The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seeing is Believing? Tricks with videos  (Read 2100 times)

Anduril

• Shunned
  • Somewhere, over the Rainbow...
Seeing is Believing? Tricks with videos
« on: August 21, 2008, 02:19:09 am »

People usually 'believe what they see' in news videos and other government propaganda.

Watch this before you make that mistake again...

http://www.garry.tv/?p=623

Cordially,

Anduril

ANDURIL   (Qu?: 'west-brilliance')  The sword of Aragorn II, reforged from the shards of Narsil (itself originally forged by Telchar of Novgrod), by elven-smiths in Rivendell in TA 3018.  On its blade a design of seven stars (for Elendil) between a crescent moon (for Isildur) and a rayed sun (for Anarion), as well as many runes.  Because of its heritage and its bearer, and because of its great brightness, Anduril quickly became a famous weapon.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
Re: Seeing is Believing? Tricks with videos
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 03:39:56 am »

People usually 'believe what they see' in news videos and other government propaganda.

Watch this before you make that mistake again...

http://www.garry.tv/?p=623

Cordially,

Anduril

I'm on a danged slow dial-up, so I can't watch the film. But I read down a ways into the comments, where I soon found this gem -

PoodleSlayer Says:
August 17th, 2008 at 3:38 am

OK first the astronaut guy announces aliens are real, then they find bigfoot, now video editing via photo enhancement?!
What’s next!?

To which I can only note that PoodleSlayer forgot to include in that list of amazing things the fact that our beloved government has just announced that the Anthrax Attacks after 9/11 were an inside job. Yep. Terrorism committed by one of their own, as they would now have us believe. The "bad apple" killed himself and the case is now closed. Inside job. Government man did it. They've now announced that. PoodleSlayer should have included that fact in the list, ranking right alongside Bigfoot and Astronauts preaching about space aliens.

Our national treasure - our beloved Intelligence community - is well-versed in the use of mis-information, dis-information, and every other known (and unknown) means of deception and manipulation of perception, both on the personal and mass levels. Who can know what to believe these days, eh? :)

Oh, and btw, I heard today that we now are assured finally and flatly that building number 7 of the World Trade Center did indeed collapse by fire, making it the first steel-reinforced building declared to collapse due to fire in history. I suppose we should add that to the list too, eh? :)

But I've said these remarks in a fit of easy-going good-natured (if mis-placed humor), because I could not watch the video and therefore do not know what to say about it. I hope I'm not out of line with such comments....

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."
Pages: [1]   Go Up