The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reviw "Cell Of One" From Claire's Writing  (Read 8081 times)

OLD TIRED RN

Reviw "Cell Of One" From Claire's Writing
« on: November 01, 2008, 01:49:36 am »

Friends, given the current "situation" I'd think it would be a good idea for all who are able to review the "cell of one" stuff written by our Claire as it is indeed "time".   Most things done as alone is best, but sometimes things such as gathering food with shotguns may require help. Just a few thougts.  I'm disabled and daily in pain, but all of you are not.  I'm not even able to do much here, but others might.  I can;t decide.  I'm either too old or too young, one or the other in that I can't help but think itwould be better for me to have already spent my time this side of the "Jordan River" or maybe I should be a lot younger like my grown son.  Trouble is even he is disabled.  Oh well.............

RN
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 01:57:57 am by OLD TIRED RN »
When freedom fails, the best men rot in filthy jails, and they who cry APEASE APEASE are hanged by those who they tried to please.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Re: Reviw "Cell Of One" From Claire's Writing
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 08:58:51 am »

Thank you for the mention, RN. I agree it's a good idea for everybody to be up on the "cell of one" concept. But although I've written about that concept, I'm definitely not the originator of it; just wanted to make that clear.

The person who wrote first and most articulately about "cells of one," in fact, is a man whose politics most of us would despise. Still ... it's a good and necessary tactic.

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

OLD TIRED RN

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 01:26:39 pm »

Thanks, Claire and so very good to see you "out and about" here.  Also reminds me of something else I read from your mighty pen about knowing your enemy well, as we may sometimes learn tactics from that enemy that will serve us well.  Here's one now. 

Hope you and yours are as well as possible both in "cabin sweet cabin" and wherever your loved ones may be.  Wishing you all the very best from one of your greatest admirers.

RN
When freedom fails, the best men rot in filthy jails, and they who cry APEASE APEASE are hanged by those who they tried to please.

Myrkul

Re: Review "Cell Of One" From Claire's Writing
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 11:15:16 pm »

Sounds interesting... Linkage, Or Must I break out my Google-fu?
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein
"If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner, and wink your eye at some homely girl." -H. L. Menken

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
Re: Review "Cell Of One" From Claire's Writing
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 11:48:04 pm »

Sounds interesting... Linkage, Or Must I break out my Google-fu?

I'll second this request.
My google-fu is not strong.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

MK-ORION

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 08:18:10 pm »

If I'm correct, Louis Beam did not originate the concept of leaderless resistance.  Col. Ulius Amoss was the originator of the concept )in 1962) and Beam only makes this fact known in his later reprints of his original thesis.  Amoss was quite prescient in this concept.  The concept of net-centric warfare is, in my opinion, a maturation of the phantom cell concept.  I believe, but cannot find, the Rand study that presents the netcetric model way before the DOD considered it viable.

This operational model is not without vulnerabilities. 

If it makes one feel any better, you can cite COL. Amoss rather than Beam. 

The person who wrote first and most articulately about "cells of one," in fact, is a man whose politics most of us would despise. Still ... it's a good and necessary tactic.
Exploiting machines to free your dreams

dogsledder54

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 08:27:24 pm »

Old Tired RN- you are not disabled as long as you can think and type. You are valuable here.   :mellow:

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 11:43:34 pm »

OTRN,

You need to find people who value what you can do,
rather than those that require what you can't do.

That little bit of wisdom is something I'm beginning to
appreciate more and more as I get older.

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

OLD TIRED RN

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 02:00:39 am »

Thanks so very much to Bear and Private Joker for your kind and encouraging words.  When it became obvious that my heart & back would no longer let me work as an RN anymore, or make the income either which was the big problem, I had for some time decided that I would be more active in church work and places like here and other forums, or in person when I could. 

Now, I find that sometimes I do more forum time in other places where people who don't have the level of understanding of the old gang of friends here have in order to try to raise the level of understanding wherever I can.  My goal in forums is to help others see what the truth really is about the decline of freedom, and hopefully by understanding that people may do more to slow the decline and simultaneously prepare for whatever may be to come in the near future.   Thankfully I can say that there have been some successes in this effort, but It always helps to have friends like you guys who say nice things helping me find the energy to press on.

Too much loss of energy & illness to get out as I'd wishes, but I do as I can.  Well, here  I am rambling AGAIN.  Thanks for your encouragement.  I appreciate you folks much.  Do take care and stay safe.  Hang on for dear life as you both know what a rough ride we are all in for coming right up "around the corner." 

Respectfully & Most Gratefully,  RN

vlad

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 12:43:43 pm »

http://www.mathaba.net/rcm/ercm/leaderless.html

an explanation of leaderless resistance

vlad

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 01:25:30 pm »

the leaderless resister may need silent survival arms

http://plainsmanscabin.yuku.com/topic/2329

http://club.guns.ru/eng/sv99.html
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:36:51 pm by vlad »

vlad

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 04:54:36 am »

http://members.shaw.ca/cronhelm/index.html

762x39   Thumper  subsonic

captainbws

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 03:01:35 pm »

Dear RN, being physically disabled, I have wondered what use I would be to a group. Some useful activities for the disabled might be researcher/gardening consultant etc, garden slug patrol, standing/sitting guard, tend the sick, cook etc freeing the more able bodied for more labor intensive demands.

In my case I'm also a natural laying on of hands healer/biblical gift. What I think will keep me out of a group is I've had several extra religious experiences and tend to be something of a Christian mystic. I guess it goes with the healing gift. For me, that we are all one, is an experiential fact and so I tend to be trans religious. It would be nice if boundaries connected rather than separated us. Rambling a bit.

RN, you are not alone. I think your medical expertise alone would qualify you for a group. At the moment I too am going it alone, but we shall see.........Recognizing the spirit of God in you, Captainbws

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 03:24:01 pm »

OTRN, Captainbws,

You both have valuable experience which can be taught only by you.

There will come a time when someone who has vital skills can make a secure
place with others just being a skills brain trust. These things need to be taught
by a mentor.

The most important things cannot be taught in a PowerPoint presentation.

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear
Pages: [1]   Go Up