The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whew! Missed a Big One...For Now  (Read 1267 times)

Alton Speers

Whew! Missed a Big One...For Now
« on: November 17, 2008, 09:29:16 am »

Whew! Missed a big one...for now. Nothing but a little bit of dribble came out of the G20 meeting. So I guess the dollar will have to devalue itself for a while longer. Was it the spotlight on the meeting that frightened the gov dudes and they failed to produce results? Maybe GW is thinking about a legacy? Maybe a "gift" from Bush to Obama? Whatever the reason, we get a bit of a break for now.

"Layoffs" is a word we seem to be hearing more of along with bankruptcies. Since bankruptcy is growing more common you can do a search and find lots of info to give you a feel for the extent of the problem. Layoffs, however, tend to be a bit more scattered over time. Eric Janszen, president of iTulip.com, posted a post on the iTulip forum last week that does a good job of giving an overview of all the layoffs and what these mean to the future of the economy. It's got a lot of charts (many have graphed values on the left and right side of the chart) and worth the time to look over. Here's the link:
http://www.itulip.com/forums/showthread.php?p=59666#post59666

On another note, this man should be a hero or at least a genius: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7730018.stm The warden has a rather funny name...

If you like political cartoons, I stumbled across this one at Strike-the root: The Samtron Imperius 200ZX

sharp_shepherd

• Guardian Of The Constitution
  • Join us on the road to a new "old" America.
Re: Whew! Missed a Big One...For Now
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 11:21:10 am »

Alton you really can't expect anything to really come out of the G20 for at least a few years.  The only way it will be sooner than that is if a total world fiinancial collapse occurred and then they would have to figure out what to do after the fact.  You can't get anyone to agree (let alone 20) to agree on how to develop a new currency overnight.  They have to make back room deals and steal away billions of ounces (notice i didn't say dollars) in gold BEFORE they leave us broke and rolled up in a shivering ball on the floor.  Give them some time before you expect them to destroy the world.  Rome wasn't build in a day or destroyed in one night.  Take the extra time we have as a an opportunity to prep as much as you can.

Peace....and i'd like to get one of those 200ZX's myself.
Guardian Of The Constitution
Three Percenter
LDS Member
I love my wife, kids and family.

freewoman

Re: Whew! Missed a Big One...For Now
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 06:28:14 pm »

I cannot believe two presumably sane people named their son "Beate Peters".  You have got to be kidding me.  I was giggling too much to read the article!

The cartoon is great.  I have been talking for months about interchangeable parts, and I think this cartoon captures that idea.  Very well done!

I agree with sharp shepherd on this; often the official pronouncements on these summits don't really reflect what actually happened in the meetings.  However, any chance we get to breathe is a good thing!  I'm not near where I want to be yet--still in Florida when I want to be in the Northwest, etc., etc.  So any opportunity I have to get closer to my goals is one I want to grab with both hands.

"Whew!" is right!
Pages: [1]   Go Up