The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Former Congressman Warns Of Martial Law Camps In America  (Read 24840 times)

Junker

Re: Former Congressman Warns Of Martial Law Camps In America
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2008, 01:58:17 am »

Nice, thank you.

And there too:

Army Regulation 210-35
Civilian Inmate Labor Program

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2008, 09:01:43 am »

Camp Perry - Site renovated; once used as a POW camp to house German and Italian prisoners of WWII. Some tar paper covered huts built for housing these prisoners are still standing. Recently, the construction of multiple 200-man barracks have replaced most of the huts.

Anybody ever participate in the National Rifle Competitions at Camp Perry? I've spent a couple of weeks in those huts back in the '80s... That's been used for competitors bunks for years! Bottom line there's lots of places to put folks you want to keep under control.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2008, 11:53:43 am »

http://www.libertyforlife.com/jail-police/us-concentration_camp-locations.htm

Thank you for posting a good site. I did not have that site and have enjoyed clicking around there. I found a lot of good reading there.

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2008, 06:00:39 pm »

Anyone by any chance know where there's some good pics of the old jap internment camp from WWII?

Maybe a "Never again" campaign is in order here.........
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Junker

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2008, 07:27:10 pm »

small help

1. Google "japanese internment camp WWII" & clicked  "images" for various pics.

2. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_American_internment - ~5-6 pics

3. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Manzanar_calisthenics_0016u.jpg

Female internees practicing calisthenics at Manzanar War Relocation Center, Owens Valley, California. In 1943, Ansel Adams followed an invitation by newly appointed camp director Ralph Merritt to photograph the everyday life of the Japanese American internees in the camp. Unlike his colleague Dorothea Lange, whose pictures for the War Relocation Authority focused on the hardship and humiliation of the deportation and internment, Adams's intent was to "show how these people, suffering under a great injustice, (…) had overcome the sense of defeat and despair by building for themselves a vital community in an arid (but magnificent) environment." (Ansel Adams, 1965)

Junker

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2008, 01:56:44 pm »

Katherine's link is:

"San Jose Police To Use Crowd Control Sound Wave Weapons"

"What's good enough to force a terrorist out of a cave is good enough to make you fall into line"
- - - - - -

Thanks for linking, Katherine.

iloilo

« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2008, 12:17:57 am »

Yes, thank you Katherine, and welcome!
ff

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2008, 06:05:41 am »

Yes indeed, thank you and welcome!
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Junker

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2008, 10:26:48 pm »

via STR:

Shoo away those old-time blues.
[/size]

iloilo

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 10:55:36 pm »

Anyone by any chance know where there's some good pics of the old jap internment camp from WWII?

I think a "Never Again" campaign is definitely a great idea!  I have already sent the very relevant link posted by Katherine to others I happen to know in the freedom line of work, and asked them to post it around.
ff

Junker

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 11:10:39 pm »

I think a "Never Again" campaign is definitely a great idea!  I have already sent the
very relevant link posted by Katherine to others I happen to know in the freedom
line of work, and asked them to post it around.
ff

Ack! I missed that second line before. Good idea, ZooT.
Maybe add Hiroshima and Nagasaki to it. Dresden.
Starving the German POWs after WWII.
Etc.

Never Again!

Wyomiles

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 03:56:17 am by Wyomiles »

Junker

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 08:45:38 pm »

Older here:

Remember that scare about FEMA detention camps? Well... by Joel on February 28, 2006
Concentration kamps Courtesy of Halliburton by bd satva on February 05, 2006

From back then:

Published: February 4, 2006

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Contract to Add Temporary Immigration Detention Centers

Sign-in needed, but bugmenot.com nytimes.com is here.

Halliburton Subsidiary Gets Contract to Add Temporary Immigration Detention Centers
By RACHEL L. SWARNS

WASHINGTON, Feb. 3 -- The Army Corps of Engineers has awarded a contract worth up to $385 million for building temporary immigration detention centers to Kellogg Brown & Root, the Halliburton subsidiary that has been criticized for overcharging the Pentagon for its work in Iraq.

KBR would build the centers for the Homeland Security Department for an unexpected influx of immigrants, to house people in the event of a natural disaster or for new programs that require additional detention space, company executives said. KBR, which announced the contract last month, had a similar contract with immigration agencies from 2000 to last year.

A spokeswoman for Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Jamie Zuieback, said KBR would build the centers only in an emergency like the one when thousands of Cubans floated on rafts to the United States. She emphasized that the centers might never be built if such an emergency did not arise.

"It's the type of contract that could be used in some kind of mass migration," Ms. Zuieback said.

A spokesman for the corps, Clayton Church, said that the centers could be at unused military sites or temporary structures and that each one would hold up to 5,000 people.

bobcat

• Lead, Follow, or Get Out of the Way
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 10:42:21 pm »

BR would build the centers for the Homeland Security Department for an unexpected influx of immigrants, to house people in the event of a natural disaster or for new programs that require additional detention space, company executives said. KBR, which announced the contract last month, had a similar contract with immigration agencies from 2000 to last year.

Now that's some curious wording (the red stuff).  Sounds like words for the conspiracy theorists to tackle.  New programs, hmmmmm.
Bobcat

"Those who would sacrifice Liberty for security, deserve neither Liberty or security."  -Benjamin Franklin

Apple

• Strangely Attractive
  • Play the Game
    • Weapons of Mass Enlightenment
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2008, 01:08:20 am »

BR would build the centers for the Homeland Security Department for an unexpected influx of immigrants, to house people in the event of a natural disaster or for new programs that require additional detention space, company executives said. KBR, which announced the contract last month, had a similar contract with immigration agencies from 2000 to last year.

Now that's some curious wording (the red stuff).  Sounds like words for the conspiracy theorists to tackle.  New programs, hmmmmm.

Yeah, that one caught my eye too. A slip of the tongue? Deliberate foreshadowing? (Am I perhaps a character in some futuristic WWIII novel?)
 —Well? Shall we go?
 —Yes, let's go.
[Stage directive: they do not move.]

(last lines of “Waiting for Godot”)

PGP Key:  A2D2 B4BD CEB9 24C8 F272  16DC C1C9 65C5 39ED A0BF
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up