The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Libertarians should stop insulting cops  (Read 23606 times)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Re: Libertarians should stop insulting cops
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2015, 02:09:31 pm »

:thumbsup:
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Silver

• thrivalist
  • Moderator Group
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2015, 09:57:33 pm »

OTOH, if you enjoy tasing children, killing pets, and shooting unarmed mundanes, life in the enforcer class is very sweet indeed.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2015, 03:04:14 am »

"A job for two who are now of job age! The police!" -- Georgie to Alex in "A Clockwork Orange"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0066921/quotes?item=qt0424872
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

eric1

« Reply #78 on: June 04, 2016, 07:25:39 pm »

The problem here is the same we see with many other groups----because a small minority of an organization are bad apples, the entire organization is maligned. People create a lot of problems for themselves by not acting in a SMART manner.

Would Gandhi or Dr. King call police names?  I don't think so, and neither should we.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZaJ-iiqBA

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #79 on: June 05, 2016, 05:42:17 am »

The problem here is the same we see with many other groups----because a small minority of an organization are bad apples, the entire organization is maligned. People create a lot of problems for themselves by not acting in a SMART manner.

We've covered this a great many times. Might be true if the system or the supposed good guys actually did anything to stop or eliminate the "bad apples." It's not happening, and those bad apples seem to be increasing in number constantly. I don't hear any of the supposed good guys fighting to get rid of the immunity from prosecution and punishment for those bad apples. The entire organization should be maligned, and dismantled. The idea that people must be subservient, groveling serfs to be "smart" is completely insane.  If anyone wants "police" to protect them, they can hire their own... without any special privileges or powers. And at their own expense.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Tahn L.

• Neither Predator Nor Prey
« Reply #80 on: June 05, 2016, 01:33:48 pm »

We've covered this a great many times. Might be true if the system or the supposed good guys actually did anything to stop or eliminate the "bad apples." It's not happening, and those bad apples seem to be increasing in number constantly. I don't hear any of the supposed good guys fighting to get rid of the immunity from prosecution and punishment for those bad apples. The entire organization should be maligned, and dismantled. The idea that people must be subservient, groveling serfs to be "smart" is completely insane.  If anyone wants "police" to protect them, they can hire their own... without any special privileges or powers. And at their own expense.

eric1, First of all, welcome to TMM!

I would add to what MamaLiberty said, and that is that one must draw a distinction between "enforcers" and "Peace Officers". One group is to be admired for their intent in enforcing laws against mala in se and the other group is to be disdained for their intent in enforcing rules of mala prohibita.

https://secure.thementalmilitia.com/forums/index.php?topic=34664.0

Having said this, I generally agree that using epithets against anyone is bad form and that there are many Peace Officers that are to be admired.
All human beings have two dogs within them. A good dog and an evil dog. The evil dog is always attacking and fighting the good dog. Which one wins?
The one you feed!
  Native American Story

Government is a meme, woven within a supporting memeplex.

Who ever frames the argument, kicks ass.

From MamaLiberty; "The Price of Liberty (is) self ownership, self control, integrity and non-aggression."

"The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil". MamaLiberty

clarence

• sui juris, in propia persona
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2016, 05:57:53 pm »

i'll stop being negative about the enFORCErs when they stop trying to kill me.

clarence
je suis contre

tu ne cede malis

"Don't feel bad, most species of large mammal die off...it's just our turn." Herb Ruhs, MD

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2016, 06:19:26 pm »

“If I survive, I will  spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that no one is denied bread  and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not  bring flour.” ~Jose Marti

“Write in such a way as  that you can be readily understood by both the young and the old, by men  as well as women, even by children.” ~Ho Chi Minh

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2016, 06:26:33 pm »

Would Gandhi or Dr. King call police names?  I don't think so, and neither should we.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZaJ-iiqBA

We're roasting a pig and you're not invited.

“If I survive, I will  spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that no one is denied bread  and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not  bring flour.” ~Jose Marti

“Write in such a way as  that you can be readily understood by both the young and the old, by men  as well as women, even by children.” ~Ho Chi Minh
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up