The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Democracy Now! 10/14 NSA and AT&T  (Read 2722 times)

azcoyote

• Tom Paine wannabe
Democracy Now! 10/14 NSA and AT&T
« on: October 15, 2008, 02:49:10 am »

I only caught the last 20 mins or so but it was chilling.

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/10/14/james_bamford_the_shadow_factory_the

Basically, this is an expose on how the NSA bullied the telecoms into spying on us. I listened to an AT&T tech who helped build a secret room in their San Francisco office specifically for spying on American communications, not foreign. And the listeners were laughing at the stuff they were hearing on the phone, making fun of casual conversations. There's another near St Louis. Ok, that's bad enough. What's really scary is that they are building a Superdome sized building near San Antonio for the data storage of ALL communications--landline, computer--in the US. And our idiots in Congress approved this!

Get a rope.

Coyote
Always keep your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. Robert A. Heinlein

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
Re: Democracy Now! 10/14 NSA and AT&T
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 04:25:51 pm »

Ok, that's bad enough. What's really scary is that they are building a Superdome sized building near San Antonio for the data storage of ALL communications--landline, computer--in the US. And our idiots in Congress approved this!

Get a rope.

Coyote

One single large facility?  How typical of those whose minds are locked into hierarchal ways of thinking...

I'm sure they figure that it's not going to be particularly vulnerable,  either.

Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin
Pages: [1]   Go Up