

Isn't that the point??

Lenny

Isn't that the point??

No, it isn't. His kid's mischief entitles me to claim compensation, but it doesn't entitle me to steal his car, assault him, break his windows or sleep with his wife.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
Re: Alittle 2nd Amendment action worthy of a belly laugh for you gentlemen.
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 05:53:50 pm »

Isn't that the point??

No, it isn't. His kid's mischief entitles me to claim compensation, but it doesn't entitle me to steal his car, assault him, break his windows or sleep with his wife.

But what if his wife is REALLY hawt?
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

american4life

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 06:12:30 pm »

Lenny , no disrespect, but you said it you eff with me then I'll eff wwith you.. That is the point period..........

Lenny

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 06:22:03 pm »

Lenny , no disrespect, but you said it you eff with me then I'll eff wwith you.. That is the point period..........

That's way too vague a statement. So if you eat my lunch out of the company fridge, I should blast your head to smithereens with a ten-gauge at close range and pee down your neck-hole? After all, you effed with me--so I'm a-gonna eff with you!

Um, no. It don't work that way.

american4life

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 06:43:26 pm »

That's way too vague a statement. So if you eat my lunch out of the company fridge, I should blast your head to smithereens with a ten-gauge at close range and pee down your neck-hole? After all, you effed with me--so I'm a-gonna eff with you!

Um, no. It don't work that way.

Then why did you say it?? Remember I was not the one effin with you in the first place.....

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 06:46:38 pm »

I believe Lenny was being sarcastic when he said that.  He was attempting to demonstrate that "payback" in whatever form the victim desires is not necessarily just, and can definitely go too far and be classified as yet another act of aggression.

EDIT:  You should also understand that Lenny is a hair-splitting stickler when it comes to applying ZAP.  I don't mean that to be overly negative, because his posts usually force me to think things through thoroughly and logically.  But sometimes his sarcasm gets in the way.  He often spouts something rather off the cuff which, from his perspective, is crystal clear.  But it takes some time and practice to learn to apply ZAP to different scenarios.  I'm relatively new to the idea myself, and I have found discussions like this to be very helpful in honing my own ethical sensibilities.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 06:56:24 pm by Klapton »
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up