The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: TSA forces woman to remove nipple rings to board flight  (Read 6604 times)

dogsledder54

TSA forces woman to remove nipple rings to board flight
« on: March 29, 2008, 02:30:44 pm »

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/03/27/state/n110936D65.DTL&tsp=1

Excerpt:
TSA Responds to Nipple Ring Complaint
Saturday, March 29, 2008
 (03-29) 07:55 PDT LOS ANGELES (AP) --
The Transportation Security Administration said it will change they way its officers search passengers with body piercings after a Texas woman complained she was forced to remove a nipple ring with pliers in order to board an airplane.
Mandi Hamlin, 37, had demanded an apology and her Los Angeles-based attorney sent a letter to the TSA this week requesting a civil rights investigation.
Hamlin said she was trying to board a flight from Lubbock to Dallas on Feb. 24 when she was scanned by a TSA agent after passing through a larger metal detector without problems.
The female TSA agent used a handheld detector that beeped when it passed in front of Hamlin's chest, the Dallas-area resident said.
Hamlin said she told the woman she was wearing nipple piercings. The agent then called over her male colleagues, one of whom said she would have to remove the jewelry, Hamlin said.
Hamlin said she could not remove them and asked whether she could instead display her pierced breasts in private to the female agent. But several other male officers told her she could not board her flight until the jewelry was out, she said.
Hamlin was taken behind a curtain and managed to remove one bar-shaped piercing but had trouble with the second, a ring. She said the officer gave her pliers to remove the ring, a process which caused a physical pain.
The TSA said Friday in a statement on its Web site that the officers properly followed procedures, but that the procedures must change. In the future passengers can either allow a visual inspection of their piercings, or remove them, the agency said.
The statement stopped short of apologizing to Hamlin.
"TSA acknowledges that our procedures caused difficulty for the passenger involved and regrets the situation in which she found herself," the agency said in a statement. "We appreciate her raising awareness on this issue and we are changing the procedures to ensure that this does not happen again."

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Re: TSA forces woman to remove nipple rings to board flight
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 04:06:43 pm »

Sheesh
Talk about invasion of personal space ....
That's a real short flight BTW.  [280 miles +/-]
Lubbock and Dallas are both in Takes A$$.

Personally I have never understood the piercings crowd BUT It is her body.
I wonder if she'll get any compensation on this ?
Naww The FedGov doesn't hand out money unless you're on their dole-roll.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

velojym

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 05:39:10 pm »

Put up a banner at the entrance to the security line: "Show us your hooters!!!"

Lenny

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2008, 09:54:06 am »

Not funny, guys. Exploding suicide-boobs are a major threat these days.

nanosprotege

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 11:07:03 am »

This is scary to me. I had an instance where I pretty much had to strip down. I have piercings, not "there" but, heck I like my silver. I had to take everything off. In 99 I had to get bolted back together because of a car accident, so, of course, the metal detector still went off. No matter what I took off. And, of course, no one wanted to listen. Kept walking me through the big detector, no hand-helds used. I didn't even see one.

Luckily, I am quite slender, so you could feel the plate in my ankle, and one of the screws was backing out. So I pointed it out to them and "made" them feel it. Thank goodness they believed me, it was getting ridiculous. If you know what I mean.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 12:07:50 am »

The fact that they want you to live in the same state of fear as they do.......considering that you've done nothing to "the terrorists".......but government has been doing what governments do to them for decades......is ridiculous.......

I've said it before, and I'll say it again........we should just hand over all the rotten bastards that have been fucking with the people of other countries for the last few decades....to the people of those countries.......and "the terrorism" would magically fade away......

All they want is the same justice that we'd want......were the shoe on the other foot......
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 02:06:41 am »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again........we should just hand over all the rotten bastards that have been fucking with the people of other countries for the last few decades....to the people of those countries.......and "the terrorism" would magically fade away......
:wav:
This gets my vote for post of the day (for Monday the 14th, that is, it's still today until I go to bed).
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 06:32:58 am »

I'll second that! :thumbsup:
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

da gooch

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2008, 07:20:00 pm »

The fact that they want you to live in the same state of fear as they do.......considering that you've done nothing to "the terrorists".......but government has been doing what governments do to them for decades......is ridiculous.......

All they want is the same justice that we'd want......were the shoe on the other foot......

This brings to mind the Apache custom of handing the captured soldiers [that were guilty of killing women and children ...] over to the tender mercies of the tribes women and their fleshing/scraping/skinning knives.
That's justice Apache style.  Kill women ? The women kill you .... if you survive being captured by the menfolk.
Fairly simple seems to me.

So let's see Bush and Cheney to the Iraqi's or would it be the Afgani's ? One to each ?
The rest of the hooligan's can be split up into what ? .... six or seven groups ?
What countries have we NOT f**ked with in the last 20 years ?
That's a much shorter list than the one's we have meddled with to be sure.

I like it ZooT. I'll third that motion.

III

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2008, 08:24:32 pm »

And what was it Kipling said about "not being left wounded on the Afghan plain"?
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)

dogsledder54

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2008, 08:15:30 am »

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains, and the women come out to cut up what remains, jest roll to your rifle and blow out your brains and go to your gawd like a soldier.
Rudyard Kipling

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2008, 08:17:28 am »

:thumbsup:

Grimjack

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2008, 08:45:11 am »

Hey, Don't you know that the terrorists are just jealous of us because we live in a "free" Country!!!!. It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that we have been screwing around in their countries' politics, economy, and military for decades now.....nope, not a thing.....we're free I tell you! George Bush said so!!!!!
The real freedom of any individual can always be measured by the amount of responsibility which he must assume for his own welfare and security    -Robert Welch

da gooch

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 11:33:07 am »

I want some that "coffee" you're drinking there grimjack ....  :laugh:   :laugh:

III
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up