The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ExPat may be forced from New Zealand due to undocumented carpentry experience  (Read 5997 times)

NuclearDruid

Residency applicant baffled at denial

An American family wanting to stay in Southland might have to leave the country after the man's residency application was denied.

Tradesman Doug Mason received the bad news in May despite his long list of skills and experience, including nine years of carpentry.

He was given two weeks to appeal the decision but by the time he had consulted a lawyer, it was too late.

Mr Mason said he had failed to get enough points to be considered for residency, but questioned Immigration's stance that his carpentry experience was not enough.

He does not have formal carpentry qualifications.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Bear

• Curious Bear

That's just plain strange. It sounds like he has everything they want, and should
qualify. If I read it correctly, they want a 'level 4' qualification OR 3 years experience.
He has 9 years experience, 1 of which is there, and letters saying he has 'level 4'
skill.

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

NuclearDruid

Bear, I think it is more an illustration of a bureaucrat saying that the experience is not properly documented. To a government official, its not so much that you have the skill as it is that you have the proper paper with appropriate stamps and such.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

Bear

• Curious Bear

Bear, I think it is more an illustration of a bureaucrat saying that the experience is not properly documented. To a government official, its not so much that you have the skill as it is that you have the proper paper with appropriate stamps and such.

ND

You're probably right. However, it doesn't say what they consider to be proper documentation.
Is it just me, or do other people get the urge to help such petty tyrants to become more open
minded through the use of a Louisville slugger?

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

clarence

• sui juris, in propia persona

ND

You're probably right. However, it doesn't say what they consider to be proper documentation.
Is it just me, or do other people get the urge to help such petty tyrants to become more open
minded through the use of a Louisville slugger?

Bear

metal or wood?

clarence
je suis contre

tu ne cede malis

"Don't feel bad, most species of large mammal die off...it's just our turn." Herb Ruhs, MD

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!

Wood wood wood... There is just something warm and comfortable about wood. So much more personal and organic.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

EwB

• resident of chaos manor

but blood cleans off of the metal SOOO much easier.

less trace,
save face

EwB

surveillancejunky

Knowing a couple of folks who moved to New Zealand, I always wondered what the draw was...  What is the DRAW toward New Zealand?  It's like us on an island to me.  They can change whatever they will change in a New York Minute, IMO of course...

Peace and Liberty
Pages: [1]   Go Up