The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Report from the Lexington Green  (Read 6111 times)

Stewart the Yalie

• Moderator Group
  • "The final weapon is the brain"
    • Dirt Rhodes Scholar
Re: Report from the Lexington Green
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 04:28:45 am »

All, the event completely rocked, just as Rand said.  And the bond that was formed among those of us who met over that short weekend was amazing.  echo5sierra, Mouse, and Rand can attest to that.  It was like being among your buddies from your old unit.  I suppose it just goes with the territory of folks who have so much in common and a common bond of the oath. 

I apologize for not posting this past week - i was fried and burnt out and needed a rest.  But I want to make it clear that I would not change a thing, and I am so very glad we did what it took to get there and get it done. 

Jim Ayala is working on getting all of our video footage up on youtube, and you can bet that it will be used to good effect as part of our outreach.  And "Mouse" was so generous in giving his time to photograph all weekend.  His photos will likewise be put to good use.

I think this event, this act of renewal of our oaths, will have a lasting effect. 

Thank you all, my band of brothers (and sisters), for coming, and for those who could not attend, but were there in spirit, thank you as well. 

Stewart
Remember, remember your body will not live forever
That you will die matters not;
When The Day comes, follow your fathers
Give them ball for ball, and shot for shot.

Stewart

Who...me?

Re: Report from the Lexington Green
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 08:23:37 am »

Glad to see that you made it back safe and sound, albeit sleep deprived. I sure wish I had been able to attend. But I surly was there in spirit.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up