The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]   Go Down

Author Topic: Moderator Actions  (Read 256787 times)

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
Re: Moderator Actions
« Reply #1485 on: November 29, 2016, 08:43:16 am »

There was an attack yesterday morning. Two IPs doing constant POSTs to xmlrpc.php. I noticed it before breakfast, vowed to block the IPs after I ate and walked, and it was gone when I looked again.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #1486 on: November 29, 2016, 09:12:22 am »

There was an attack yesterday morning. Two IPs doing constant POSTs to xmlrpc.php. I noticed it before breakfast, vowed to block the IPs after I ate and walked, and it was gone when I looked again.

Thanks, Bill. :) It was quite maddening to have the two sites I visit most so slow. Got the dishes washed and some other chores taken care of during the wait time (and the time it took me to get back in here, of course) so all was not lost. LOL
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

mi6a2lm

• http://emtaz.com
« Reply #1487 on: December 02, 2016, 02:51:49 pm »

There was an attack yesterday morning. Two IPs doing constant POSTs to xmlrpc.php.

Actually, it was likely due to a cold snap at the server's location.  Per the Lorentz Force Law*, we have,

F  =  q(E + v x B).

(bold means vectors)

Because of the coldness, the electromagnetic field (E,B) moves slower along with the now more sluggish electrons when they oscillate.  Thus, v, the velocity in the above equation, and as a result, the internet, move more slow at and from the server's location.

The above should in no way refute the eminent physicist Al Gore's ground-breaking theory of anthropogenic (human-caused) global warming - these are seasonal changes in the internet; whereas the internet is much faster now than, say, 20 years ago.  This is a direct result of the planet heating up.  Temperature increase -> faster internet (in general).  [... due to humans, there's no other explanation.]

:laugh:

*   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_force
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 02:54:12 pm by mi6a2lm »
“This is a very important lesson. You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end - which you can never afford to lose - with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be.” - ADM James Stockdale

heyoka

• flunked out of Freedom University
« Reply #1488 on: December 02, 2016, 05:01:28 pm »

:sign10:
 :thumbsup:
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. - Groucho Marx
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100]   Go Up