The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Comcast Is Hiring an Internet Snoop for the Feds  (Read 4444 times)

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
Comcast Is Hiring an Internet Snoop for the Feds
« on: June 06, 2008, 12:54:35 am »

Comcast Is Hiring an Internet Snoop for the Feds
By Noah Shachtman

Wanna tap e-mail, voice and Web traffic for the government? Well, here's your chance. Comcast, the country's second-largest Internet provider, is looking for an engineer to handle "reconnaissance" and "analysis" of "subscriber intelligence" for the company's "National Security Operations."

http://www.rumormillnews.com/cgi-bin/forum.cgi?read=125651

Pagan

Re: Comcast Is Hiring an Internet Snoop for the Feds
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:07:36 am »

We have met the enemy and it is us!

I love the military terms used in this article: reconnaisance, intelligence, surveillance, deployment, secret/top secret, strategic and tactical data... you name it. And Comcast is the bloody spy employing covert techniques against the U.S. population (aka ‘the terrorist’).

I suppose Blackwater will be the SWAT team sent to intercept us when we get caught emailing a “Boo” Halloween card to our nieces and nephews.

(Sorry – it must be a bad day here; I usually don’t respond to this stuff anymore.)

spatter

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 06:58:43 pm »

Sounds like a great opportunity for a technical mole.

Spatter
It's the Government's job to print the money, deliver the mail and declare war. Now give me my cigarettes.

Florence King

Rick N

• Anger is a Gift
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 07:45:18 pm »

Looks like the people who don't use encryption and proxies are going to get what's coming to them.
"You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto (Japanese Navy)

My public PGP key

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 10:44:51 pm »

Or the people who do will.....whether they actually did anything or not..........
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

OLD TIRED RN

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 01:50:25 am »

Right on Zoot.  Probably just posting here and using that encryption stuff is enough to get one on the "naughty list."  I've been it for years.  Oh well...........  Nothing about me would bring any attention.  They already know that I don't like'em.  Other than that, nothing new.  They would be bored to tears reading my stuff but I still hope they choke on their doughnuts.

RN
When freedom fails, the best men rot in filthy jails, and they who cry APEASE APEASE are hanged by those who they tried to please.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 06:40:36 am »

Looks like the people who don't use encryption and proxies are going to get what's coming to them.
So...  People who don't use encryption are somehow not entitled to privacy?  I guess people who have windows in their homes deserve to have government lackies looking in their windows too?  Or people with zippers in their pants should have their dicks yanked out in the open?

No...  The right to privacy is still the right to privacy.  People (especially government) should mind their own damn business, even if my window shades are open.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

A_LittleBirdy

• CrossEyedMom.com
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 11:01:41 am »

Posted!

Prosecutors
will be
Violated!!!
  :contract:
Pages: [1]   Go Up