The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Farmers vs. Iowa DOT  (Read 1758 times)

NuclearDruid

Farmers vs. Iowa DOT
« on: April 02, 2009, 01:11:13 pm »

Farmer sues DOT officer, alleging abuse, in another case

The farmer never said an impolite word or threatened the officer in any way, Buchanan claimed. He alleged that with the gun pointed at Chism's head, the officer said, "I can do anything I want." Chism was arrested and accused of felony assault on a police officer, but the charge was later dropped.

Schneider, a retired dairy farmer, said he was actually driving a noncommercial recreational vehicle that was pulling an odd-shaped, 16-foot enclosed trailer used to transport a gyrocopter, which looks similar to a helicopter.

The incident report shows the traffic stop quickly turned into a potential drug bust because Wiegand claimed he immediately smelled an odor that reminded him of burning marijuana. He says in his report that Schneider told him there was nothing like that in his vehicle. The officer says he asked for permission to search the vehicle and received no objections from Schneider, who was accompanied by his wife, Jane.

One complaint involved allegations by a third party that a DOT officer was discriminatory in stopping a for-hire passenger van that transported Amish people. That case was not pursued because it was reported by a third party.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover
Pages: [1]   Go Up